Central government led by PM Narendra Modi has started various schemes for promotion of students education in the past 6 years. As students of India are its most valuable resource, our billion-strong nation needs the nurture and care in the form of basic education to achieve a better quality of life. Check the list of Pradhan Mantri Yojana for Students launched in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019. These govt. schemes for school education are going to be remain applicable in 2020 also.
Here we are providing you the New PM Modi Government Schemes List 2020 for Students Education in India. This list of central government schemes for school education in India includes student development schemes run by AICTE and MHRD run schemes. The list comprises of 10 AICTE run and 28 MHRD run schemes classified into Schemes for elementary, secondary and higher education.
To avail the scheme benefits, students can apply online and fill respective yojana form to avail benefits. The primary objective is to ensure quality education for all students and to enable them to secure good jobs and thus build strong nation.
List of Government Schemes for Education in India by AICTE
Here is the complete list of central government schemes for school education in India run by AICTE:-
- PG Scholarship Scheme – This PG Scholarship Scheme is awarded to full time GATE / GPAT qualified students. All the qualified students admitted to M.E./ M. Tech/ M. Arch and M.Pharma courses in AICTE approved Institutions and Colleges are eligible. The PG Scholarship Scheme beneficiaries gets Rs. 12,400 per month per student.
- National Doctoral Fellowship (NDF) – This NDF Scheme admits full time meritorious research scholars by providing research fellowship to students. All those who want to seek admission to Ph.D. in AICTE approved Technical Institutes / University Departments for carrying out research in thrust areas. The candidates can apply online for National Doctoral Fellowship Scheme to avail its benefits.
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme – Pragati Scholarship / Contingency is awarded to meritorious girls taking admission in AICTE approved Technical institution at Degree/ Diploma. Total 4000 scholarship are given @ Rs. 30000 as tuition fee reimbursement and Rs. 20000 as incidentals each year. Students can now Apply Online for Pragati Scheme to avail its benefits.
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme – Saksham Scholarship / Contingency is awarded to differently abled students taking admission in AICTE approved Technical institution at Degree/ Diploma. Total 1000 scholarship are given @ Rs. 30000 as tuition fee reimbursement and Rs. 20000 as incidentals each year. Students can now Apply Online for Saksham Scheme to avail its benefits.
- Prerana Scheme for Preparing SC / ST Students for Higher Education – There is an acute shortage of faculty in engineering & polytechnic colleges. The problem can be addressed by promoting degree students of pre-final and final year to go for post graduate courses. Prerana Scheme aims at providing financial support to institutes who are willing to put extra efforts for encouraging and training SC/ST students for GATE/GPAT/CAT/CMAT and GRE. The broad objective of the scheme is to help aspiring SC/ST students seeking higher education through admission test like GATE/GPAT/CAT/CMAT/ TOEFL/ IELTS and GRE. Students can Apply Online for Prerana Scheme to avail its benefits.
- Samriddhi Scheme for SC / ST Students for Setting Start-Ups – Looking at the poor job availability in the market, it is necessary to provide opportunities for SC/ST students to start their own enterprise. The broad objective of Samriddhi Scheme is to help SC/ST students is in designing, launching and running their own business/startup through entrepreneurship development programme after formal education is over/during their education as per AICTE’s startup policy. Students can Apply Online for Samriddhi Scheme to avail its benefits.
- Support to Students for Participating in Competition Abroad (SSPCA) – The objective of the SSPCA Scheme is to provide travel assistance registration fees to a team of minimum 2 to 10 students for attending competition at international level in order to encourage engineering students to improve their field of technical education. Students can apply online for SSPCA Scheme to avail its benefits.
- Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) – Objective of PM Scholarship Scheme is to build up capacities in youth of J&K, educate, enable and empowering them to compete in normal course, enhancing and boosting employment potentials in students of J&K. Total 5000 scholarship are given @ Rs. 100000/- as Maintenance Charges and academic fee as Rs. 30000/- to General Degree, Rs. 125000/- to Engineering Degree & Rs. 300000/- to Medical Degree each year.
- AICTE-INAE Travel Grant Scheme – An AICTE-INAE Travel Grant Scheme for Engineering Students to present papers abroad has been launched for enhancing the quality of engineering education in the country. Students can apply online for AICTE-INAE Travel Grant Scheme or download pdf application form to avail its benefits.
download pdf application form
- Smart India Hackathon 2019 – Smart India Hackathon is a unique initiative to identify new and disruptive digital solutions for solving the challenges faced by our country under the program of Smart India Hackathon 2017. This event was held on 1st – 2nd April 2017 for 36 hrs non-stop competition. 9544 technology students, 598 problems statements, 29 different central govt. ministries, 26 different Nodal centres & funding of Rs. 3 Lakh per team for 100 qualified teams.
- M.TECH Projects as Internship with Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) – The main objective of the scheme is to nurture an innovation ecosystem that benefits the technologically deficient MSMEs and technical institutes both. 408 Small and Medium Enterprises have given requirement of 738 Technology students.
The list of PM Modi Yojana for students which are run All India Council for Technical Education are available at https://www.aicte-india.org/ which is the official website.
MHRD Run Education Schemes in India
Here is the complete list of education schemes in India run by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD):-
|Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan|
|Mid Day Meal Scheme|
|Strengthening for providing quality Education in Madrassas (SPQEM)|
|Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan|
|Girls Hostel Scheme|
|National Scheme of Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education|
|Inclusive Education for Disabled at Secondary Stage|
|Scheme of Vocational Education|
|National Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme|
|Scheme for construction and running of Girls Hostel for students of secondary and higher secondary schools|
|Scholarship schemes for Minority students|
|Scheme of Apprenticeship Training|
|Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (Scheme)|
|Junior Research Fellowships for biomedical sciences|
|All India Council for Technical Education Scholarships|
|Department of Science and Technology grants and fellowships|
|DST’s Scholarship Scheme for Women Scientists and Technologists|
|Biotechnology fellowships for doctoral and postdoctoral studies by DBT|
|Scholarships /Awards at Undergraduate & Postgraduate level in various science courses at the University of Delhi|
|Fellowships/Scholarships/Awards by the Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Sports Authority of India promotional schemes|
|Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Schemes / Programmes|
|Scholarship Schemes for ST Students by Ministry of Tribal Affairs|
|Post-matric Scholarships for SC /ST students|
|Scholarships for Minority Students|
The official website of MHRD is https://mhrd.gov.in/. To know more about the remaining scholarship schemes for all category of students, visit the National Scholarship Portal at https://scholarships.gov.in/