Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2021 Apply Online | PM Ujjwala Yojana Application Form PDF | PMUY Application Form Download Online| PMUY Apply Last Date | Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Form in Hindi PDF
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Latest Updates
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) 2021 is a new social welfare scheme for free distribution of LPG connection to BPL households across the country. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana application forms are available at the LPG outlets or the distribution centers across the country. The prescribed PMUY KYC application form can be downloaded in Hindi and English language in PDF format.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2021
Only the women candidate from the poor BPL households is eligible to apply for the scheme. The identification of the eligible BPL households will be done on the basis of SECC – 2011 (Rural) database. The identification of BPL candidates in urban areas will be done on the basis of more factors. The interested candidates can apply for the PM Ujjwala Yojana by filling up the application form (in prescribed format) and submitting at the nearest LPG outlet/distribution center.
The scheme provides a financial support of Rs 1600 for each LPG connection to the BPL households. The central government has distributed PM Ujjwala Yojana Connections to more then 8.2 crore BPL families till January 2021. This is the first ever welfare scheme by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas which would benefit crores of women belonging to the poorest households.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
The government aims to not just distribute free LPG connections but also reduce the serious health hazards associated with cooking based on fossil fuels. The objective of the scheme is to empower women and protect their health. The scheme is also expected to provide employment to rural youth in supply chain of the cooking gas.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
As of now, the PMUY applications for the Ujjwala Yojana are invited through only the offline mode. The interested applicants can apply for the scheme by filling up the prescribed Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana application form.
The application forms of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana are available at all the LPG outlets or distribution centers across the country. The interested candidates can obtain the application forms for free or download from the link below.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Application Form in English
KYC Application form for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana can be downloaded in both image and PDF format. Click the images below to download the English application form for Ujjwala Yojana.
PAGE – 1
PAGE – 2
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Application Form in Hindi
PAGE – 1
PAGE – 2
Application Procedure for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- The eligible/interested BPL candidates can go to nearest LPG outlet or distribution center and avail the prescribed Ujjwala Yojana application form for free. The application form can also be downloaded in PDF format from here.
- The women applicant then need to fill her name, contact details, Adhar Number, Jan Dhan / Bank account number, other details and declaration form at the end of the application form.
- Applicant can opt for any one of the two cylinder options i.e. 14.2KG or 5KG.
- Attach the required documents such as, copy of Aadhar card, bank account statement/passbook, residence proof in form of electricity / telephone / water bill or lease agreement or house registration document or flat allotment/possession letter.
- Submit the completed application form along with the attached documents at the preferred LPG outlet.
- The applicant details will be matched against the SECC-2011 data for eligibility by LPG field officials. Ujjwala Yojana list of eligible BPL candidates can be verified by checking the name in SECC-2011 data available on NIC website.
- Oil marketing company will then undertake de-duplication exercise electronically and other measures for due diligence for a new LPG connection.
- If the applicant is found to be eligible, the connection will be issued by the oil marketing company.
- The cost of connection will be borne by the Government.
- The applicants can also chose EMI option to cover the cost of stove and first refill of LPG cylinder.
Important Points about Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana Application
- The details filled in the application form will be verified against authorized list of BPL population available with Oil Marketing Companies.
- Before releasing the new connection, the company will also verify and confirm the non-existance of LPG connection at your premises.
- If the applicant avail EMI to purchase the stove and cover the cost of first refill, the amount will be recovered from the subsidy amount of future refills by the applicant.
- The scheme provides cash assistance to cover the cost of Security deposit of Cylinder, Pressure regulator, cost of DGCC, Suraksha hose and installation and administrative charges.
There was provision of applying online for the PM Ujjwala Yojana at pmuy.gov.in which is stopped now till further directions.
Eligibility Criteria for PM Ujjwala Yojana
Basic eligibility criteria for the Ujjwala Yojana is as following
- The applicant should be a women with minimum age of 18 years as on 01 May 2016.
- Applicant should belong to BPL (Below Poverty Line) household in the country.
- The applicant details will be matched to the SECC-2011 data (Rural).
- Applicant’s household should not already own a LPG connection.
List of Documents Required for PM Ujjwala Scheme
There are certain documents required to be attached with the PMUY application form as below.
- BPL Certificate Authorised by Panchayat Pradhan / Municipality Chairman*
- BPL Ration Card*
- One Photo ID (Aadhar Card or Voter ID Card)*
- One Recent Passport Size Photograph*
- Aadhar Card*
- Driving License
- Lease Agreement
- Voter ID Card
- Telephone / Electricity / Water Bill
- Copy of Passport
- Self-Declaration attested by Gazetted Officer
- Ration Card
- Flat Allotment / Possession Letter
- House Registration Documents
- LIC Policy
- Bank / Credit Card Statement
It is not necessary to submit all the above said documents but some of those which can verify your permanent residence address and you as a BPL candidate.
Aadhar Card Now Mandatory for PM Ujjwala Yojana Free LPG Connection
Central government has made Aadhar Card mandatory for the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. The women belonging to economically backward society would be required to present their Aadhar number to avail the free LPG connection under the Ujjwala Yojana. The decision of making Aadhar Card mandatory has come just a few months after the government made Aadhar card mandatory for everyone who wishes to avail the LPG subsidy.
According to the decision, women from the BPL family who wishes to avail free LPG connection under the Ujjwala Yojana will have to furnish a proof of Aadhar card and will have to undergo the Aadhar authentication. The government has also asked the state owned fuel retailing firms to arrange the enrollment of scheme beneficiaries for Aadhar number. The women beneficiaries who still do not have Aadhar card can apply for the same.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana List of Beneficiaries 2021
All the applicants can check whether they are eligible beneficiary of PM Ujjwala or not by simply checking their name in the BPL list. It is important to note that BPL list is not a standalone list created by central government or any other agency. Rather, it is the Socio Economic Caste Census Data (SECC) 2011 report. As only BPL candidates are eligible for PMUY Scheme, people can find out either their name appears in the SECC-2011 List or not which can be checked using the link given here –
Need for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Poor have limited access to Clean fuel (LPG) . LPG spread predominantly in Urban and Semi Urban areas.
- Use of fossil fuels and conventional fuel like cowdung has a serious health implications for women and Children.
- According to WHO, 5 Lakhs die every year due to heart disease, pulmonary diseases etc.
- Indoor air pollution is also responsible for significant number of acute respiratory diseases in young children.
Operational Details of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Over 8 Cr LPG connections have been provided to BPL families with a support of Rs. 1600 each household.
- Connections will be given in the name of Women beneficiaries.
- Identification of BPL families will be made in consultation with State Governments and Union territories.
- EMI Facility for meeting the cost of Stove and Refill cost.
Ujjwala Yojana Advertisement
Official PMUY Scheme Launch Date
PMUY Scheme has been officially launched by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi at Ballia in Uttar Pradesh. The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Launch Date is 1 May 2016. On the other hand, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has also released the guidelines of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. The guidelines are related to the distribution of the free LPG connections by oil marketing companies to the women belonging to the BPL households in the country. Below is the abstract of the PMUY guidelines
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) Guidelines
1. Short title
The Scheme for providing free LPG connections by Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) to the women belonging to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) households shall be called Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. The Scheme will cover 5 crore BPL households over a period of three years.
The PMUY scheme will come into force from 1st April, 2016.
Availability of clean cooking fuel is a major challenge for rural poor households in the country. Lack of access to clean fuel is adversely affecting the health of particularly women and children in the households using unclean fuel. Government is committed to providing clean fuel to all poor households. Therefore, the Union Budget 2016-17 allocated Rs. 2000 crore to provide free LPG connections to 1.5 crore women belonging to the below power line (BPL) families during the year 2016-17.
(a) BPL is a person/ household who suffers from at least one deprivation under the SECC – 2011 (Rural) Database. For identifying urban poor, separate instructions would be issued;
(b) Release of LPG connection : LPG connection under this Scheme shall be released in the name of the women belonging to the BPL family.
(c) Cash Assistance – This will cover the initial cost of Rs. 1600/- for providing a connection and this cash assistance would be provided by the Government for each new LPG connection.
(d) SECC – refers to the Socio-Economic Caste census exercise initiated in the year 2011. This exercise was undertaken in a transparent manner by the State Governments and the Ministry of Rural Development, before the SECC database was finalized.
5. Selection of Beneficiaries
While the selection of beneficiaries would be from the BPL families only, preference would be given to SC/ ST and weaker sections of society., While providing the new connections to BPL households, priority would be given to the States which have lower LPG coverage (compared to the national average) as on 1st Jan, 2016.
6. Implementation Modalities of the Scheme would be as follows:-
- A woman of the BPL household, which does not have access to LPG connection at the start of the new Scheme, may apply for a new LPG connection (in the prescribed format) to the LPG distributor. While submitting the application form, the woman will submit details, like Address, Jandhan/ Bank Account and Aadhar number (if the Aadhar number is not available, steps would be taken in coordination with UIDAI for issue of Aadhar number to the woman of BPL household).
- The LPG Field officials will match the application against SECC – 2011 database and, after ascertaining their BPL status, enter the details (name, address etc) into a dedicated OMC Web portal through a login / password given by the OMCs.
- OMCs will undertake electronically the de-duplication exercise and other measures for due diligence for a new LPG connection.
- The connection shall be issued by the OMC to the eligible beneficiaries (after completion of various stages above). While the connection charges would be borne by the Government, the OMCs would provide an option for the new consumer to opt for EMIs, if he so desires, to cover the cost of a cooking stove and first refill. The EMI amount may be recovered by the OMCs from the subsidy amount due to the consumer on each refill
- In case the State Government or a voluntary organization or an individual wishes to contribute the cost of a stove and/or first refill, they would be free to do so in coordination with the OMCs. However, this would be under the overall umbrella of PMUY and no other Scheme name/ tagline would be allowed without express approval of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- OMCs will also organize ‘Melas ‘at various locations for release of connections to BPL families. This will be done in the presence of public representatives and distinguished personalities of the area.
- The scheme will cover BPL families under all forms of distributorship and for various sizes of cylinders (like 14.2 kg, 5 kg, etc.) depending on the field situation.
The complete document of PMUY scheme Guidelines can be downloaded from the official website of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Other Beneficiaries of PMUY Scheme
Initially, the main beneficiaries of the scheme are women belonging to poor families not having an LPG connection in the household. Now the following categories are also covered under the scheme by the Government along with the List of beneficiaries in the SECC 2011 list:-
- All SC/ST’s households beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)(Gramin)
- Antoyoday Anna Yojana (AAY)
- Forest Dwellers
- Most backward Classes (MBC)
- Tea and Ex- Tea Garden Tribes
- Residents of islands and river islands
The benefit of the scheme has been extended to people residing in Hilly states, including North-Eastern (NE) states by treating them as ‘priority states’.
PM Ujjwala Yojana Toll Free Helpline Number
जानें क्या है प्रधानमंत्री उज्ज्वला योजना का हेल्पलाइन नंबर जिस पर आप बात करके उज्ज्वला योजना के बारे में किसी भी तरह की जानकारी ले सकते हैं? Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has released the toll free helpline number for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana beneficiaries. The candidates from BPL households can call toll free at 1800 266 6696 to discuss any of their queries about the PM Ujjwala Yojana.
However, there is already a 24×7 toll free number available for the LPG customers which is 1906 but this new number has been released exclusively for the resolution of queries regarding the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana connections. The help regarding the PMUY will be available in different languages at this new toll free number.
हिंदी में पढ़ें: प्रधान मंत्री उज्ज्वला योजना हिंदी में.