|PDF Name||SMAM Scheme 2022 Guidelines PDF|
|Last Updated||October 31, 2022|
|No. of Pages||96|
|PDF Size||0.67 MB|
|Topic / Tag||Govt Scheme Guidelines|
|Source(s) / Credits||Sarkari Yojana|
SMAM Scheme 2022 guidelines available to download in PDF format at agrimachinery.nic.in. Sub Mission on Agricultural Mechanization will be implemented in all the states, to promote the usage of farm mechanization and increase the ratio of farm power to cultivable unit area up to 2.5 kW/ha.
SMAM Scheme 2022
Sub Mission on Agricultural Mechanization has the following objectives:-
- Increasing the reach of farm mechanization to small and marginal farmers and to the regions where availability of farm power is low;
- Promoting “Custom Hiring Centres” to offset the adverse economies of scale arising due to small landholding and high cost of individual ownership;
- Creating hubs for hi-tech& high value farm equipments;
- Creating awareness among stakeholders through demonstration and capacity building activities;
- Ensuring performance testing and certification at designated testing centers located all over the country.
Strategy for SMAM Implementation
To achieve the above objectives, the Mission will adopt the following strategies:-
- Conduct performance testing for various farm machineries and equipments at the four Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institutes (FMTTIs), designated State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) and ICAR institutions;
- Promote farm mechanization among stakeholders by way of onfield and off-field training and demonstrations.
- Provide financial assistance to farmers for procurement of farm machinery and implements
- Establish custom hiring centres of location and crop specific farm machinery and implements
- Provide financial assistance to small and marginal farmers for hiring machinery and implements in low mechanized regions