West Bengal govt. is inviting WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme online registration form at www.wbkanyashree.gov.in. The state govt. has started Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2023 to improve the life and the status of the girls. This is done by helping economically backward families with cash so that families do not arrange the marriage of their girl child before eighteen years because of economic problem. In this article, we will tell you about the process of how to apply online Kanyashree Yojna, make login and track application status.
West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2023
The purpose of West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana is to uplift those girls who are from poor families and thus can’t pursue higher studies due to tough economic conditions. It has been given international recognition by the United Nations Department of International Development and the UNICEF. The scheme has two components: first is Annual scholarship of Rs. 1000 and second is One time grant of Rs. 25,000.
The annual scholarship is for unmarried girls aged 13–18 years enrolled in class 8th to 12th in government recognized regular or equivalent open school or vocational / technical training courses. Recently the bar of income is withdrawn by West Bengal government. Now every girl can apply for that Kanya Prakalpa Scheme.
Who can Apply For Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojna 2023
Any unmarried girl between 13 to 19 years of age may be a Kanyashree beneficiary, if she is a resident of West Bengal and continuing her study in any institution recognized by our state.
Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme Online Registration Form / Intra Login
Below is the complete process to fill Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme online registration form 2023 and make intra login:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website at https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_4.0/index.php
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at the “Intra-Login” tab and then click at “2019-20 onwards” link or directly click https://admin.wbkanyashree.gov.in/admin/login/
STEP 3: Then the Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana online registration form and login page will appear as shown below:-
West Bengal Govt Schemes 2023Popular Schemes in West Bengal:Krishak Bandhu YojanaKarma Sathi Prakalpa SchemeYuvasree Scheme
STEP 4: Only admin can make login, so eligible girls have to apply for this Kanyashree Prakalpa benefit from their institution.
Track Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme Application
Here is the direct link to track the WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana Application – https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_4.0/track_application.php
The page to track Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme application will appear as shown below:-
Here applicants can enter the year, type of scheme, applicant ID, date of birth and click at the “Submit” button.
List of Documents Required for WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2023
Here is the complete list of supporting documents required for Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme:-
- Photo-copy of Voter ID Card of parent / legal guardian
- Photo-copy of Birth Certificate issued by the appropriate authority
- Declaration of marital status of applicant (to be made by the parent / legal guardian if the applicant is under 18 years of age, and by applicant herself, if she is over age 18).
- Photocopy of page of Bank Passbook which provides bank account holders details
- Photo copy of Certificate of Disability issued by the appropriate authority, if the applicant has attained 13 years, but has a disability of 40% or more and has not reached Class 8th.
- Coloured passport size photographs of the applicant preferably in white background
What are Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme Components
The scheme has two components: Annual Incentive (K1) and One-Time Grant (K2) which are as follows:-
- K1 – Unmarried girls studying in class 8th or above or aged between 13 to 18 years are eligible for K1.
- K2 – Unmarried girls studying in class VIII or above and aged between 18 to 19 years are eligible for K2.
In order to available the benefits of 2 components of Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme, the girl should have a bank account in her name.
What Type of Assistance/ Benefits are Given in Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana
- Annual Scholarship (K1): Rs. 1000
- One-Time Grant (K2): Rs. 25,000/-
How will She Get the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme Benefit
Block is the verifying authority and district is the sanctioning and disbursing authority. Benefit directly goes to the bank account of the beneficiary. It is totally an online process and operated through the Kanyashree portal www.wbkanyashree.gov.in
Objectives of WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana 2023
Kanyashree Prakalpa seeks to improve the status and wellbeing of girls, specifically those from socio-economically disadvantaged families through Conditional Cash Transfers by:-
- Incentivizing them to continue in education for a longer period of time, and complete secondary or higher secondary education, or equivalent in technical or vocational steams, thereby giving them a better footing in both the economic and social spheres.
- Disincentivising marriage till at least the age of 18, the legal age of marriage, thereby reducing the risks of early pregnancies, associated risks of maternal and child mortality, and other debilitating health conditions, including those of malnutrition.
- It was also decided that the Scheme should confer more than just monetary support; it should be a means of financial inclusion and a tool of empowerment for adolescent girls. The schemes benefits are therefore paid directly to bank accounts in the girls names, leaving the decision of utilization of the money in their hands.
- To reinforce the positive impact of increased education and delayed marriages, the scheme also works to enhance the social power and self-esteem of girls through a targeted behaviour change communication strategy. The communication strategy not only builds awareness of the scheme, but includes adolescent-friendly approaches like events, competitions and Kanyashree clubs, and the endorsement of strong women figures as role models to promote social and psychological empowerment.
As more and more girls remain in school, it is envisaged that they will use the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge that will help them become economically independent. Even if girls do get married soon after they turn 18, it is expected that their education and enhanced social and emotional development will give them a better foundation for in their adult lives.
And over time, as entire generations of women enter marriages only after they have some degree of economic independence, it is expected that the practice of child marriage is completely eradicated, and women will attain their right to health, education and socio-economic equality. Check Official Website at https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_scheme.php
WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojna Family Income Ceiling
WB govt. has increased the scope and coverage of women welfare scheme named Kanyashree Pakalpa Yojna. Now, the ceiling of Annual Family Income of the beneficiaries has been lifted. This flagship scheme of the Bengal govt. offers incentive to all the unmarried girls above the age of 13 years. These incentives will ensure that girls stay in schools and delay their marriage till the age of 18 years. Also Kanyashree University is going to be setup in the state.
This lifting of Annual Family Income Ceiling and extension of coverage of Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojna will cost the state exchequer an additional Rs. 200 crore. This announcement is made by the CM of West Bengal, Smt. Mamata Banerjee. The total annual expenditure which the state govt. has incurred was Rs. 1200 crore for the previous fiscal year. Check Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme PDF – https://wb.gov.in/duare_sarkar/Kanyashree.pdf
Check Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana Application Status
Here is the direct link to check the WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme Application Status – https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_track_status.php
The page to track Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana application status will appear as shown below:-
Here applicants can enter year, type of scheme, applicant ID, date of birth and click at the “Submit” button to track Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme application status. This is alternate method to track the Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana application status.
Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme Background
Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojna is a flagship scheme of the WB government. This scheme was launched in FY 2013 in order to prevent child marriage particularly in economically weaker sections. Previously, only those beneficiaries whose annual family income from all sources was less than or equal to Rs. 1.2 lakh. Now this annual family income ceiling has been lifted.
All the successful applicants b/w 13 to 18 years of age will get scholarship amount of Rs. 1,000 per year. They will also get one-time grant of Rs. 25,000 after attaining the age of 18 years and on remaining unmarried till that period. This scheme is now open to anyone and everyone with no restriction on the family earning.
Latest Announcement about Kanyashree Prakalpa by CM Mamata Banerjee
Smt. Mamata Banerjee said in a statement – “I am lifting the ceiling today. Everyone will stand to get the Kanyashree benefit. This will cost my government an additional Rs 200 crore but I know that they (the beneficiaries) will bring back Rs two lakh crore by preserving their respect”. Till date, there are around 50 lakh unique beneficiaries under Kanyashree Yojna.
Kanyashree Corner – https://www.wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_4.0/kp_corner/
WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana App Download
Here is the direct link to download WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana app from google play store for all android smartphone users – https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_4.0/kp_app_download.php
Setting Up of Kanyashree University
This is the dream project of CM Mamata Banerjee to setup “Kanyashree University” to ensure higher education for the girl child. In this new institution, all the Kanyashree Prakalpa beneficiaries will be granted assured admissions. Women & Child Development and Social Welfare Department will setup this Kanyashree University.
Govt. will also ensure that technical education and training department will impart special skill training to the girls. This will enable them to appear for the placement drive and secure good jobs. UN has also awarded 1st place to the WB state for its public services for its Kanyashree Scheme. For Kanyashree Background, click the link – https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_home.php
3 thoughts on “[Apply] WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2023 Online Registration Form / Login / Application Status at www.wbkanyashree.gov.in”
Lower middle class jara somaje dariye to achhy kintu income label khubi kom ,tar upar education, medicine, jinish potrer ja dam…….tader family member der jonno ki kichu scheam achhy……..jodi thake ba korechen tobe nishchoi janaben……..amar bhishon proyojon…🙏
I am 18 years old and I am giving isc 2021 so can I apply for konyasree
I am 20 yr old i did not know about kanyashree yojna can I able to apply now