Central government has decided to continue Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) till FY 2019-2020. This meeting was presided over by honorable PM Narendra Modi. Accordingly, this scheme will create employment opportunities for 15 lakh people with total outlay of Rs. 5,500 crore. Interested individual / non-individual applicants can apply online through the PMEGP e-Portal kviconline.gov.in
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approves to continue PMEGP Scheme beyond 12th plan for 3 years (i.e from 2017-18 to 2019-20). Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is selected agency for its implementation at the national level. Moreover at State / District Level, State offices of KVIC, Khadi and Village Industries Boards (KVIBs) and District Industry Centres (DIC) are the implementing agencies.
Interested and eligible candidates can fill the PMEGP Application Form 2020 through the pmegp official website before the closure date. Central govt. has decided to provide financial assistance for well performing units under PMEGP and MUDRA for expansion / upgradation. The govt. will also provide Rs. 1 crore for manufacturing and Rs. 25 lakh for services with 15% to 20% subsidy (more details at msme.gov.in)
Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) Online Application Form 2020
Below is the complete procedure to apply online at PMEGP e-portal:-
- Firstly visit the official website my.msme.gov.in or kviconline.gov.in
- Subsequently on the homepage, click the ” Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)” or “PMEGP ePortal” link
- Direct Link – To fill PMEGP Application Form, candidates can directly click the link for pmegp homepage – https://www.kviconline.gov.in/pmegpeportal/pmegphome/index.jsp
- Afterwards, click “Online Application Form For Individual” link to fill the application form for individual.
- Then Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) Application Form will appear as shown below:-
- Here candidates have to fill all the details and click the “Submit” button to complete the pmegp registration process.
- Finally, registered candidates can make “PMEGP Login (Applicant)” and fill the remaining application form to complete the application process.
All the applications by the individuals received on the PMEGP e-Portal will get processed online. Candidates must read the pmegp guidelines to fill the online application form. Moreover, non-individuals / groups can also fill the application form through the link – PMEGP Application Form (Non-Individual)
Eligibility for PMEGP
The applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria for PM Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP):-
- Individual above the age of 18 years can apply for PMEGP Scheme.
- Applicant must be minimum 8th standard pass for projects above Rs. 10 lakh in manufacturing sector and above Rs. 5 lakh in business and service sector.
- PMEGP only sanctions the new projects and this scheme is not applicable for the existing ongoing projects.
- All Self Help Groups including below poverty line (BPL) SHGs with a pre-condition that these SHGs have not availed benefit of other schemes are eligible.
- Institutions registered under Societies Registration Act,1860, Production Co-operative Societies and Charitable Trusts are also eligible.
- Non Eligible – All the existing units under PMRY, REGP and any other central govt. / state govt. schemes are NOT eligible. Even any unit that has taken the govt. subsidy under any govt. scheme are NOT eligible.
PMEGP 2020 Subsidy
Following the maximum limits for cost of projects under PMEGP which is Rs. 25 lakh for manufaturing sector and Rs. 10 lakh for business / service sector, central govt. provides subsidy. The distribution of margin subsidy is as follows:-
Category Subsidy for Urban Area Beneficiary Subsidy for Rural Area Beneficiary Own Contribution General Category 15% of Total Project Cost 25% of Total Project Cost 10% of Total project Cost Special Category including SC / ST/ OBC / Minorities / Women, Physically handicapped, Ex-Servicemen, NER, Hill and Border areas etc. 25% of Total Project Cost 35% of Total Project Cost 5% of Total Project Cost
Central govt. will fix the targets taking into account the following parameters:-
- Extent of Backwardness of the State.
- Extent of Unemployment and fulfillment of previous year targets.
- Population of State / Union Territory.
- Availability of Traditional Skills and Raw Material.
Central govt. assigns a minimum target of 75 project / district is awarded to all districts on the basis of pmegp application project report to achieve Inclusive Growth. Subsequently, Higher rate of subsidy (25% to 35%) will be applicable for women, SC/ST, OBC, Physically Disabled, NER applicants in rural areas.
The entire process of application flow and fund flow has been made online. This includes receipt of application, processing, sanction by banks, transfer of margin money subsidy on pmegp loan and creation of Term Deposit Receipt (TDR) in applicant’s name.
PMEGP Scheme 2020 – Modifications / Improvements
CCEA has approved the following modifications in the PMEGP Scheme 2020 which are as follows:-
- Second loan amounting to Rs. 1 crore to existing and better performing PMEGP units to upgrade themselves with subsidy of 15%.
- Provision of Merging Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY) in PMEGP.
- Concurrent monitoring and evaluation introduction.
- Compulsory Aadhaar and Pan Card.
- Geo-tagging of PMEGP units.
- PMEGP ammendment – serving / selling non-vegetarian food at Hotels / Dhabas and Off Farm / Farm Linked activities are approved.
- Dispensing the ratio of 30:30:40 for KVIC:KVIB:DIC.
- Working capital component for manufacturing units is fixed to 40% of the total project cost. Moreover for service / trading sector, capital component is fixed to 60% of project cost.
PMEGP 2020 – Details
PMEGP is credit-linked subsidy programme by Ministry of Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises (MSME) operational since 2008-09. Subsequently, pmegp scheme will create self-employment opportunities through establishment of micro-enterprises in the non-farm sector.
Accordingly, central govt. provides financial assistance to help traditional artisans and unemployed youth in rural / urban areas. Central govt. has already given margin money subsidy of Rs 9564.02 crore to 4.55 lakh micro enterprises. Henceforth, this scheme has created job opportunities to 37.98 people till 31 January 2020.
— For any further query, candidates can send an e-mail to email@example.com