Maharashtra Manodhairya Yojana 2022 Online Registration Form for Acid Attack / Rape Victims / Children Victims of Sexual Offences. In 2013, the state government of Maharashtra launched a scheme named “Manodhairya Yojana” for providing monetary aid to victims of rape, child sex abuse and acid attacks. Since then, the Maharashtra state government has been providing monetary compensation to such victims from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh under the Manodhairya Yojana. However, the amount to be paid as compensation would depend upon the crime faced by the victim.
Though the compensation amount has been increased, the highest compensation would only be provided to those women and children who suffer from complete mental or physical disability after sexual assault or rape. In case of acid attach, the maximum compensation would be provided only if the face of the victim or any body parts sustain the visible damage.
Whats is Manodhairya Yojana 2022 in Maharashtra
Here are the important features and highlights of Manodhairya Yojana 2022 in Maharashtra:-
- It is of utmost importance to ensure the victims of Rape and Acid Attacks (Women and Children) are brought out from the psychological shock that they suffer. It is also equally important to provide them Shelter, Financial Assistance, Medical and Legal Aid and Counselling Services.
- As per the directions of the Hon. Bombay High Court, the State has now revised the Financial Norms and Revised Manodhairya Scheme has been launched.
- Govt. of Maharashtra has been implementing Manodhairya Scheme for rehabilitation of victims of Rape and Acid Attacks (women and children) by providing them Financial Assistance.
- With this in mind, the WCD Dept. is implementing Manodhairya Scheme in the state. Financial Assistance of Rs. 1 Lakhs and in special cases Rs. 10 Lakhs. is provided to the victims. Based on the requirement, Rehabilitation of victims and their dependents by way of shelter, counselling, medical and legal support, Education and Vocational Education is carried out.
- Single Window System: Complete process starting from accepting the forms to providing financial assistance have been handed over to District Level/ State Level Legal Services Authority.
- Inclusion of minor Girls under ITPA Act: The revised Act also covers Minor Girls rescued under The Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956.
Determination of Eligibility of Victims under Manodhairya Scheme – https://services.india.gov.in/service/detail/maharashtra-determination-of-eligibility-of-victims-under-manodhairya-scheme
Apply Online for Manodhairya Yojana in Maharashtra
The link to apply online for Manodhairya Yojana is https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en/Login/Login. Upon reaching this page, make registration by hitting at the “New User ? Register Here” link as shown below:-
Need – Manodhairya Scheme for Rape / Acid Attack Victims / Children Victims of Sexual Offences
Manodhairya scheme makes many provisions regarding compensation for the relief of victims in emergency situation and providing set up support services such as counseling, medical aid and legal aid etc. However, the state government has capped the monetary aid offered to rape and child abuse survivors at Rs. 1 lakh. In some cases, the government can offer the vocational training for victims to persuade them to be financially independent.
A district level relief and rehabilitation board under the district collector as a chairman has been implementing the scheme in their respective districts across the state. In 2013, out of all, highest number of cases registered for rape, acid attack and sexual assault on women were reported were in Maharastra (13827) by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB).
Official Notification for Manodhairya Scheme 2022
According to the official notification, the government is providing free plastic surgery of the acid attack survivors at government hospitals in the state. The government is going to construct a district and the state legal services committees to approve the expenditure of such treatment. For complete guidelines, check the Manodhairya Scheme Official Notification using the link – https://womenchild.maharashtra.gov.in/upload/uploadfiles/files/manodheryashasanNirnay.pdf
It becomes the responsibility of the government to provide safety to women throughout the country. The Government should endeavor to provide and put in place effective mechanism to provide safe environment for women across the country.
For more details, visit the official website at https://womenchild.maharashtra.gov.in/content/schemes/manodhairya-scheme-for-rape-victims–children-who-are-victims-of-sexual-offences-and-acid-attack-victims-women-and-children.php