Karnataka Driver Scheme 2023 has been launched by the state government. Citizens can know how to check Seva Sindhu status, apply online process and other details. In this article, we will give you all the information about the Karnataka Driver Scheme like who are eligible beneficiaries, list of documents required etc. Read the article till the end to get updated knowledge about the scheme.
What is Karnataka Driver Scheme 2023
Karnataka Driver scheme was launched by former Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa and is still continued in the Basavaraj Bommai govt. to provide assistance to drivers of taxi, cab and auto rickshaws. To avail assistance, eligible beneficiaries will have to perform Karnataka Driver Scheme online registration and then each beneficiary will get Rs. 5000 assistance. The major objective of Drivers Scheme is to help people who are in great need of the money and whose business have been hit badly after COVID-19 crisis.
Only those drivers who are residents of Karnataka can get benefits of Karnataka Relief Package. The benefits offered by Karnataka Driver Scheme are only for those who are doing driving business in the state. Along with the drivers, other people will also be provided money through this scheme. Please read out this article carefully to get explanation about the scheme below.
Track Your Application Status for Autodrivers Welfare Scheme (Auto / Taxi and Maxi Cab)
STEP 1: Firstly visit the direct link at https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/DBTStatus/TrackStatus
STEP 2: Select the scheme name as “Autodrivers Welfare Scheme (Auto / Taxi and Maxicab)” as shown below:-
STEP 3: Then enter your aadhar number and click at “Submit” button to track Karnataka Auto / Taxi / Cab / Maxi driver scheme application status.
How to Apply to Karnataka Driver Scheme
In this package, a new scheme namely Karnataka Rupees 5000 Scheme would be launched for auto, taxi, cab drivers as well as for barbers (Nai) and Washermen (Dhobis). People would be able to apply online for Rs. 5,000 scheme at the official website.
- To apply for this scheme, first, click on http://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/
- After clicking, the home page will open on your screen.
- On the home page, you have to click on the option for “Disbursement of cash Relief of Auto-Rikshaw Driver and Taxi Driver for covid-19“.
- After clicking, the next page will open, in which the driver registration form will open.
- You have to fill the form and fill in all the details correctly.
- After filling it, click on submit and take out a hard copy of the application form.
If you want to ask anything about the Karnataka Driver Scheme, you can message us in the comment section and we will definitely reply to your comment.
Official Website – https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/Sevasindhu/Kannada?ReturnUrl=%2F
Download the COVID-19 Lockdown Distress Relief Package Notification PDF –
Eligible Beneficiaries for Karnataka Driver Scheme
The major beneficiaries who will get an opportunity to benefit from Karnataka Driver scheme are as follows:-
- Auto Rickshaw Driver
- Flower growers
- Washermen (Dhobi)
- Taxi driver
- Cab driver
- Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Handloom Weavers
- Building Workers
Each of the beneficiary of Karnataka Rs. 5,000 Scheme has to apply to avail financial assistance amid COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. This Karnataka Rupees 5000 Scheme will benefit around 60,000 washermen (dhobis), 2,30,000 barbers (nai) and 7,75,000 auto, taxi and cab drivers.
List of Documents Required for Karnataka Driver Scheme
In order to take advantage of Karnataka Driver Scheme, the complete list of documents is given below, please read it carefully:-
- Aadhar card
- Voter Id card
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Driving License
- Passport size photo
- Residence certificate
- Registered transport driver proof
Benefits of the Karnataka Driver Scheme
The following benefits will be provided to you through Karnataka Driver Scheme, which are as follows:-
- Through Karnataka Driver Scheme, only the drivers are benefited, who have registered driving license.
- All cab driver, auto driver, and taxi driver will be given a total of Rs. 5000 under Karnataka Driver Scheme.
- A total of 2.10 lakh drivers in the state will be given benefit under Karnataka Driver Scheme.
- The government has fixed Rs. 5000 for construction workers who have registered themselves under the KT Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
An Overview of Karnataka Rs. 5,000 Scheme
Here is an overview of the state govt’s new scheme to benefit people amid COVID-19 pandemic outbreak:-
|Name of Scheme||Driver Yojana|
|Assistance Amount||Rs. 5,000|
|Beneficiaries||Auto-rickshaw, taxi and cab drivers|
|Mode of Application||Online / Offline|
|Announced by||Former CM Y S Yediyurappa|
|Launch Date||6 May 2020|
|Number of Beneficiaries||60,000 washermen, 2,30,000 barbers and 7,75,000 auto, taxi and cab drivers|
For more details, visit the official website at https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/Sevasindhu/Kannada?ReturnUrl=%2F