Check WB Student Internship Scheme Eligibility, Apply Online Process: West Bengal government has announced to launch WB Student Internship Scheme 2023. Under this scheme, the state govt. is going to hire 6000 graduate students as interns to work in various government departments. For the work being done, each intern will get Rs. 5,000 as monthly allowance. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the WB Student Internship Scheme including eligibility criteria, how to apply process among others.
WB Student Internship Scheme 2023 Details
West Bengal government is going to to recruit 6,000 interns for various government postings in the state from 2022. Existing students can apply as well but they will have to obtain a “No-Objection Certificate (NOC)” from their respective institutes. The state govt. plans to absorb 6,000 interns every year and will pay them Rs. 5000 per month as stipend. WB govt. in association with the higher education department will introduce this student internship scheme for graduates.
Eligibility Criteria for WB Student Internship Scheme
- Applicants shall be a resident of West Bengal state.
- He / She must be less than 40 years of age.
- Applicants must be a graduate with 60% marks in their final year (degree or diploma programmes). WB Student Internship Scheme also includes those candidates who passed out from ITI or polytechnic institutes in the state.
- Existing students can apply as well but they will have to obtain a “no- objection certificate” from their respective institutes.
Salient Features of WB Student Internship Scheme
Here are the most important features and highlights of WB Student Internship Scheme 2023:-
- The government plans to absorb 6,000 interns every year under WB Student Internship Scheme.
- WB govt. will pay Rs. 5000 per month as stipend to each intern.
- The internship will last for one year duration and each student will be reviewed at the end of their tenure.
- Certificates will be handed out to each intern who worked for 1 year under Student Training Scheme.
- To make the application process simpler, the government is also going to launch a website soon.
- All the applicants will be chosen by a selection committee.
- The West Bengal government has also informed various institutes that once the NOC has been issued, they will not entertain any complaints regarding any negative effect on the intern’s ongoing education.
- Interns will be placed at various state government offices, including zillas and parishads, and the posting will be close to the applicant’s location.
Announcement of WB Student Internship Scheme
The West Bengal government will hire graduate students as interns and offer them an opportunity to contribute to various government offices while studying, said CM Mamata Banerjee. WB Student Internship Scheme has got approval in the cabinet meeting held on 31 January 2022. CM Banerjee said the scheme would allow graduate students to gain experience and help them bag government and private jobs in the future. The government plans to hire 6,000 interns under the scheme.
CM Mamata Banerjee Specifying Conditions for Student Internship
The CM said that to be eligible, the applicants must be residents of West Bengal and have an undergraduate degree with at least 60 per cent marks. Students of Polytechnic, ITI or an equivalent course will also be considered. “The applicant should not be older than 40 years of age while applying. They will be introduced to government schemes and will learn about social work for the future,” she added. Banerjee also said that the interns would be given a monthly allowance of Rs 5,000.
She also mentioned that “Those who do a good job for one year will be asked to continue the next year. Those who do not get a chance in one year, will be given a chance in the next year. At the end of the internship, the interns will be given a certificate”.
How to Apply Online for WB Student Internship Scheme
Interested applicants can apply for the internships online at the dedicated website which is to be launched soon. The selected candidates will be posted in offices of the government, government-acquired agencies, block offices, sub-division offices and district-level offices. The Chief Minister said that the interns will be hired by a selection board which will be headed by the Chief Secretary. “This project will be run in coordination with the state education department,” CM said.