WB Student Credit Card Portal launched and can be accessed through the link wbscc.wb.gov.in. Know how to make registration & apply online for West Bengal Student Credit Card Yojana 2023: West Bengal government has announced a new WB Student Credit Card Scheme (WBSCC) 2023 for students. This scheme aims to enable students to get soft loans upto Rs. 10 lakh for higher studies. In this scheme, one person would be eligible till 40 years of age and 15 years would be given to a student to repay loan after getting a job.
About WB Student Credit Card Scheme 2023
To make West Bengal’s youth self-reliant, a new scheme namely Student Credit Card Yojana is launched. In this scheme, all the eligible students will get Student Credit Cards with credit limit up to Rs. 10 lakh at an interest rate of 4%. WB Student Credit Card Scheme is a part of “Arthik Shujog, Shobol Jubo” initiative.
The Student Credit Card Scheme is designed to support students who want to pursue secondary, higher secondary, undergraduate and postgraduate studies. These include professional degrees and other equivalent courses in any school, madrasa, college, university or other affiliated institutes in and outside India. Students studying in various coaching institutions can also avail themselves of a loan to appear in competitive examinations such as engineering, medical, law and civil services examinations.
Through Student Credit Cards, students pursuing higher education – under-graduation and post-graduation, shall be eligible to receive credit up to ₹10 Lakh at a subsidized rate of 4%. Unlike a loan that is drawn as a lump sum, a Student Credit Card will provide money to students on demand at their convenience benefiting more than 1.5 crore students over the next 5 years.
Bengal Cabinet Nod to Student Credit Card Yojana
CM Mamata Banerjee led WB state govt. estimated that 1.5 crore beneficiaries will be included in the “West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme”. SCC Scheme promises student credit cards having credit limit of upto Rs. 10,00,000 for higher studies. The West Bengal Student Credit Card Yojana was promised by chief minister Mamata Banerjee before recent Assembly elections.
The first thing govt. have to do is to register the beneficiaries of the West Bengal SCC Scheme. It has been assessed that the scheme will have a total of 1.5 crore beneficiaries.
WB Student Credit Card Portal Registration & Login
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website at https://banglaruchchashiksha.wb.gov.in/
STEP 2: At the homepage of banglaruchchashiksha.wbgov.in, click at the “Student Credit Card” link as shown here:-
STEP 3: It would open the new WB Student Credit Card Yojana Portal at https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/
STEP 4: At this WB Student Credit Card Scheme portal, click at the “Student Registration” link or directly click https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/Applicant_Registration as shown below:-
STEP 5: After making registration, applicants can click at “Student Login” link to make WB Student Credit Card Login or directly click https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/Applicant_Login:-
STEP 6: After making login, applicants can proceed to fill WB Student Credit Card Yojana application form and complete the apply online process.
Check PDF to know How to Apply online for WB Student Credit Card Scheme (Training Manual for Students) – https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/assets/StudentManual.pdf
WB Student Credit Card Download
Government of West Bengal has introduced the Student Credit Card Scheme for the students of West Bengal to enable them to pursue education without having any financial constraints. This scheme is designed to support the students to pursue secondary, higher secondary, madrasah, undergraduate and post graduate studies including professional degree and other equivalent courses in any School, Madrasah, College, University and other affiliated institutes within and outside India.
Students studying in various coaching institutions for appearing in different competitive examinations like Engineering, Medical, Law, IAS, IPS, WBCS etc, can also avail the loan under this scheme. A student from West Bengal can obtain a maximum loan of Rs. 10 lakhs @ 4% per annum simple interest from the State Cooperative Bank and its affiliated Central Cooperative Banks and District Central Cooperative Banks and Public/ Private Sector Banks. 1% interest concession will be provided to borrower if the interest is fully serviced during the study period.
The upper age limit for the interested students has been kept as 40 (forty) years at the time of applying for loan. The repayment period shall be fifteen (15) years for any loan availed under this Credit Card including the Moratorium/ repayment holiday. For details kindly go through the Scheme given in this portal.
Eligibility of West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
Here is the complete eligibility criteria to become eligible for West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme:-
- Applicant must have spent 10 years in West Bengal state.
- Loans would be eligible for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral study in India or abroad.
- One person is eligible for the scheme till 40 years of age.
- Fifteen years will be given to a student to repay the loan after getting a job.
Students can avail soft loans from State Cooperative Bank, its affiliated Central Cooperative Banks, District Central Cooperative Banks and public/ private sector banks.
Implementation of WB Student Credit Card Scheme
The financial condition does not allow the West Bengal state govt. to make the West Bengal SCC Scheme universal. WB state govt. just cannot bring all students in the state under the Student Credit Card Yojana as it will push the financial burden. To ensure the smooth implementation of the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme, government was considering the insertion of an eligibility criterion for students to avail themselves of the soft loans.
The state government might be forced to cut down allotment of some departments to raise funds for the WB Student Credit Cards scheme. It is not possible to cut down departmental allocations heavily. So, the state is looking to arrange for funds for the scheme from some other sources too.
Database of Beneficiaries in WBSCC Scheme
The WB govt. already has a database of some eligible beneficiaries, which can be readily used to launch the SCC scheme. For example, the state has detailed data of students in govt. schools and colleges. These beneficiaries can be brought under the direct benefit transfer scheme immediately. For the remaining families, the government could seek applications.
WB Student Credit Card Scheme would definitely boost the education as a large portion of the fund allocation would be pumped into the beneficiaries bank accounts every year.
WB Student Credit Card Documents List
- Your colour photograph
- A colour photograph of your co-applicant / co-borrower
- Aadhar card
- Class X board registration certificate (in absence of Aadhaar)
- Guardian’s address proof
- Admission receipt
- Your PAN Card / undertaking if there is no PAN Card
- Guardian’s PAN Card / undertaking if there is no PAN Card
- Relevant page of the institute’s brochure / document with details of fees
WB Student Credit Card Scheme Expenses Covered
- Fees to be paid to school / madrasa / college / university / professional institutes and competitive coaching institutes or for entrance examinations.
- Fees for accommodation in a hostel or as paying guest.
- Any deposit to be paid to the institution, library and laboratory.
- Cost of buying books, digital device and equipment.
- Other course-related expenses such as study tours, project work, thesis submission.
The WB government has asked authorities of schools, colleges and universities to organise camps every Monday to promote the credit card scheme. The state govt. has also directed the education department to send a report on the number of students coming to these facilities.
According to reports, over 1,20,000 applications have been submitted under the programme till 14 December 2021. Out of these, around 50,000 have been sent to banks for approval. Banks have so far accepted around 6,000 applications. Some applications were rejected and returned to the district administrations. Chief secretary H K Dwivedi has already directed officials to set up a committee in each district to deal with the issue of loan denial.
Overview of West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
|Name of Scheme||WB Student Credit Card Scheme|
|Applicable Year||2021, 2022, 2023 and so on|
|Who are Eligible Beneficiaries||Students who wants to pursue higher studies|
|Beneficiaries Count||1.5 crore|
|Type of Scheme||Soft Loans through Student Credit Cards|
|Launch Date||30 June 2021|
|Loan Amount||upto Rs. 10 lakh|
|Applicable Courses||Under graduate (UG), Post graduate (PG), doctoral and post-doctoral study|
|Age Limit||40 years|
|Repayment Time||15 years after getting job|
|Registration / Apply Process||wbscc.wb.gov.in|
WB Student Credit Card Scheme Helpline Number / E-mail ID
West Bengal govt. has announced a dedicated helpline number and an e-mail id, to ensure that those seeking loans under the Student Credit Card scheme are not inconvenienced. Officials of the concerned department hold regular meetings to facilitate eligible student applicants in getting collateral security free loans up to Rs 10 lakh. An eligible candidate from 10 grade to the post-doctoral level can avail this credit scheme. The loans are repayable in 15 years at a low interest rate.
Student Credit Card Scheme in Didir 10 Ongikar of TMC Manifesto
Ojosro sujog, somridhho Bangla
- Fifth largest economy with GDP size of ₹12.5 Lakh Crore and annual per capita income of more than ₹2.5 Lakh
- 35 lakh people uplifted to reduce people below poverty line to 5% from 20% in 2011
- 5 Lakh new jobs per year to be created to halve the unemployment rate
Proti poribarke, nyunotomo mashik aay
A new scheme namely Laxmi Bhandar to ensure monthly Basic Income support to female heads of 1.6 Crore households of Bengal- monthly ₹500 to families of General Category (Yearly ₹6,000) and ₹1,000 to families of SC/ST (Yearly ₹12,000)
Arthik sujog, shobol jubo
To make Bengal’s youth self-reliant, a new West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme for all eligible students would be launched. Student Credit Cards with credit limit up to ₹10 lakh at an interest rate of 4% would be provided.
Banglay shobar, nishchit ahar
- New facility under Khadya Sathi – No need to go to the ration shop anymore. Free doorstep delivery of monthly ration to 1.5 crore households
- 75 Crore subsidised meals at ₹5 per meal through 2,500 ‘Maa’ Canteens across 50 cities
Bordhito utpadon, sukhi krishok
- ₹10,000 per acre support to be provided to 68 lakh small and marginal farmers every year under the Krishak Bandhu Scheme
- To be the number 1 State in Net Sown Area and Cropping Intensity by adding 3 lakh hectares of cultivable land and converting 4.5 lakh hectares to double cropping system respectively
- To be in top 5 States in productivity for food grains and four cash crops – Tea, Jute, Potato and Tobacco
- Additional 10 lakh MSMEs to be added every year to increase the total number of functional MSME units to 1.5 cr
- 2,000 big industrial units to be added to the existing base of 10,000 units in the next 5 years
- ₹5 lakh crore of new investments in the next 5 years
Unnototoro swasthya byabostha, sushtho Bangla
- Double the spending on Health from 0.83% to 1.5% of the State GDP
- Medical College-cum-Super Speciality Hospital in all 23 district headquarters
- Double the number of seats for – doctors, nurses, and paramedics
Egiye rakhte, shikkhito Bangla
- Increase the spending on Education from 2.7% to 4% of the state GDP
- Each block to have at least one Model Residential School
- Double the number of seats for teachers’ training
Shobai pai, matha gonjar thaai
- 5 lakh additional low cost houses to be built under Banglar Bari Scheme in urban habitations to reduce slum population from 7% to 3.65%
- 25 lakh additional low cost houses to be built under Bangla Awas Yojana in rural areas and reduce kutcha houses to less than 1%
Proti ghore bidyut, sodok, jol
- Piped drinking water facility to be provided to additional 47 Lakh households to ensure 100% coverage; up from 26%
- 24×7 electricity at affordable rates to all households
- Every rural household to be connected with all-weather roads, a functional drainage system and piped drinking water
Source / Reference Link for TMC Manifesto: https://aitcofficial.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/tmc-manifesto-eng-1.pdf
Toll Free Number: 1800-102-8014
Email ID: [email protected]
Administrator Login – https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/Login
More details about the WB Student Credit Card Yojana at https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/About