Delhi Shramik Mitra Scheme 2022 has been launched by the state govt. of NCT of Delhi on 8 November 2021. Shramik Mitra Yojana will ensure that the benefits of various programmes reaches the construction workers. With the help of this scheme, construction workers can avail pension, tools, loan, house, marriage, education, maternity benefits. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of Delhi Shramik Mitra Scheme.
What is Delhi Shramik Mitra Scheme 2022
Under Delhi Shramik Mitra Scheme, the state govt. will reach out to construction workers to inform them various welfare schemes. Delhi govt. wants to connect unorganized sector workers with the relevant govt. schemes and ensure that no worker is left out of any programmes.
How to Apply Online for Shramik Mitra Scheme
Shramik Mitras enrolled under Delhi Shramik Mitra Scheme will inform construction workers registered by the Construction Board at the ward level about assistance schemes of the government. These Shramik Mitras will help construction workers in making registration for various welfare schemes.
Delhi Govt. Schemes for Construction Workers
The Delhi government provides the following assistance to construction workers:-
- House Construction Assistance to Unorganized labourers – Rs. 3 to Rs. 5 lakh
- Maternity Benefit to pregnant construction workers – Rs. 30,000
- Grant for Purchase of Tools – Rs. 5000
- Grant on Natural Death of Workers – Rs. 1 lakh
- Loan to Construction Workers – Rs. 20,000
- Grant on Accidental Death of Workers – Rs. 2 lakh
- Grant In case of disability – Rs. 1 lakh
- Monthly Pension – Rs. 3000 per month
- Assistance for School Education of children – Rs. 500 per month
- Assistance for Higher Education of children – upto Rs. 10,000 per month
- Marriage of workers and their children – Rs. 35,000
Around six lakh construction workers in Delhi have registered themselves with the Construction Board through various registration campuses started by the Kejriwal government.