Tamilnadu govt. led by CM MK Stalin has closed the Amman Two Wheeler Scheme. Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2023 application forms would not be invited from this financial year onward at tamilnadumahalir.org. But you can check the details of the Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme for information purpose which was running under the previous regime.
In the Amma 2 Wheelers scheme, all the women between 18 to 45 years of age were getting 50% govt. subsidy or Rs. 25,000 (whichever is less) on the purchase of mopheds, scooters and bikes. For applying purpose, applicants were required to download the Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme offline applications in PDF format & check application status from the official website of Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women.
About Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2023
Amma 2 wheeler scheme was an initiative of the state govt. to make women economically independent and self confident. Amma Two Wheeler Scheme was specifically launched for “Women Empowerment” in the Tamil Nadu state. Under this scheme, all the women having annual income of less than Rs. 2.50 lakhs were able to get maximum 50% or Rs. 25000 subsidy on purchase of bikes, scooters and mopheds. The remaining amount was to be borne by the beneficiary through bank loans or other means.
One female member in a family could apply for this Amma Two Wheeler Scheme. TN state govt. had previously rolled out this scheme on 24 February 2018. The complete details to download the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme application form 2023 and subsidy claim form are given below.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Application Form PDF
All the women candidates seeking 50% subsidy on the purchase of vehicle were required to download the application form in PDF Format and submit it to the concerned authorities. As the scheme now stands closed, direct link to download the Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme application form (rural and urban) are not functional now but form’s representative image can be checked here:-
Application Form for Rural Women
Application Form for Urban Women
Candidates were required to download and take a printout of the application form. Then they had to fill in all the necessary details including Personal details, Bank details etc and affix recent passport size photograph to complete the application form.
The official notification for Amma Two Wheeler Subsidy Scheme was released on 8 January 2019. After filling the complete Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme application form, candidates were required to submit the form pdf to the concerned authorities before the last date to get subsidy on purchasing vehicles.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Subsidy Claim Form Download
As the scheme is closed now, direct link to download the 50% subsidy claim form for purchasing scooters, scooty and mopheds for women is not functional. However, representative image of subsidy claim form can be checked here:-
Tamil Nadu Govt Schemes 2023Popular Schemes in Tamil Nadu:Check TNPDS Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card Status Online at tnpds.gov.inTNSAND Online Sand Booking StatusTNPDS Smart Ration Card Online Application Form
Subsidy Release Claim Form
After receipt of registration certificate and completion of physical verification process, subsidy was released directly into loan / bank account of the beneficiary.
Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate had to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for the govt. subsidy under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme:-
- All the applicants must be a women residing in state of Tamil Nadu.
- Women applicant must belong to the age group of 18 to 45 years. (earlier 18 to 40 years)
- Women working on special time scale of pay whose annual income is less than Rs. 2.50 lakh were eligible. These includes anganwadi workers, helpers, noon meal organisers, cooks and assistants, women workers in cooperative societies/ shops and other women holding similar positions in various government departments, government undertakings, urban and rural local bodies were all eligible for getting subsidy under the scheme.
- Only one women in any family could apply for the scheme.
- This subsidy remained applicable only to the vehicles having capacity of less than 125 cc.
Furthermore, preference was given to the families which were run by an individual woman, disabled and transgenders. The earlier norm of the beneficiary having to have “appeared” for class 8th exam – irrespective of whether they have passed or failed – had been deleted in the amended government order (G.O) released on 29 November 2019.
List of Documents for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2023
The following documents were to be submitted along with the completed application form in order to apply for the Amma 2 wheeler scheme:-
- Age Proof
- Learner’s / Driving License (LLR / DL)
- Income Certificate
- Education Certificate (8th pass / fail)
- Community Certificate (for SC / ST)
- Bank Account Details
- Residence Proof
- Employment Proof
- Priority Certificate
- Invoice / Quotation of the Vehicle
Field Verification Officer was assigned the duty to check the documents as per checklist of documents. Candidates were able to download Amma 2 Wheeler Errata to get complete information on various aspects of the scheme.
PM Modi Launching Amma Two Wheeler Scheme – Background
Pradhan Mantri had earlier launched the Amma Two wheeler scheme in Chennai. As a mark of launching, the Prime minister handed over the keys of new scooties at 50% subsidy to 5 working women. The name of these women were Madhumala, D.Deepa, S. Farzana, R. Tangamala, G. Kavita.
This was the dream project of late CM J Jayalaithaa for the beneficial of working women. This was an initiative to help in Women Empowerment and protection of nature.
Highlights of Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme
The important features and highlights of the launch event of Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme were as follows:-
- This Two Wheeler Scheme for women empowerment was to provide subsidy of 50% upto Rs. 25000 on the purchase of mopheds and scooters.
- All the women in Tamil Nadu state between the age of 18 – 45 years were able to get the benefits of this scheme on the purchase of scooties having less than 125 cc capacity.
- However, only one female in a family was able to apply for this scheme whose annual income was less than Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum. Moreover, govt. was giving priority to families run by Individual women and disabled.
- At the roll-out of this scheme on 24 February 2018 in Chennai, honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi had given keys and copies of Registration Certificates (RC) to 5 working women. These women included an accountant, salesperson, accountant and an assistant in private school.
This post is only for information purpose. It was running when Edappadi K Palaniswami was the chief minister of the state. The current chief minister MK Stalin has stopped this scheme in the name of Amma and has even not allocated any budget for 2 wheeler scheme.