Central government invites Kusum Yojana online registration / application form 2023. Union govt. will provide 3 crore solar pumps to farmers under Kisan Urja Suraksha Utthan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM) Scheme till FY 2022-23. These solar agricultural pump sets at subsidy would replace agriculture pumps currently running from electricity and diesel. The official website for Solar Agriculture Pumps Subsidy Yojana previously was kusum.online but now it is closed.
What is PM Kusum Yojana 2023
Under PM Kusum Yojana, govt. will provide solar agricultural pump sets at subsidy to farmers. The primary aim of Kusum Scheme 2023 is to provide advanced technology to farmers to generate power. These solar pumps has double benefits as it will assist farmers in irrigation and will also allow farmers to generate safe energy. As these pump sets comprises of energy power grid, farmers can sell the extra power directly to the government which would also increase their income.
Farmers can even use barren land for solar energy generation, setup solar power plants on barren land, generate electricity, sell extra generated electricity and have a livelihood out of it. KUSUM Yojana as announced by the central govt. would promote solar power production and solar farming to benefit farmers.
PM-KUSUM scheme is one of the largest initiatives in the world to provide clean energy to more than 3.5 million farmers by solarising their agriculture pumps. PM-KUSUM scheme aims to support installation of additional solar capacity of 30.80 GW.
प्रधानमंत्री-कुसुम योजना के नाम पर धोखाधड़ी करने वाली वैबसाइटों से सावधान
सतर्क रहें धोखाधड़ी से बचें – मंत्रालय के संज्ञान में आया है कि कई फर्जी वेबसाइट और मोबाइल एप्लिकेशन आवेदकों से प्रधानमंत्री किसान ऊर्जा सुरक्षा एवं उत्थान महाभियान (प्रधानमंत्री-कुसुम योजना) के नाम पर किसानों से सोलर पम्प लगाने हेतु ऑनलाइन आवेदन पत्र भरने के साथ पंजीकरण शुल्क तथा पंप की कीमत का ऑनलाइन भुगतान करने को कह रहे हैं। इनमें से कुछ फर्जी वेबसाइट डोमेन नाम * .org, * .in, * .com में पंजीकृत हैं जैसे http://onlinekusumyojana.com/, www.kusumyojanaonline.in.net, www.pmkisankusumyojana.co.in, www.onlinekusamyojana.org.in, www.pmkisankusumyojana.com, https://kusum-yojana.co.in/ and https://www.onlinekusumyojana.co.in/ और इसी तरह की कई अन्य वेबसाइटें हैं।
इसलिए प्रधानमंत्री-कुसुम योजना के लिए आवेदन करने वाले सभी किसानों को सलाह दी जाती है कि वे धोखाधड़ी करने वाली वेबसाइटों पर न जाएं तथा कोई भी भुगतान न करें। प्रधानमंत्री-कुसुम योजना को राज्य सरकार के विभागों द्वारा कार्यान्वित किया जा रहा है। योजना की अधिक जानकारी के लिए नवीन और नवीकरणीय ऊर्जा मंत्रालय (MNRE) की आधिकारिक वेबसाइट www.mnre.gov.in पर विजिट करें अथवा टोल फ्री नंबर 1800-180-3333 डायल करें !
PM Kusum Yojana Guidelines PDF (Updated)
The new guidelines for PM Kusum Yojana has been simplified on 14 December 2021 and now the implementation of the scheme will be as per the new guidelines.
- In order to check updated guidelines, you can download PM Kusum Yojana Guidelines PDF (Simplified) through the link – .
- PM Kusum Reforms (English) on 20 September 2021 –
- Guidelines for Implementation of Feeder Level Solarisation under Component C of PM Kusum Scheme on 4 December 2020 –
- Amendments / Clarifications in the implementation guidelines of Pradhan Mantri Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyaan (PM-Kusum) Scheme on 13 November 2020 –
- Scale Up and expansion of PM Kusum Scheme on 9 November 2020 –
- Comments / Suggestions on implementation of Component B of PM-Kusum Scheme for installation of standalone solar pumps – reg on 23 September 2020 –
- Clarification for Implementation of PM Kusum Scheme on 7 Sep 2020 –
- Amendments in Guidelines for Implementation of Component C of PM Kusum Scheme – reg on 27 July 2020 –
- MNRE issues fresh advisory against fraudulent websites inviting registration on PMKusum Scheme on 10 July 2020 –
- MNRE issues advisory against fraudulent websites for registration under PM-Kusum Scheme on 3 June 2020 –
- Invitation for EOI for conducting evaluation of Component A and Component C of PM-Kusm Scheme on 17 April 2020 –
- Clarification for Implementation of PM Kusum Scheme on 31 Dec 2019 –
- Guidelines for implementation of Component-C of PM-KUSUM Scheme on Solarization of Grid connected Agriculture Pumps(388KB pdf) on 8 November 2019 –
PM Kusum Scheme 2023 Parts
The various parts of Kusum Scheme 2023 are as follows:-
- Solar Pumps Distribution – In Kusum Yojana, the power department in association with departments of the central govt. are going to work towards the successful distribution of solar powered pumps.
- Construction of Solar Power Factory – This includes the construction of solar power plants which would have a capacity to produce significant amount of power.
- Setting up tubewells – Kusum scheme includes setting up of tubewells which are also going to generate certain amount of power.
- Modernization of present Pumps – Only the production of power is not one of the aim of this Kusum Scheme 2023. The final component of Kusum scheme deals with the modernization of pumps which are currently in use and to replace old pumps by solar pumps.
In addition, banks would also provide 30% extra of total expenses as bank loans to farmers. Now the farmers would only have to spend the upfront cost and is around 10% of total cost to set up these solar projects.
Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan – Kusum Scheme Components
The proposed Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (Kusum scheme) will consist of three components:-
Component A – 10,000 MW of Decentralized Ground Mounted Grid Connected Renewable Power Plants. This component will be implemented on pilot mode for 1000 MW capacity. Under component A, renewable power plants of 500 KW to 2 MW capacity would be setup by individual farmers / cooperatives / panchayats /farmer producer organisations (FPO) on their barren or cultivable lands. The remaining power generated is going to be purchased by the DISCOMs at feed in tariffs determined by respective SERC. Kusum Scheme is going to provide a stable and continuous source of income to the rural land owners. Moreover, DISCOMs will get Performance Based Incentives @ Rs. 0.40 per unit for 5 years.
Component B – Installation of 17.50 lakh standalone solar powered agriculture pumps. Under this component, individual farmers are going to be supported to install standalone solar pumps of capacity up to 7.5 Horse Power. People are also allowed to open Solar PV having capacity in kW which is equal to the pump capacity in HP.
Component C – Solarization of around 10 lakh grid-connected solar powered agricultural pumps. This component will be implemented on pilot mode for 1 lakh grid connected agriculture pumps. Under this component, all the individual farmers will be given support to solarise pumps of upto 7.5 HP capacity. Solar PV capacity upto 2 times of pump capacity in kW is allowed under Kusum Scheme. Farmers can then use generated energy to meet irrigation needs while the rest of the available energy would be sold to DISCOM. This scheme is going to create an avenue to provide extra income to farmers and for the states to meet their RPO targets.
Both the pilot projects for component A & B will be scale up on success of pilot run while component B would be implemented in full-fledged manner.
Kusum Yojana Implementation
In order to successfully implement component B & C of Kusum Yojana, govt. will provide central financial assistance (CFA) of 30% of benchmark cost or tender cost (whichever is lower). The state govt. will also provide 30% subsidy and the remaining 40% amount is to be borne by the farmer. For 30% investment amount by the farmer, bank finance facility will also remain available while the remaining 10% amount will have to be given by farmer from their pockets. The central govt. will provide 50% CFA for North Eastern States, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Lakshadweep and A&N Islands.
Kusum Scheme is going to have a substantial impact on the environment as CO2 emissions would get reduced. All the 3 components in combined form would result in saving of around 27 million tonnes of CO2 emissions per year. Furthermore, the component B (standalone solar pumps) of Kusum Scheme will save 1.2 billion litres of diesel per annum along with associated savings in foreign exchange due to reduction of import of crude oil.
PM Kusum Yojana Online Registration Form 2023 [Apply]
The PM Kusum Yojana official website kusum.online is now not working. So, any person who wants assistance on PM Kusum Yojana can now contact at 011-2436-0707, 011-2436-0404 (Toll Free: 1800-180-3333) or visit the official website at mnre.gov.in.
To get a free solar pump in this PM Kusum Yojana of the central government, farmers will have to apply online on the official website of the scheme (). Farmers can easily apply for Kusum Yojana from this website.
Below is the previous procedure (now not functional) to apply online for Kusum Yojana online application and registration form:-
- Visit the official website at kusum.online
- At the homepage, click at the “आवेदन करें” link. Afterwards, the Kusum Yojana online registration form 2023 will appear as shown below:-
- Here candidates can enter the complete details including farmers name, mobile number, e-mail ID and other details and click at the “Submit” button to complete the Kusum Scheme 2023 registration process.
- Next candidates can click at Kusum Yojana homepage for login for Solar Agricultural Pumpset Subsidy Scheme 2023 as shown below:-
- After making Kusum Yojana 2023 Login at the homepage, candidates can fill the Kusum Yojana online application form to avail subsidy on solar agricultural pumps.
Central govt. has started KUSUM Scheme back in the financial year 2018 to assist farmers in replacing all the existing diesel and electric pumps with solar agricultural pumps. On these solar agricultural pumps, govt. would provide 60% of total cost as subsidy to all eligible farmers across the country.
Govt. Expands Kusum Scheme (Phase 2)
With PM Kusum scheme, the country will not only get rid of diesel-powered irrigation pumps, but it will also provide an opportunity to farmers to earn extra money. Under the Kusum Yojana scheme, farmers running solar pumps with solar energy will be able to sell their power back to the power distribution units of the states and earn extra profit from it. Although this scheme was implemented earlier, the Renewal Ministry under the Central Government has set a target to expand it from 2021-22 to 2022-23.
The central government believes that the Kusum Yojna scheme can play an important role in doubling the income of farmers. This will reduce the irrigation cost of farmers and on the other hand, it will also open the way for additional income for farmers. The solar-powered pump will be connected to the local grid. Farmers will be able to sell more power to the grid.
Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (Kusum) Scheme Approved by CCEA
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the launch of Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan. Kusum Scheme 2023 will provide financial and water security to the farmers. Kusum Solar Pump Yojana online application form available at kusum.online. Kusum Yojana has 3 components namely A, B & C which are going to be implemented to provide solar powered agriculture pumps.
All 3 components combined, Kusum scheme aims to add a solar capacity of 25,750 MW by FY 2022. Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan is also going to generate employment opportunities directly and will also increase the self employment opportunities.
PM Kusum Yojana Helpline Number
Contact No: 011-2436-0707, 011-2436-0404
PM KUSUM Toll Free Number: 1800-180-3333
Official website: www.mnre.gov.in