Indian Railway has introduced a Rail SAARTHI mobile app to integrate all mobile application to attend to various passenger requirements, including ticket booking, inquiry, on-board cleaning and ordering meal on a single platform. The SAARTHI app would help to fulfill all the requirements of passengers.
Currently there are many apps which have been launched by the Indian railways for different purposes. Each app provides only single type of service to the customer. To use different services, users need to search and download each application separately. For better customer experience, there was a need to integrate all railway app services in single application.
Introduction to Rail SAARTHI Mobile App
The Rail SAARTHI or Synergised Advanced Application Rail Travel Help and Information app also provides the features such as safety for women, complaint facility and suggestions for improvement. It contain all necessary information regarding railways about train running delay, ticketing, timing etc.
Interesting to note that the customer can also book flight ticket using the SAARTHI app. This app has been developed by the CRIS (Centre for Railway Information Systems). The SAARTHI app was the part of Integrated Railway project which was announced in the rail budget. The integrated app can now also be used for booking taxis, hotels and give feedback.
Android Users Download Rail SAARTHI App
Step 1: Go to Google play store in your android phone or visit the URL https://play.google.com.
Step 2: Search for RAIL SAARTHI or click this link.
Step 3: Then click on “INSTALL”.
Step 4. The app will be downloaded and installed in your android phone.
Step 5: Now to use all the functions of this application, you have to download the following apps by clicking the links in the Rail SAARTHI Mobile App.
Rail SAARTHI additional apps to be downloaded are
- IRCTC Rail Connect for Reserved Ticketing.
- UTS for unreserved ticketing.
- NTES (National Train Enquiry System) for train running status.
- IRCTC Air for air ticket booking.
- IRCTC Catering – Food on Track for food booking.
- IRCTC Tourism for tour booking.
- COMS for Rail SAARTHI for complaints and suggestions.
- COACHMITRA AND CLEANMYCOACH for clean my coach services.
- Twitter app for providing feedback on twitter.
Uses/Services of Rail SAARTHI App
Following services/facilities are being provided on the Rail SAARTHI mobile app.
1. Train Ticketing: Unreserved and reserved ticketing.
2. Enquiry: Seat Availability, Fare Enquiry, Train Running Status, and PNR enquiry.
3. Affiliated Services: Air Ticket Booking, Food on track, tour booking and book retiring room.
4. Feedback: Complaints and suggestions, clean my coach and coach mitra, and feedback on twitter.
Snapshots of Rail SAARTHI Mobile App
For more details, please visit the official website of Ministry of Railways at http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/.