West Bengal government invites WB Jai Bangla Pension Scheme 2021 online registration at jaibanglawb.gov.in. People can now download Joy Bangla Pension Scheme application form PDF to apply for new scheme. The official website is now functional and all the interested candidates now apply online or offline for Jai Bangla Pension Yojana. In this article, we will describe the amount of pension, eligibility criteria, list of documents and complete details about the scheme.
WB Jai Bangla Pension Scheme 2021 Online Registration
WB Jai Bangla Pension Scheme 2021 online registration are invited at the official website to avail social security benefits. Jai Bangla Pension is an umbrella scheme in which several pension schemes are merged. It includes merger of earlier schemes namely Old Age Pension Scheme, Widow Pension, Farmer’s pension along with new schemes like Jai Johar for ST and Taposili Bandhu for SC category. The official website for WB Joy Bangla Pension Yojana can be accessed using the link – https://jaibangla.wb.gov.in/login
The homepage of the official website which can used for WB Jai Bangla Pension Scheme Online Registration will appear as shown below:-
Amount under Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
The new Joy Bangla Pension Scheme is intended to replace all the existing pension schemes into an umbrella scheme. The amount under newly launched Jai Bangla Pension Scheme is uniform i.e each of its beneficiaries will get Rs. 1,000 per month. Now we will tell you how to download its application form PDF.
WB Jai Bangla Pension Scheme Application Form PDF Download
Below is the complete procedure to download WB Jai Bangla Pension Scheme application form PDF:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website at https://www.malda.gov.in/forms/160320
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at Jai Bangla Pension Scheme Application Form link as shown here:-
STEP 3: Here people can click at the “Jai Bangla Pension Scheme Application Form” link in front of “Form PDF” or directly click this link to open the Jai Bangla Pension Scheme Application Form PDF as below:-
STEP 4: People can simply download this WB Jai Bangla Pension Scheme Application Form PDF download and can take a printout of the same.
Then applicants can fill this Joy Bangla Pension Scheme form PDF and submit it to the concerned authorities to start receiving pension amount.
In this form, people can select the type of application for such as Taposili Bandhu (for SC), Jai Johar (for ST), Manabik, Old Age Pension, Widow Pension, Farmers Old Age Pension, Old Age pension for fishermen, artisans, handloom weavers and even lok prasar prakalpa. Read the article below to know where you can submit this completed application.
New Old Age Pension Schemes for SC / ST Category – Complete Details
The two new pension schemes being introduced under the Jai Bangla Pension Scheme 2021 are Tapasili Bandhu for Scheduled Caste (SC) and Jai Johar for Scheduled Tribe (ST). The guidelines for the 2 new schemes are as follows:-
West Bengal Taposili Bandhu / Jai Johar Pension Schemes
The West Bengal state govt. has decided to introduce 2 new old age pension schemes namely Taposili Bandhu Pension Scheme for Scheduled Caste (SC) and Jai Johar Pension Scheme for Scheduled Tribe (ST). The state govt. has also decided to enhance the pension given under the existing Old Age, Widow and Disability pension schemes where monthly pension is Rs. 600 to Rs. 750 to Rs. 1,000 per month.
The state govt. has further decided to bring all new and existing old age pension schemes, widow pension schemes and disability pension schemes administered by the state govt. under 1 umbrella scheme for pensions namely Jai Bangla Pension Scheme 2021.
Coverage for Tapasili Bandhu (SC) / Jai Johar (ST) Pension Schemes
- For Tapasili Bandhu, applicant must belong to SC category while for Jai Johar, applicant must belong to ST category.
- To avail benefits of both Taposili Badhu & Jai Johar Pension Schemes, applicant must be above 60 years of age.
All SC and ST persons who are eligible under the Jai Bangala Pension Scheme shall receive a pension of Rs. 1000 per month.
Taposili Bandhu & Jai Johar Apply Form PDF Download
- The Taposili Bandhu Scheme shall apply to a person belonging to the Scheduled Caste.
- The Jai Johar Scheme shall apply to a person belonging to the Scheduled Tribe.
To avail benefits of any of the 2 pension schemes, applicants must fill Jai Bangla Pension Scheme Apply Form PDF.
Eligibility Criteria for Taposili Bandhu / Jai Johar Scheme
- The person has attained the age of 60 years as on 1 January 2021.
- Person is an ordinary resident of the state.
- The persons is not a beneficiary under any other social security pension scheme or a recipient of government pension or pension from any other organization.
How to Apply Online for SC / ST Pension Schemes in West Bengal
The intended beneficiary under the scheme shall apply in the pension application form for Jai Bangla Pension Scheme prescribed for the purpose either on-line (www.jaibangla.wb.gov.in) or through physical application. The pension application form may be obtained free of cost from the following offices:
- Office of the Block Development Officer in case the applicant resides in rural areas.
- Office of the Sub-Divisional officer in case the applicant resides in Municipal / Notified areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation and
- Office of the Commissioner, Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Where to Submit Tapasili Bandhu / Jai Johar Scheme Form PDF
Tapasili Bandhu / Jai Johar Application Form for Pension shall be submitted to:-
- The Block Development Officer in case the applicant resides in rural areas.
- The Sub-Divisional officer in case the applicant resides in Municipal / Notified areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation and
- The Commissioner, Kolkata Municipal Corporation in case the applicant resides in KMC area.
Nodal Department for Implementation of SC/ST Pension Schemes
The Taposili Bandhu Scheme shall be administered by the department of Backward Classes Welfare. The Jai Johar Scheme shall be administered by the department of tribal development.
Verification of Taposili Bandhu / Jai Johar Pension Application Form PDF
All applications received by the concerned authorities shall be verified by the District Magistrate with respect to the eligibility criteria. 2 supporting documents, one for age and other for caste status is to be collected. Persons who do not have caste certificate can apply but before sanction they have to provide caste certificate to BDO / SDO / Commissioner, the details of which will be uploaded by the concerned office.
Processing of Jai Johar / Tapasili Nadhu Application Form
The application forms in prescribed format in respect of all applicants would be duly verified by the BDO / SDO or commissioner of KMC to ensure eligibility under the scheme. All the eligible forms deposited physically shall be digitized and uploaded in the state portal (www.jaibangla.wb.gov.in) by the BDO / SDO or commissioner of KMC.
- The BDO in case of rural areas and SDO in case of municipal / notified areas outside KMC area.
- The BDO in case of rural areas and SDO in case of municipal / notified areas outside KMC will recommend the names of eligible persons in digitized form to district magistrate through state portal. The district magistrate will then forward it to the Nodal department i.e Backward Classes Welfare Department or Tribal Development Department as the case maybe through the state portal.
- The commissioner, KMC will recommend the names of eligible persons to the Nodal department directly through the state portal.
The nodal department will sanction the pension and effect pension directly to the bank account of the beneficiary through the WBIFMS portal. The state portal www.jaibangla.wb.gov.in will be integrated with WBIFMS for seamless flow of disbursement of pension on 1st of every month.
Payment of Pension Amount
The payment of pension shall be made centrally from WB state government directly to the bank account of the beneficiary.
Information about Death of Pensioner
On receipt of information of death of a recipient of pension and after proper verification of such information, Department shall take steps for stoppage of pension. In case of death of the recipient of the pension, the amount due shall be released to the nominee as indicated in the application form.
Enhancement of Monthly Pension of Existing Schemes in New Joy Bangla Pension
The state government at present implements a number of social security pension schemes, namely
- Old age, widow and disability pension and manabik under the Women & Child Development department (Rs. 750 p.m);
- Old Age, Widow and Disability Pension Schemes under the Panchayat and Rural Development and Urban Development & Municipal Affairs Departments (Rs. 600 p.m);
- Farmers Old Age pension under the agriculture department (Rs. 1,000 p.m);
- Old age pension for ST persons under the Tribal Development Department (Rs. 1,000 p.m);
- Fisherman Old Age Pension under the Fisheries department (Rs. 1,000 p.m);
- Artisan and Weaver Old Age Pension under the MSME&T Department (Rs. 1,000 p.m);
- Lok Prasar Prakalpa under the I&CA Department (Rs. 1,000 p.m);
The state government has now decided to increase the monthly pension to uniform rate of Rs. 1000 per month, in case of schemes where benefit is Rs. 600 or Rs. 750 per month.
Merging of Old Pension Schemes in WB Jai Bangla Pension Scheme
The state government has further decided to merge the disability pension scheme administered by the Women & Child Development Department with Manabik Scheme and the Old Age Pension Scheme of the Tribal Development Department with the Jai Johar Scheme. The Jai Bangla Pension Scheme 2021 shall now cover the following pension schemes:
- Taposili Bandhu
- Jai Johar
- Lok Prasar Prakalpa
- Old Age, and Widow Pension Scheme (W&CD)
- Old Age, and Widow Pension Scheme (P&RD, UD&MA)
- Farmers Old Age Pension
- Fisherman’s Old Age Pension
- Artisan and Weaver Old Age Pension
- Management of the Scheme
The finance department will setup and manage the state portal www.jaibangla.wb.gov.in and ensure the effective management and timely management of the Jai Bangla Scheme.
For the existing pension schemes of Manabik, Old Age, and Widow Pension Schemes (W&CD), Old Age, and Widow Pension Schemes (P&RD, UD&MA), Lok Prasar Prakalpa (I&CA), Farmers Old Age Pension (Agriculture), Fisherman’s Old Age Pension (Fisheries), Artisan and Weaver Old Age Pension (MSME&T), the concerned departments shall continue to act as Nodal department regarding sanction and payment of pension. The Jai Bangla Pension Scheme was effective from 1 April 2020.