The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched the e-EPIC (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card) on 25 January 2021. Digital Voter ID Card download process has been started from the National Voter’s Day. Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the e-EPIC programme and has distributed digital voter ID cards to 5 new voters. This will be the first time that the government is issuing voter identity cards in digital formats. Other identity proofs like the Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving licence are already available in the digital format.
National Voter ID Card Download
Citizens needs to get their name included in the Voter List and must check their name in the Downloaded Voter List With Photo to caste their important vote. NVSP Service Portal is a major initiative of the election commission to ease down the process of getting voter id card, checking status, application for addition / deletion / modification of name in voters list and taking out the Voter ID Card Print.
Voting is the constitutional right of all the citizens in India and is essential component of Democracy. People must come out and caste their vote to elect a govt. “Of the People, For the People & By the People”.
Indian Voter ID Card Registration – Name Inclusion in CEO Voters List
All the new voter whose name does not appear in the Voters List and are unable to Download Voter ID Card, can Apply Online for New Voter ID Card:-
- Firstly visit the official National Voters Service Portal Website at nvsp.in
- On the homepage, click at the “Apply online For Registration of New Voter / Due to Shifting From AC” or directly click this link
- Here new voters will have to enter their details correctly and upload their Recent Photograph, Age Proof and Address Proof before hitting the “Submit” button at the bottom.
- Overseas Voter – For Registration of Overseas Voter, candidate must fill the ‘Form 6A’. the direct link is given here – Overseas Voter Registration Form (6A)
After the submission of the Registration Form, candidates will get Registration ID. On Final approval by the Concerned Authorities, the name of the citizen will get included in the CEO Voters List. Citizens are also entitled to make modifications in the Electoral Roll – Deletion / Objection in Electoral Roll (Form 7) and Correction in Voter List Entries (Form 8). After making corrections, people can download the Duplicate Voter ID Card.
Check Name in Indian Voter List (Electoral Roll) with Name & EPIC Number
Citizens can now check their name online whether it appears in the Voters List or not. The procedure to find the name in the Voter List 2022 is as follows:-
- Visit the same official website http://www.nvsp.in/
- On the homepage, click at the “Search your Name in Electoral Roll“
- Direct Link – Candidates can directly Find Name Online either by their “Name and Other Details” or “Search by EPIC Number” through the link – http://electoralsearch.in/
- The Name Find page using the “Details” or “EPIC Number” will appear as follows:-
- Here candidates can directly enter their EPIC Number (Pehchan Patra Number) or can make search through Name, District, Gram Panchayat and other details.
This site http://electoralsearch.in/ will also tells the Citizens about their Booths, Assembly Constituency, List of Booth Level Officers (BLO’s), ERO’s etc.
Voter List 2022 PDF Download – State Wise Electoral Roll
All the candidates can directly download the complete Electoral Roll either State-Wise or District-Wise or Gram Panchayat Wise. To Download Voter ID Card, citizens needs to perform manual searching in the Indian Voter List 2022 (PDF) File. This Complete Electoral Roll is available at the official website:-
- On the homepage, select the name of the state to get the State Wise PDF Electoral Roll link
After finding their Name and S.No in the List, candidates can download their Voter ID Card.
All India State Wise Voter List PDF
|State Name||State Name|
|Himachal Pradesh||West Bengal|
|Jammu & Kashmir|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|NCT OF Delhi|
Check Voter ID Card Status
All the citizens who have already applied online for the Voter ID Card can track their Voter ID Card Status. The Status of the Online Application can be tracked using the Reference ID / Registration Number. Online Application Status for the Voter ID Card Download is available through the link given below:-
Voter ID Card Status
After the name of the candidates appears in the Voter List with Photo. Then the candidates can download their Voter ID Card / Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC Card).
Digital Voter ID Card (e-EPIC) Features
Here are the important features of Digital Voter ID Cards or e-EPIC (Electoral Photo Identity Card):-
- The e-EPIC is a non-editable secure PDF version.
- In the first phase, only new voters who have applied for their voter cards and have registered their mobile numbers with the Election Commission are able to download their digital voter ID cards.
- From 1 February 2021, all voters will be able to download their digital copies, if their phone numbers are linked with the Election Commission.
- Voters who do not have their phone numbers linked will have to get it done to avail of the download feature.
- Digital voter identity cards will be in PDF formats.
- New voters will also get hard copies of their voter ID cards.
- The digitization is to ensure there is no delay in getting voter ID cards as the physical card takes time to print and reach the voter. The idea is to provide faster delivery and easy accessibility to the document.
- Digital voter ID cards can be stored on Digilocker.
- The digital cards will carry a secured QR code.
- The e-version of the voter card is being launched to mark the anniversary of the Election Commission.
- Digital Voter ID Card or e-EPIC can be downloaded on mobile phone or personal computer.
Note – Digital Voter ID Card (e-EPIC) can be downloaded through National Voters Services Portal at nvsp.in or at ECI Voter Portal at voterportal.eci.gov.in or at Voter Helpline App.
How to Download Digital Voter ID Card (e-EPIC) at NVSP Portal
Below is the complete process to download Digital Voter ID Card or e-EPIC through NVSP portal in online mode:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official National Voters Services Portal at https://www.nvsp.in/
STEP 2: At the homepage, the Download e-EPIC option is present and is non-clickable, so to avail this facility you will have to register / login at NVSP portal first.
STEP 3: For this purpose, click at the “Login / Register” button as shown here:-
STEP 4: Upon clicking this link, you would be redirected to NVSP Account Login page as shown below:-
STEP 5: Here applicants can click at the “Don’t have account, Register as a new user” link to open the NVSP Account Registration page for Digital Voter ID Card.
STEP 6: Upon successful registration and then login at the NVSP portal, candidates would be able to download Digital Voter ID Card (e-EPIC) through online mode.
How to Download Digital Voter ID Card (e-EPIC) at ECI Voter Portal
Below is the complete process to download Digital Voter ID Card or e-EPIC through online mode:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official ECI Voter Portal through the link https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/
STEP 2: Here you can access the following facilities – Enroll To Vote, Check My Enrollment, Update My Details, Find My Polling Station, Know My BLO, Download E-EPIC.
STEP 3: In order to access these facilities including that of Digital Voter ID Card Download, you will have to make login and registration as shown below:-
STEP 4: Here applicants can login with mobile number, email ID or Voter ID number and password or login with social media accounts like facebook, twitter, gmail, linkedin. Simply login to access Digital Voter ID Card (e-EPIC) download facility.
Forgot Your Password
In case you forgot your password, click at the “Forgot Password” link to open the Password resetting page to enable you to login for downloading Digital Voter ID Card.
The download facility is available from 11.14 am onwards on 25 January 2021. People can now easily Check Name in National Voters List 2022 online and Download Digital Voter ID Card. People who are a new voter or still does not possess the Indian Voter ID Card can fill the online application for inclusion of their name in the Gram Panchayat CEO Voters List (Electoral Roll) at nvsp.in or voterportal.eci.gov.in
Launch of Digital Voter ID Card (e-EPIC) Initiative
The e-elector photo identity card is non-editable digital version of the elector photo identity card and it can be saved in facilities such as digital locker and can be printed in the PDF format. This is in addition to physical IDs being issued for fresh registration. The e-EPIC initiative has been launched in two phases.
Phase 1 of Digital Voter ID Card Download
In the first phase from January 25 to 31, all new voters who have applied for the voter-ID card and registered their mobile numbers in Form-6 will be able to download the e-EPIC by simply authenticating their mobile number. The mobile numbers should be unique and not be previously registered in the ECI’s electoral rolls.
Phase 2 of Digital Voter ID Card Download
The second phase will start from February 1. It will be open for the general voters. All those who have given their mobile numbers (linked one) they can also download their e-EPIC. A digital version of the Elector Photo Identity Card can be accessed through the Voter Helpline App and websites https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/ and https://www.nvsp.in/.
Who Launched e-EPIC Initiative
Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the e-EPIC programme. The central govt. has distributed e-EPICs and Elector Photo Identity Cards to five new voters. This also comes ahead of the assembly elections in five states – West Bengal, Assam, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry. The physical card takes time to print and reach the voter and the idea is to provide faster delivery and easy accessibility to the document.
The Aadhaar card, Permanent Account Number (PAN) card and driving licence are available in digital mode already. Introduced in 1993, the elector photo identity cards are accepted as proof of identity and address. The e-version of the voter card is being launched to mark the anniversary of the Election Commission.
Other Services at NVSP Portal
— Transposition within Assembly (Form 8A) – View Details
— For details of eligibility criteria or any other additional information related to electoral forms, kindly visit http://eci.nic.in/
— For any other technical feedback or issues on the portal kindly send your feedback to [email protected]