Table of Contents
Telangana Rythu Vedika Scheme 2020 is all set to be launched by the state government of Telangana on 31 October 2020. It is an initiative to bring farmers under one platform and help them attain higher returns. Telangana govt. plans to construct as many as 2,601 Rythu Vedikas in the state in the next few months duration.
Telangana Rythu Vedika Scheme 2020
The Rythu Vedika Scheme 2020 in Telangana state will address the issues faced by farmers. Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will inaugurate the Rythu Vedika at Kodakandla mandal headquarters town in Jangaon district. These Rythu Vedikas will be similar to the Rythu Bharosa Kendras of the Andhra Pradesh.
Implementation of Rythu Vedika Initiative for Farmers
Rythu Vedika Scheme 2020 is an initiative to bring farmers under one platform which would help farmers in attaining higher returns. The state government of Telangana plans to construct as many as 2,601 Rythu Vedikas in the state. Out of these, the work of around 1,580 Rythu Vedika were completed till 30 October 2020.
The Telangana government has earmarked Rs. 572.22 crores towards the total construction cost at Rs. 22 lakh per Rythu Vedika. Out of the total cost, around Rs. 12 lakh will be met by the agriculture department and the remaining Rs. 10 lakh will be met from MNREGS funds.
Salient Features of Rythu Vedika Scheme 2020
The important features and highlights of the Rythu Vedikas to be setup in the Rythu Vedika Scheme 2020 are as follows:-
- Rythu Vedika Scheme will help in mobilizing the farmers to organize themselves into groups.
- Rythu Vedika Initiative would help farmers in attaining their ultimate objective of getting remunerative prices, better marketing facilities, higher productivity and ultimately making agriculture profitable.
- The Rythu Vedika platform will help farmers meet frequently to discuss their problems.
- It would materialise the plans of farmers and ensure proper selling of their produce.
- Rythu Vedikas will also help farmers to organize themselves into a group for protecting their rights.
Benefits of Rythu Vedika Initiative
The Rythu Vedika Scheme is going to facilitate the government to know the ground level problems and difficulties faced by the farmers. Rythu Vedika initiative will help in formulating new strategies and upgrade the existing system to make agriculture sustainable. The platforms will be used as skill imparting centres by the agriculture and allied departments. Each Rythu Vedika will have two rooms and two toilets with a plinth area of 2,046 sq feet.
Around 27 Rythu Vedikas were constructed with the money received from donors. Land was received from donors for 139 Rythu Vedikas. Mission Bhagiratha will provide tap water to Rythu Vedikas.