Andhra Pradesh government has started AP YSR Sampoorna Poshan Plus Scheme 2023. In this scheme, the state govt. provides nutritious food to tribal pregnant women, new mothers and poor children. This Y.S.R Sampoorna Poshan Plus Scheme is being implemented in the 77 tribal mandals in the state. Another YSR Sampurna Poshana Scheme is also being implemented for remaining plain areas. The state govt. will spend around Rs. 1863 crore for both these schemes.
The 2 New Diet Schemes are covered through 55,607 Anganwadi Centers which covers around 30 lakh women. There are around 47,287 Anganwadi centers in plain areas from which around 27 lakh women and children would be covered. Around 1,555 crore would be exclusively spent for Anganwadi centers in plain areas. The remaining budget would be spared for 3 lakh women and infants in tribal areas.
YSR Sampoorna Poshan Plus Scheme 2023 Details
In this scheme, nutritious food is supplied to children and pregnant women, irrespective of their health profile. These new diet schemes will address underweight complication in children. Here are the important features of the new AP YSR Sampoorna Poshan Plus Scheme 2023:-
- Around 3 lakh tribal women and children are covered through 8,320 anganwadi centres spread of 77 tribal mandals.
- Pregnant women and infants b/w 6 months to 3 years are getting nutritious diet.
- Eggs and milk are provided to children b/w 3 to 6 years of age.
- AP govt. is spending Rs. 1100 per month to provide diet to a single pregnant women. The state govt. will also spend Rs. 553 p.m for diet to children in tribal areas.
- A budget of Rs. 308 crore has been allocated for AP YSR Sampoorna Poshan Plus Scheme 2023 implementation.
As mentioned above for plain areas, YSR Sampoorna Poshana Scheme is implemented. This scheme is going to benefit 27 lakh women & children through 47,287 anganwadi centers with an allocation of Rs. 1,555 crore. In this scheme, AP govt. will spend Rs. 850 per month for pregnant women and new mother’s diet in plain areas, Rs. 350 for infants and Rs. 412 for children. Earlier, the diet schemes covered only those with anemic conditions but now new schemes will cover all the poor people.
How to Apply for AP YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme
AP YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus is a state implemented scheme. The Anganwadi workers will collect the data by enrolling all eligible women and children. The implementation of the program in ITDAs will be closely monitored by respective Project Officer, ITDA in coordination with the Project Director, District Women and Children Development Authority (DW&CDA). Here is the complete process of enrollment in the AP Sampurna Poshana Plus Scheme:-
- Anganwadi workers shall take up thorough survey of Anganwadi Centre (AWC) catchment area to enroll all eligible children and women in the program. Special efforts will be made to ensure unreached, most deserving populations in hill top, hard to reach locations, inaccessible areas.
- All the children (6 months to 6 years), pregnant women, lactating mothers shall be registered in the AP Sampoorna Poshan Plus Scheme. Their names and details shall be registered in Common Application Software (CAS) to monitor service delivery.
- Date of birth and gender at the time of registration in AWC and monthly height, weight records of children shall be entered correctly in CAS.
- Weighing scales shall be calibrated regularly, height scales, adult, children weighing scales shall be in working condition at all Anganwadi centers.
- Growth monitoring (height and weight) of every child will be done at Anganwadi centre every month.
- Anganwadi worker-ASHA-ANM shall coordinate to ensure medical examination of all SUW/ SAM/ MAM children by the Medical Officers (MOs), PHC for detecting any underlying causes for malnutrition; for detecting medical complications or illnesses; for prescribing treatment, and dispensing medicines like antibiotics, iron/folic acid/calcium/vitamin/zinc supplementation and deworming medicines wherever necessary; and for referral to Nutritional Rehabilitation Centre/ hospital/ appropriate facilities or specialists wherever necessary. The AWW/Supervisor to furnish the list of SUM/SAM/MAM children to ASHA/ ANM/ MO (PHC).
- Children discharged from NRC shall be monitored at home, their parents/family members shall be educated to ensure appropriate feeding, clean surroundings, personal hygiene, sanitation and clean, safe drinking water. Children identified as Severely Under Weight (SUW), SAM, MAM shall be monitored for weight on weekly basis.
- Weight of pregnant women shall be monitored every month at Anganwadi centre and recorded in CAS.
- Anganwadi worker-ASHA-ANM shall coordinate to ensure Ante-natal checkups, providing IFA tablets, administering De-worming to pregnant women and lactating mothers as per the protocol.
- Anganwadi workers, Supervisors and CDPOs shall undertake home visits, educate and counsel the beneficiaries on nutrition and health care behaviors including Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF) practices.
- Pregnant women, lactating mothers shall be educated to utilize protein, energy based take home ration provided without distributing among family members.
Community Based Events (CB Events) shall be organized at Anganwadi Centre as per the POSHAN Abhiyaan guidelines, to sensitize and create awareness among pregnant women and mothers of children up to 2 years of age and their key influencers on key health, nutrition and child care practices in order to strengthen positive practices related to survival, growth and development of children.
List of 77 Tribal Scheduled and Tribal Sub Plan Mandals for YSR Sampoorna Poshan Plus Implementation
Here is the complete list of 77 tribal scheduled and tribal sub plan mandals in which the AP YSR Sampoorna Poshan Plus Scheme 2023 is implemented:-
|S.no||District Name||Mandal Name||Scheduled / TSP|
|46||EAST GODAVARI||Y RAMAVARAM||Scheduled|
Approved Food Model for YSR Sampurna Poshana Plus Scheme
The approved food model which includes present food model as well the additional approved items is shown in the figure below:-
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the AP YSR Sampoorna Poshan Plus Scheme:-
What is the AP YSR Sampurna Poshana Plus Scheme
YSR Sampurna Poshana Plus Scheme is intended to supply nutritious food to pregnant women, children from 6 months to 6 years age and lactating mothers in 77 tribal mandals.
What is the scope of coverage
These scheduled / TSP are spread over 7 Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDAs) of Sitampeta, Parvatipuram, Paderu, Rampachodavaram, Chinturu, K.R.Puram and Srisailam and 8 districts in the State.
How can one apply for YSR Sampoorna Poshan Plus Scheme
AP YSR Sampoorna Poshan Plus Scheme is a state implemented scheme. The Anganwadi workers will collect the data by enrolling all eligible women and children.
What are the benefits to citizens
Nutritious food will be supplied to children and pregnant women, irrespective of their health profile. This scheme will address underweight complication in children.
What is the eligibility criteria for enrollment
All children aged 6-72 months of age, pregnant women and lactating mothers would be enrolled by the Anganwadi workers.
Which is the implementation agency for YSR Sampoorna Poshan Plus Scheme
The implementation agency at the state and district level are Integrated Tribal Development Authority (IRDA) and Dept. of Women and Child Development.
For more detailed information or official information source : Click here