Table of Contents
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched PM Swamitva Yojana (स्वामित्व योजना) 2020-21. The central govt. will invite PM Swamitva Yojna online application / registration form at the new portal (to be launched). It is an integrated property validation solution for rural India. Now people living in rural areas can take loans from banks on their village property under PM Swamitva Scheme. Pradhan Mantri Modi has also launched E Gram Swaraj Portal / eGramSwaraj App on National Panchayati Raj Day (24 April 2020) along with this scheme.
In the new PM Swamitva Yojana 2020-21, the demarcation of inhabited land in rural areas would be done by the use of latest surveying methods. For this purpose, central govt. will use Drone’s technology with the collaborated efforts of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, State Panchayati Raj Department, State Revenue Department and Survey of India. PM Modi will hand over the physical copies of property titles of their homes and surrounding areas to 1,32,000 landowners in 763 villages across the country under the Svamitva Yojana on 11 October 2020.
The unified e-GramSwaraj portal (egramswaraj.gov.in) and app will provide single interface to prepare and implement Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP). The PM Swamitva Yojana portal will launch soon where people would be able to apply online for mapping of their village properties and availing bank loans.
PM Swamitva Yojana Online Application / Registration Form 2020
Below is the complete process to apply online the PM Swamitva Scheme 2020-21:-
- Step 1: Firstly visit the official PM Swamitva Yojana online registration portal to be launched soon.
- Step 2: After making login, applicants can find out the link of new registration.
- Step 3: Accordingly, applicants can fill the details one by one on the registration form and also upload the required documents.
- Step 4: Finally, applicants can click at the “Submit” button. Candidates can then take a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
Then the notification regarding completion of PM Swamitva Yojana apply online process would be sent on the registered mobile number. PM Swamitva Yojana will ensure faster development of rural areas along with strengthen e-governance in Panchayati Raj institutions. People can now check the complete details of their property at the portal. Just like online property registration and valuation in various states, the central govt. will also invite PM Swamitva Yojana online registration / application form.
Handing Over of Property Titles to Land Owners in Villages by PM Modi
PM Modi will hand over property titles to land owners in villages on 11 October 2020. The title deeds which will be handed over to the villagers will enable land owners to access bank finance using their property as collateral. This will also help in keeping a record of properties in rural India. The title deeds will also map all urban or Abadi (populated) areas of 6.40 lakh villages in the country by 2024. The title deeds will also help in ending the property disputes that have gone on for years.
The physical copies as well as digital property cards of the title deeds will be handed over to house owners from 763 villagers. This will include 221 from Haryana, 2 from Karnataka, 100 from Maharashtra, 44 from Madhya Pradesh, 346 from Uttar Pradesh and 50 from Uttarakhand. The distribution of these title deeds under the Swamitva scheme will provide an integrated asset verification system for the rural areas.
Under the Swamitva scheme, the land in rural populated areas will be mapped using modern technologies including the use of drones to demarcate the land. The demarcation will be done with the help of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, State Revenue Departments and the Survey of India. The representatives of the revenue department and other departments will prepare a record of the ownership in the presence of the owner. In addition to this, a detailed arrangement has also been made to settle the disputes on the spot.
Benefits of PM Swamitva Yojana 2020
Here are the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Swamitva Yojana 2020:-
1) PM Swamitva scheme will end confusion and fights over property.
2) This scheme will ensure proper planning for development in villages / panchayats.
3) In rural areas, the central govt. will keep track of all panchayati works online.
4) Union govt. will perform mapping of each and every house in the villages with the use of drones.
After houses are mapped, beneficiaries will get a PM Swamitva Yojana certificate. Accordingly, people would be able to avail bank loans in villages over their properties just like people in urban areas takes bank loans. On the basis of this scheme, the central govt. will provide awards on the Panchayati Raj Diwas from next year. This scheme aims to upgrade the people in rural areas.
Guidelines of PM Swamitva Scheme at panchayat.gov.in
All the applicants can check the complete guidelines of PM Swamitva Scheme as released at the panchayat.gov.in website:-
List of Departments under PM Swamitva Yojana
There are 4 departments under the Pradhan Mantri Swamitva Yojana 2020-21 which are listed below:-
A) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
B) State Panchayati Raj Department
C) State Revenue Department
D) Survey of India
Salient Features of PM Swamitva Yojana
Here are the salient features and highlights of the PM Swamitva Yojana 2020:-
- The PM Swamitva scheme is aimed to create a record of land ownership in rural areas.
- The scheme will provide ownership rights to people in the villages and will also help in settling the land disputes which go on for years.
- The residential land in villages will be measured using drones to create a non-disputable record. It is the latest technology for surveying and measuring of land.
- The scheme will be carried out in close coordination with the Central Panchayati Raj ministry, Survey of India, Panchayati Raj departments and Revenue departments of various states.
- Drones will be used to draw a digital map for every property falling inside a village and will also demarcate the boundaries of revenue areas.
- Property card for every property in the village will be prepared by states using accurate measurements delivered by drone-mapping.
- The delivery of property rights through an official document will enable villagers to access bank finance using their property as collateral.
Background of PM Swamitva Yojana
Every year on 24 April 2020, central govt. celebrates National Panchayati Raj Day. In order to strengthen e-governance in rural areas, govt. has now launched PM Swamitva Yojana apply form, E-Gram Swaraj online portal and eGramSwaraj mobile app. These initiatives have been launched by PM Narendra Modi himself through video conference due to COVID-19 pandemic. Every year on this occasion, Ministry of Panchayati Raj has been awarding the best performing Panchayats/ States/ UTs across the country under the Incentivization of Panchayats in recognition of their good work for improving delivery of services and public goods.
Awards are given under various categories namely Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar (DDUPSP), Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar (NDRGGSP), Child-friendly Gram Panchayat Award (CFGPA), Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) Award and e-Panchayat Puraskar (given to States/UTs only). This year due to Coronavirus lockdown, awards under only 3 categories viz. Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar (NDRGGSP), Child-friendly Gram Panchayat Award (CFGPA) and Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) award have been finalized and will be shared with the concerned States/ UT.
Furthermore, award in the other 2 categories will be finalized and communicated to States separately after completion of due process which got delayed due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic. The NPRD programme will be telecast / webcast over DD–News and the e–event will be witnessed by the Officers of Panchayati Raj Departments and other stake-holders at State / District / Block / Panchayat level across level without compromising the lockdown norms and social distancing measures.
Overview of PM Swamitva Scheme 2020-21
Check the highlights and overview of PM Swamitva Scheme 2020-21:-
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Swamitva Yojana|
|Launched on||24 April 2020|
|Launched by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Department name||Ministry of Panchayati Raj|
|Article Category||Central Government|
|Objective||Survey land and property in rural areas, provide bank loans on mapped village properties|