|PDF Name||Rainfed Area Development Programme | RADP Scheme Guidelines PDF|
|Last Updated||February 10, 2023|
|No. of Pages||23|
|PDF Size||7.19 MB|
|Topic / Tag||Govt Scheme Guidelines|
|Source(s) / Credits||Sarkari Yojana|
Rainfed Area Development Programme or RADP Scheme guidelines available to download in PDF format at agricoop.nic.in. RADP scheme aims at improving the quality of life of farmers especially small and marginal farmers by offering a complete package of activities to maximize the farm returns for enhancing his/her food and livelihood security.
Rained Area Development Programme (RADP Scheme)
The main objectives of Rainfed Area Development Programme (RADP Scheme) are as follows:-
- Increasing agricultural productivity of rainfed areas in a sustainable manner by adopting appropriate farming system based approaches.
- To minimize the adverse impact of possible crop failure due to drought, flood or un-even rainfall distribution through diversified and composite farming systems.
- Restoration of confidence in rainfed agriculture by creating sustained employment opportunities through improved on-farm technologies and cultivation practices.
- Enhancement of farmers income and livelihood support for reduction of poverty in rainfed areas.
- Convergence of relevant developmental programmes in project areas for optimal utilization of resources by establishing an integrated and coordinated system involving different sectors and institutions.