2 BHK Housing scheme is a flagship scheme of Telangana Government to provide affordable 2BHK houses to eligible beneficiaries in the state. In this article, we will tell you about the Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme online application form, eligibility criteria, cost, pattern, design of houses, selection process, reservation process and complete details. All those beneficiaries who wish to avail a double bedroom house in the TS state can apply online and make registration for 2 BHK housing scheme at official website at 2bhk.telangana.gov.in.
Latest Guidelines for 2BHK Housing Scheme in Telangana
Government have committed to provide 2 Bed Room Houses to all the houseless poor families in the State through 2 Bed Room Housing Programme in a phased manner. Each house will consist of 2 Bed Room, Hall, kitchen and two toilets (bath-cum-WC) (2BHK). Accordingly the following guidelines are issued for implementation of the programme by the District Collectors and Commissioner, Greater Hyderabad Muncipal Corporation.
Eligibility Criteria for Selection of Beneficiaries
- Beneficiary family should be a BPL family having a valid Food Security Card with a number on her / her spouse name / his name (in case of widow/ widower/ Physically challenged.).
- House will be sanctioned in the name of house wife of the family.
- Houseless Families and families living presently in Huts, Katcha houses or in Rented houses.
- The following SC/ST/Minorities caste composition (of available eligible SC/ST/Minorities) shall be adhered to in selection of beneficiaries in each Assembly Constituency and the overall composition shall be maintained for the district as a whole.
Rural: SC /ST – 50%, Minorities – 7% and balance for others.
Urban: SC – 17%, ST – 6%, Minorities – 12% and balance for others.
(The percentages indicated are minimum and can exceed to the extent required wherever such a scenario arises).
Selection of Gram Panchayats / Wards and Selection of Beneficiaries
a. A District Level Committee will be constituted with the MLAs of the District under the Chairmanship of the Minister of the
District, and the District Collector will be the convener of the Committee for the purpose of implementation of 2 Bed Room Housing Programme.
b. The Committee will finalize G.Ps/ULBs (Wards) and number of houses allotted to G.Ps/ULBs (Wards) for each Assembly
Constituency, where 2 Bed Room Housing Programme will be implemented. The number of houses allotted shall not be more than the sanctions given to each Constituency. The minimum caste composition for SC/ST and Minorities will be decided for each GP/ULB (Ward) by the Committee. Overall caste composition in allotment of houses shall be maintained for the district as a whole.
c. The District Collector will prepare the schedule to GPs/ ULBs for calling applications and conducting Grama Sabhas/Ward Sabhas for making preliminary scrutiny of applications as per the eligibility criteria for allotment of houses under 2 Bed Room Housing Programme.
d. Preliminary scrutinized eligible list of the applicants will be forwarded to the Tahsildar of that Mandal for the thorough verification. Tahsildar after verification will submit the eligible list of applicants to the District Collector.
e. As per the schedule given by the District Collector, the list finalized by the Tahsildar will be again placed in the Grama Sabha/Ward Sabha for conduct of drawal of lots to select beneficiaries for sanction of 2 Bed Room Houses. The drawal of lots will be done as per caste composition given by the District Collector for that particular G.P/ULB (Ward).
f. The list finalized by drawl of lots for each GP / ULB (Ward) will be placed before the District Level Committee for approval and
after approval the District Collector will issue sanction orders.
g. If any complaints are received on the selection process such complaints will be enquired by the District level officer
nominated by the District Collector and findings will be placed before the Committee and the orders passed by the Committee shall be final.
h. In case of Urban areas, guidelines issued under “Housing for All” by GOI shall be followed wherever funds are dovetailed with “Housing for All” scheme funds.
- The verification of applications received for allotment of 2BHK shall be cross verified with the available data of beneficiaries and ensure that aadhar card address must be within the respective village / municipality.
- To exclude applicants who have benefited (allotted) under previous housing schemes namely rural housing, urban housing, indiramma, JnNURM, IHSDP, VAMBAY, RGK in the state duly taking the help of TSTS.
- The guidelines of PMAY-HFA (U) shall be followed in the projects taken up in ULBs and the beneficiary particulars required as per Form-4B of PMAY HFA (U) shall be obtained from the selected beneficiaries.
Pattern, Design and Cost of TS 2BHK Housing Scheme
Pattern of construction
- While selecting sites for housing construction, the District Collector have to identify most suitable Government land available if any, abutting to the village/ Municipality to take up housing in layouts.
- In Rural areas, independent houses shall be taken up with an individual plot area of 125 Sq.yds. If land is scarce, the District Collectors may consider for G+1 houses in major Gram panchayats.
- In Urban areas, houses shall be taken up in G+ pattern. District Collectors/ Commissioner, Greater Hyderabad Muncipal Corporation shall consider land availability and decide on the number of floors to be taken up. G.O.Ms. 1493 dt1.12.2007, Revenue (Asst.POT) Dept may be followed for house-sites within 2Kms of mandal headquarters.
- In case of G+ houses, allotment of flats shall be done by way of lots. Families with Physically challenged persons (PHCs) shall be allotted in the Ground floor.
- Each house will have 2 Bed Rooms, hall, kitchen and two toilets (bath-cumWC) with a plinth area of 560 sq.ft. (in Rural it includes area of staircase and in Urban it includes stair case & common area).
- Two lofts for storage of house-hold goods shall be provided in each house.
- Kitchen shall have kitchen platform .
- The type design of 2 BHK for 560 Sft. is indicated in annexure enclosed. In rural areas toilets can be within the house or outside the house.
- District Collectors can access funds from NREGS or Swatch Bharat for construction of toilets
The cost of construction per flat/ house shall not be more than Rs.5.30 lakhs in Urban areas and 5.04 lakhs in Rural areas which includes all basic facilities of Water supply, Sanitary and Electric connections and stair case. Construction cost includes all statutory taxes. The cost of construction is expected to be less than Standard Schedule of Rates (SSR) due to economies of scale, uniform design and due to supply of sand to be made available by the District Collectors under weaker section housing programme as per extant instructions issued by the Govt time to time. District Collector may issue permits to the successful bidder to the extent of sand requirement.
The unit cost of houses in the 2 BHK scheme without the Infrastructure component is as follows and it shall be applicable only for the future tenders including second & subsequent calls for the entire 2BHK Programme in the State.
|Area||Unit Cost without Infrastructure||Infrastructure Cost||Total (Unit Cost with Infrastructure)|
|Rural||5.04 lakhs||1.25 lakhs||6.29 lakhs|
|Urban||5.3 lakhs||75,000||6.05 lakhs|
|GHMC up to G+3||7 lakhs||75,000||7.75 lakhs|
|GHMC C+S+9||7.9 lakhs||75,000||8.65 lakhs|
Administrative Sanction, Technical Sanction and Execution
- District Collector shall select any Engineering Department in the district to execute 2 Bed Room Housing programme. The selected engineering department shall prepare Estimates for each colony for construction of Houses and infrastructure . In case of urban areas which are dovetailed with Housing For All (HFA) DPR shall be prepared as per the instructions issued by Director MEPMA.
- The District Collector is empowered to accord Administrative sanction for projects under 2 Bed Room Housing Programme up to Rs.150 crores in relaxation of existing PWD Codal provisions. The work shall be entrusted to the Executing Engineering department under intimation to the respective Head of the Department.
- The Tender Approval Committee shall be constituted by the District Collector as himself/herself as chairperson, Superintending Engineer of executing department as member convener and with other members as he deemed fit.
- The Superintending Engineer of the Engineering department selected by the District Collector to execute the Project, is empowered to issue Technical sanction up to Rs. 150 crores in relaxation of existing PWD Codal provisions and to call for tenders on e-procurement platform as per procedures in vogue in Government departments.
- Tenders may be called by clubbing several locations together based on the Geography, Size of the Project and Operational feasibility. Price escalation is not permitted under this programme.
- Tenders shall be called jointly for Housing and infrastructure. A construction schedule shall be given to ensure sequential completion of the project including infrastructure.
- Each tendered work shall be completed within 6 months.
- The District Collector who is the Chairman of the Tender Approval Committee is empowered to finalise and approve tenders upto Rs.150 crores for 2 Bed Room Housing Programme in relaxation of PWD Codal procedures.
- The District Collector shall issue work orders to the successful bidder.
- The executing Engineering department will execute the work as per Standard Engineering procedures.
- Work bills shall be raised once in a month or on achieving 10% of ECV.
- In GHMC area, administrative sanction, tender approval, execution of the Programme and Project monitoring and quality control shall be done by the Commissioner, Greater Hyderabad Muncipal Corporation duly following the established procedures in Greater Hyderabad Muncipal Corporation and shall seek the orders of the Muncipal Administration &Urban Department in Government, wherever required, in this regard.
Project Monitoring and Quality control of TS 2 BHK Housing Scheme
a. The District Collector shall constitute a District Monitoring Committee to monitor the progress of 2 Bed Room Housing Programme and to sort-out issues arising time to time.
b. The District collector shall ensure Quality Control of 2 Bedroom Housing Programme through the Engineering Department executing the programme. The Engineering Department executing the Programme shall follow the regular Department Quality Control procedures and submit periodical reports to the District Collector or whenever required by the District Collector.
All the District Collectors/Commissioner, Greater Hyderabad Muncipal Corporation are requested to take immediate action for implementation of 2 Bed Room Housing Programme duly following the above guidelines.
2 BHK Housing Scheme Merger With PM Awas Yojana (PMAY) in Telangana
Telangana govt. 2BHK Housing Scheme or Dignity Housing Scheme is offering homes to eligible beneficiaries absolutely free of cost. This two BHK scheme was introduced in October 2015 in order to ensure shelter to poor people. Now the state govt. will link 2 BHK housing scheme with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY). In the Telangana state, flats priced b/w Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 8.65 lakhs are given free of cost to beneficiaries. The main purpose to merge 2 BHK Housing Scheme with PMAY is to utilize funds for construction. On merger of these 2 schemes, Rs. 1.5 lakh per unit from PMAY funds would be able to flow into state’s scheme.
Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme Application Forms
Each house being constructed under the 2BHK housing scheme will consist of 2 Bedrooms, 1 Hall, One Kitchen and Two toilets with a plinth area of 560 Sq.ft. The estimated cost of the house is Rs. 5.30 Lakh in urban area excluding the infrastructure cost. The pattern of the housing units construction would be G+1 to G+9 based upon the type of land at site of construction.
Telangana 2BHK housing scheme application forms are now available at MeeSeva centers across the states. The interested eligible candidates can submit the filled application forms at any of their nearest MeeSeva centers.
Below is the format of Telangana 2BHK housing scheme application form
Download Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme Application form in PDF format – https://ts.meeseva.telangana.gov.in/meeseva/downloadzip.htm?filename=ApplicationforGrantofDoubleBedRoomHouse-ApplicationForm.pdf
How to Apply for 2BHK housing scheme in Telangana
All those people who wants to get home in 2BHK housing scheme have to fill application to get benefits of Double Bedroom Housing Scheme. The interested applicants just need to visit their MeeSeva centers and submit the filled application form along with the copies of the required documents. The applicants need to fill in their personal details, family details, income, aadhar number, address, contact details and some others in the application form along with a passport size photograph. List of Meeseva Centres in Telangana can be checked using the link here – https://ts.meeseva.telangana.gov.in/meeseva/home.htm
Reservation Pattern in Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme
Allotment of houses under the 2BHK housing scheme will be done on the lottery draw basis. The draw will be held among the eligible candidates for a particular category of house in any particular locality. Out of the total houses being constructed, 60% of the Houses are earmarked for Outright sale and 40% of houses for hire purchase.
For houses offered on Hire Purchase and Outright sale:
In all the above allotments 30% shall be reserved for Women.
For houses offered under Self Financing Scheme:
The remaining 51% shall be allotted among the remaining applicants.
More details about the Telangana 2BHK housing scheme can be found on the official website at www.2bhk.telangana.gov.in while the allotment procedure is available at the following link – http://hb.telangana.gov.in/allotmentProcedure.aspx
For complete details about TS 2BHK Housing Scheme, click the link – https://2bhk.telangana.gov.in/
Link for Telangana 2 BHK Housing Scheme Application Form –