Ministry of Communications, Government of India has launched Deen Dayal SPARSH (Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby) Yojana Scholarship Scheme all over the country. This is a Pan India scholarship scheme for those school children who have interest in philately. The objective of this scheme is to increase the reach of school children for philately.
Under Deen Dayal SPARSH scheme, Ministry of communications has proposed to award annual scholarships to children. The students of standard VI to IX will be covered under the scheme. However, the scheme benefits only available to the students who are having good academic records and also pursuing Philately as a hobby. This scheme is being implemented by Department of Post under Ministry of Communications.
Under SPARSH scheme, a total of 920 award scholarships to students pursuing Philately as a hobby will be given. As per the notice, a competitive selection process will be held in every postal circle (state) to provide a maximum of 40 scholarships representing 10 students each from Standard VI, VII, VIII & IX. The total amount of scholarship will be Rs. 6000/- per annum @ Rs. 500/- per month.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Selection Process
- The execution department of the scheme will publish the notification to circle-wise enroll students under the scheme.
- The department will provide the list of topics for projects while issuing the notification of the scheme.
- Subsequently, the authority will conduct a circle – wise quiz contest of philately & performance. The performance of quiz will evaluate the eligibility of the student.
- The department will form a committee at circle level which will consist of postal officials and renowned philatelists. This committee will evaluate the project work on philately submitted by the students.
Detailed benefits of Sparsh Yojana can be found on the below link:
Eligibility Criteria for Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana
Interested student can read the eligibility criteria to avail the scheme below:-
- The student should be studying in recognized school within India.
- The student will be selected only from the school which have a Philately Club and the student should have to be a member of that Club.
- However, if school does not have a Philately Club then a student having his personal Philately deposit account will also be considered.
- The student should have secured minimum 60% marks in the final year examination and in addition, 5% relaxation will be given to the student belonging to SC /ST community.
Moreover, the every prospective school which is participating in the competition would be assigned a Philately mentor to be chosen from the renowned Philatelists. These selected philately mentors will help in the formation of the School level Philately Club.
In addition, they would also be providing guidance to young and aspiring Philatelists. They will also guide on how to pursue the hobby and helping the aspiring Philatelists on their Philately Projects etc.
The interested candidates can download guidelines of the scheme by clicking on below link.
Download Sparsh Guidelines
The information in the guidelines PDF document is available in both English and Hindi language.