Karnataka government is going to launch a new Maralu Mithra App for sand booking and buying sand online. People would be soon able to buy sand online using their smartphones just like people order groceries or apparels. All the android mobile phone users would be able to download Karnataka Maralu Mitra App from google play store.
Booking of Sand would be absolutely free of cost and the purchased sand will be available for much below the market price. Once the Maralu Mithra app is launched, the Karnataka govt. intends to supply sand at a maximum rate of Rs. 1,500 per tonne. The current market rate is close to Rs. 3,250 to Rs. 3,500 per tonne.
The Maralu Mithra App in Karnataka would enable customers to book sand online, pay digitally and get it delivered at their doorstep.
Karnataka Maralu Mithra Mobile App Download
Just about 1 month after launch of new sand policy in Karnataka, govt. is now set to roll out new Maralu Mithra App. As soon as the official Maralu Mithra app is launched, we will update the app download link here.
Sand Booking & Buying through Maralu Mitra App
After the official launch of this new Maralu Mithra App, consumers would be enabled to book sand online and get it delivered wherever they want. Customer has to provide the following details for booking sand and buying it through app:-
- E-mail ID
- Postal address
- Quantity of Sand
- Sand Quality i.e Coarse, Medium and Fine
- Select type of sand (river/M-sand)
Accordingly, people can enter the following details at Maralu Mithra App, find nearest place where sand is available. On the basis of distance of place from which sand is booked, transportation cost would be decided online.
Status of Sand Booking in Karnataka
After the placement of sand booking order, people can track the status of the sand delivery till consignment reaches him. The entire details of sand order placing, shipment, delivery is available at the Maralu Mithra App. This model was successfully implemented in Udupi district in FY 2019 on an experimental basis and this model of sand booking and buying through Maralu Mitra app is now being extended across the state.
Upgradation of Maralu Mithra Mobile App
The state govt. of Karnataka is planning to upgrade the Maralu Mithra mobile app so as to provide the location of the block from where sand is extracted. The Karnataka govt. is also in talks with transporter associations to register them via. Maralu Mitra app so that transportation cost and location from where sand will be ferried can be known in advance. The online application process to book sand online and buy it will help in bringing about more accountability and transparency in sand distribution and put an end to illegal sand mining in the state.
Features of Maralu Mitra App
The Maralu Mitra app will be connected to the GPS of the sand transporting trucks, geo-tagging, and geo-fencing. This will check the sale of sand in the black market. Meanwhile, the new sand policy was framed to ensure that sand is supplied as per the demand, without complications. People should not feel burdened due to the non-availability and the high price for sand. The new sand policy will allow traditional methods of sand extraction in the coastal area.
UDUPI E-SAND (VEHICLE) App
This app is for only vehicles. For public, to book sand , Please use https://www.udupiesand.com. Vehicle owner application is used to manage order by driver. Connect with sand supplier and consumer. This application is powered by DISTRICT SAND MONITORING COMMITTEE. Direct Link to download UDUPi E-Sand (Vehicle) App is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.udupi.vehicleowner
The page to download UDUPI E Sand Vehicle App will appear as shown below:-
Salient Features of UDUPI E Sand App for Vehicles
- Check Incoming Delivery Requests
- Filter results to get delivery requests of a particular Area/Village/Hobli
- On every new order,get notified with a buzzer displaying new order details
- Choose either to Accept or Reject delivery
- Get directions to go to Sand Storage Location and Customer location with easy navigation provided by Google Map
- Check List of completed orders/Order history
– Check List of Order Requests
– Select an order to view details
– Click on “Accept” to provide delivery
– Delivery Accepted
– Go to Sand Storage Location
– Click on “Collect Sand”
– Provide OTP to Permit Holder
– Sand Collected
– Go to Customer’s Location
– Click on “Reached Destination”
– Enter OTP provided by customer
– Sand Delivered
UDUPI E-SAND (PERMIT HOLDER) App
UDUPI E-SAND (PERMIT Holder) App is for only valid permit holders. For public, to book sand, please use www.udupiesand.com. Here is the direct link to download UDUPI E-SAND (PERMIT Holder) App – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.udupi.permitholder
Salient Features of UDUPI E-SAND App for Permit Holders
- View all Orders assigned
- View orders according to their Current Status
- Not Issued : Order assigned, No driver has accepted delivery
- Recent : Delivery accepted between 0 to 2 hours
- Incoming : Delivery accepted between 2 to 8 hours
- Delayed : Delivery accepted 8 hours ago and beyond
- Verify Driver identity via OTP
- Check List of completed orders/Order history
Sand Supply Process at UDUPI Sand (Permit Holder) App
View Incoming Orders
– Check List of Order requests
– View orders based on their status
– Not Issued,Recent,Incoming, Delayed,Completed
– Enter OTP provided by driver
– Scan Permit QR Code
– Click “Verify”
– On Successful verification,Supply Sand to driver
– Click on “Sand Supplied”
– Supply process completed
For more details, visit the official website at http://udupiesand.com/