Tamilnadu govt. invites application forms for the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2021 at tamilnadumahalir.org every year. Subsequently, all the women between 18 to 45 years of age can avail 50% govt. subsidy or Rs. 25,000 (whichever is less) on the purchase of mopheds, scooters and bikes. Interested candidates can download the Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme offline applications in PDF format & check application status from the official website of Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women. People can even check new eligibility criteria as per government order released.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2021
Amma 2 wheeler scheme 2021 will make women economically independent and self confident. Subsequently, Amma Two Wheeler Scheme is for “Women Empowerment” in the Tamil Nadu state. All the women having annual income of less than Rs. 2.50 lakhs can avail maximum 50% or Rs. 25000 subsidy on purchase of bikes, scooters and mopheds. The remaining amount is to be borne by the beneficiary by bank loans or other means.
One female member in a family can apply for this Amma Two Wheeler Scheme. TN state govt. had previously rolled out this scheme on 24 February 2018. The complete details to download the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme application form 2021 and subsidy claim form are given below.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Application Form PDF
All the women candidates seeking 50% subsidy on the purchase of vehicle can download the application form in PDF Format and submit it to the concerned authorities. Accordingly, direct link to download the Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme application form (rural and urban) are as follows:-
Application Form – Rural – Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Rural Form PDF.
Application Form – Urban – Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Urban Application Form PDF
Field Verification Form (Office use) – Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme Field Verification Form Download
Candidates have to download and take a printout of the application form. Afterwards, candidates can fill in all the necessary details including Personal details, Bank details etc. Applicants have to affix recent passport size photograph to complete the application form.
The official notification for Amma Two Wheeler Subsidy Scheme was released on 8 January 2019. Similar notification with some changes in time is expected to be released in the month of January 2021. After filling the complete Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme application form, candidates must submit the form pdf to the concerned authorities before the last date to get subsidy on purchasing vehicles.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Subsidy Claim Form Download
Here is the direct link to download the 50% subsidy claim form for purchasing scooters, scooty and mopheds for women:-
Subsidy Claim Form Download – Amma 2 Wheeler Subsidy Claim Form
After receipt of registration certificate and completion of physical verification process, subsidy is released directly into loan / bank account of the beneficiary.
Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for the govt. subsidy under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme:-
- All the applicants must be a women residing in state of Tamil Nadu.
- Subsequently, women applicant must belong to the age group of 18 to 45 years. (earlier 18 to 40 years)
- Women working on special time scale of pay whose annual income is less than Rs. 2.50 lakh are eligible. These includes anganwadi workers, helpers, noon meal organisers, cooks and assistants, women workers in cooperative societies/ shops and other women holding similar positions in various government departments, government undertakings, urban and rural local bodies will all are now eligible for getting subsidy under the scheme.
- Only one women in any family can apply for the scheme.
- Moreover, this subsidy remain applicable only to the vehicles having capacity of less than 125 cc.
Furthermore, preference will be given to the families which are run by an individual woman, disabled and transgenders. The earlier norm of the beneficiary having to have “appeared” for class 8th exam – irrespective of whether they have passed or failed – had been deleted in the amended government order (G.O) released on 29 November 2019.
List of Documents for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2021
The following documents are to be submitted along with the completed application form in order to apply for the Amma 2 wheeler scheme:-
- Age Proof
- Learner’s / Driving License (LLR / DL)
- Income Certificate
- Education Certificate (8th pass / fail)
- Community Certificate (for SC / ST)
- Bank Account Details
- Residence Proof
- Employment Proof
- Priority Certificate
- Invoice / Quotation of the Vehicle
Field Verification Officer will check the documents as per checklist of documents. Candidates can download Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme Errata to avail complete information on various aspects of the scheme.
PM Modi Launching Amma Two Wheeler Scheme – Background
Pradhan Mantri had earlier launched the Amma Two wheeler scheme in Chennai. As a mark of launching, the Prime minister handed over the keys of new scooties at 50% subsidy to 5 working women. The name of these women are Madhumala, D.Deepa, S. Farzana, R. Tangamala, G. Kavita.
This is the dream project of late CM J Jayalaithaa for the beneficial of working women. This initiative will help in Women Empowerment and protection of nature.
Launch Event Details
TN Governor Banwarilal Purohit, E Palaniswami and other top official welcomes PM Modi at Chennai Airport. Then PM flew to INS Adyar Naval base located near Marina beach and then he reaches the function venue – Kalaivanar Arangam by road. Earlier in this event, E Palaniswami presented a memento and O Panneerselvam presented a shawl to welcome PM Modi.
As per the reports, several women have made applications for this scheme and scrutiny process is undergoing. This scheme is only for the welfare of women and Women Empowerment. Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker M Thambidurai, Union Minister Pon Radhakrishnan, Tamil Nadu Ministers, MLAs were also present at this launch event of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme.
Highlights of Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme
The important features and highlights of the launch event of Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme are as follows:-
- This Two Wheeler Scheme for women empowerment will provide subsidy of 50% upto Rs. 25000 on the purchase of mopheds and scooters.
- All the women in Tamil Nadu state between the age of 18 – 45 years can avail the benefits of this scheme on the purchase of scooties having less than 125 cc capacity.
- However, only one female in a family can apply for this scheme whose annual income is less than Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum can avail the subsidy benefits. Moreover, govt. will give priority to families run by Individual women and disabled.
- At the roll-out of this scheme on 24 February 2018 in Chennai, honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given keys and copies of Registration Certificates (RC) to 5 working women. These women includes an accountant, salesperson, accountant and an assistant in private school.
— Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme Operational Guidelines – http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/images/Guidelines-English.pdf
— For more details, visit the official website http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/
— To download all forms PDF for Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme, click at http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/tnatws.html
Tamil Nadu Two Wheeler Subsidy Scheme for Ulemas
Tamil Nadu government is going to start a new Two Wheeler Subsidy Scheme for Ulemas. This announcement was made by honourable Chief Minister Edapaddi K Palaniswami on 19 February 2020 for welfare of minority communities in TN state. Accordingly, EPS announced a subsidy of 50 per cent for Ulemas to buy two-wheelers and also double the Ulema pension to Rs. 3,000 from existing Rs. 1,500 per month. Ulemas are the guardians and interpreters of religious knowledge in Islam.
Tamilnadu CM said that there are more than 2800 institutes registered with the TN Waqf Board. The ulemas of these institutions would be able to get Rs. 25,000 or 50% subsidy (whichever is less) on purchase cost of two wheeler. The major difference is that Amma Two Wheeler Scheme is for women while the new Two Wheeler Subsidy Scheme is for Ulemas in Islam.
The pension amount under the Ulema Pension Scheme has also been revised. In the pension scheme implemented in the Tamil Nadu state in 1981, all the Pesh Imams, mothinars, Arabic teachers and mujawars who retired from Tamil Nadu Waqf Board institutions are paid pension. Now all those people among these who have completed 20 years of service and reached 60 years of age are eligible for an increased pension amount of Rs. 3000 per month.