Maharashtra Krushi Karj Mitra Yojana Registration 2022 process to enroll Karja Mitras in the state will begin soon. The enrolled Karj Mitras will help farmers to take loans from banks. The new Loan Mitra scheme would see zilla parishads appoint single point of contact for paperwork for both short-term and long-term agricultural loans. Karza Mitra Scheme will provide employment opportunities to youth. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of Krushi Karja Mitra Yojana.
Maharashtra Krushi Karj Mitra Yojana Registration 2022
Loan melas are conducted by several banks in Maharashtra to help farmers access loans but in many backward districts, farmers talk about the gap in theory and implementation. So to overcome apparent stagnation in agricultural loan disbursal, the state government has decided to launch Maharashtra Krushi Karj Mitra Yojana. In this scheme, zilla parishads would appoint Karja Mitras to help farmers complete the paperwork needed in accessing loans. All those interested people who wants to become Karja Mitra can apply online as the registration process will start soon.
Karj Mitra Yojana Apply Online
Through this article, we will tell you all the important aspects regarding Karj Mitra Yojana. To get complete information about the scheme, you will only have to read this article till the end where we will tell you how to fill Krushi Karj Mitra Yojana application form. Along with this, we will also provide you the information about the list of documents required to be attached with registration form.
Whenever any farmer goes to the banks to apply for bank loan, they face difficulty in paperwork required to get access to loans. Each farmer has to fill a number of forms along with declaration with some terms and conditions attached. Farmers generally does not take notice of these conditions and sign it, which would later become headache. Moreover while taking loans, farmers are required to attach specific documents and arranging such documents is a hassle. So to solve these problems of farmers, govt. will launch Karja Mitra Yojana where the deployed Karja Mitras will assist farmers in taking bank loans.
Features of Krushi Karja Mitra Yojana
- Through this scheme, govt. will provide employment opportunities to a large number of youth.
- Farmers will be benefited as they will get easy access to bank loans.
- Karja Mitra Yojana will provide jobs, so unemployment rate would reduce.
- If any person wants to enroll, he / she can submit Maharashtra Karj Mitra Yojana Registration Form.
- Zilla parishads will appoint single point of contact for paperwork for both short-term and long-term agricultural loans.
- Village Level Karja Mitras would work in a similar manner as the banking correspondents.
- Each Karja Mitra will be given stipend during training and salary would be given only after confirm joining.
- This Maharashtra Krushi Karj Mitra Yojana will ensure that farmers does not fall in the debt trap of private lenders.
Need for Maharashtra Karja Mitra Scheme
Lending to the agricultural sector, although included in priority sector, has had its hurdles for the banks. Farmers have long complained of hassles they have faced especially with scheduled commercial banks in accessing the loan. The story is similar for both short-term crop loan as well as medium and long-term loans which farmers avail for agricultural infrastructure. Reports show that for the quarter ending 30 June 2021, banks have managed to disburse just 30% of the Rs. 1,18,920.18 crore target set for them this fiscal. Just 7% of the Rs. 6,020.18 crore target for term loan has been disbursed while only 27% of the crop loan target has been met.
Cooperative banks have their set structure of village-level primary agricultural societies which allows for smooth flow of credit to the ground level. However, farmers have complained of paperwork and red tape when it comes to availing loans from scheduled commercial banks. In many cases, farmers prefer to get finance from private money lenders at exorbitantly high interest rate than wait for such banks to provide them credit.
The official GR issued by the Rural Development department read that the Karja Mitra would be appointed by the zilla parishad. Such a person would help farmers prepare necessary paperwork for application to banks. After completion of the paperwork, the same would be submitted to the banks. Thus the Karja mitras would act as a bridge between banks and farmers. The scheme would have to be funded by the zilla parishad through its own funds.
Eligibility Criteria for Karj Mitra Scheme in Maharashtra
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of the Maharashtra state.
- Applicants must have basic knowledge of banking services such as loans.
- Only unemployed candidates can apply for Krushi Karj Mitra Yojana.
- Applicants must have knowledge of documents, paperwork required while taking bank loans.
- Candidate must be able to perform simple money transactions.
- Applicants must be at-least 8th class pass and must be able to read / write.
- He / She must be capable of running electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets etc.
List of Documents Required for Kisan Karj Mitra Yojana
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card / PAN Card)
- Address Proof (Ration Card / Other)
- 8th Class Pass Certificate (8th Class Marksheet)
- Bank Passbook
- Mobile Number
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
Overview of Maharashtra Karja Mitra Yojana 2022
|Name of Scheme||Karja Mitra Yojana 2022|
|Launched by||CM Uddhav Thackeray|
|Benefits||To help farmers in taking bank loans|
|Major Beneficiaries||Farmers as they will get easy access to bank loans,|
Youths as they will get job as Karja Mitra