Delhi Sarkar Tirth Yatra Online Registration: Delhi govt. is inviting Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana online registration form 2022 at edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in. Under this Delhi Free Tirth Yatra Yojana, the state govt. will provide free pilgrimage visits to 77,000 senior citizens in the state. Delhi Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra Yojana online application form filling process start date will be notified soon. In this article, we will tell you about the complete process of how to make registration, check list, eligibility criteria and travel details online.
Any resident of the national capital aged 60 or above can avail the scheme after acquiring a certificate from a local MLA, stating that he lives in the legislator’s constituency. One attendant aged 21 or more can accompany each traveller. The government bears the expenses for the attendant too. The pilgrimage scheme had been halted due to COVID-19, but now it will be resuming. The “Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojna” was approved by the Delhi Cabinet on January 9, 2018. All expenses related to travel, food and accommodation are borne by the Delhi government.
The Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana, under which senior citizens of Delhi can go on pilgrimages at the government’s expense, could not be held in 2020 and 2021 due to the pandemic outbreak. A total of 1,100 residents per assembly constituency can avail this facility in a year subject to the cap of total 77,000 residents per year. Since its formal launch, 38,000 beneficiaries (senior citizens) have travelled under the scheme, the statement added.
Latest Update on Delhi Free Pilgrimage Scheme
As Covid cases are declining across the country, leading to lifting up of restrictions and resumption of normal operations, Delhi government’s “Mukhya Mantri Tirth Yatra Yojna” facilitating free pilgrimage for senior citizens is also set to resume from 14 February 2022. Several trains scheduled for pilgrimage centres at Dwarka, Gujarat and Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu will leave on February 14 and 18.
The free pilgrimage scheme faced several disruptions as it was halted during the second Covid wave, resuming again on December 3, 2021 with a train of pilgrims leaving for Ayodhya. However, it was again halted in January due to a rise in the Covid cases, leading to the cancellation of a train which was scheduled for the Basilica of Our Lady of Health in Tamil Nadu’s Vailankanni on January 7.
Delhi government’s Tirth Yatra Vikas Samiti chairman said that about 11 planned trains to different pilgrim sites were cancelled due to Covid. Previous Pilgrimage Trips which were cancelled would resume now.
Delhi Sarkar Tirth Yatra Yojana 2022 Apply
Delhi Govt Tirth Yatra Online Registration form can be filled through e-district portal and anyone must not submit any manual application. For Delhi Govt Tirth Yatra Yojna, counters of SDM office, office of Tirth Vikas Samiti and MLA offices would serve as facilitation counters. Interested candidates can now apply online for Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana 2022 at the official website for 1st trip to pilgrims.
Delhi Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana Online Registration / Application Form
Below is the complete procedure to apply online for Delhi Free Tirth Yatra Yojana / Senior Citizen Tirth Yatra Scheme 2022:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in
STEP 2: At the homepage, candidates have to click at the “New User” link under ‘Citizen’s Corner’ section or can directly click this link
STEP 3: Afterwards, the Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana Online Registration Form will appear as shown below:-
STEP 4: Candidates needs to enter the details like ID proof and document proof to open the Free Tirth Yatra Scheme Delhi complete registration form (Step 2)
STEP 5: Here candidates can fill the complete details accurately to complete the Senior Citizen Free Teerth Yatra Yojana registration process.
After completion of Delhi CM Tirth Yatra Yojana registration process, candidates can login into their accounts and apply for this service.
Delhi Free Tirth Yatra Yojana Travel Package
Applicants can apply online for free tirath yatra scheme and can avail the following travel packages:-
|1.||Delhi-Mathura-Vrindavan-Agra-Fatehpur Sikri-Delhi||5 days|
|5.||Delhi-Tirupati Balaji-Delhi||7 days|
|6.||Delhi- Jagannath Puri-Konark-Bhubaneswar-Delhi||7 days|
|8.||Delhi-Amritsar-Wagah Border-Anandpur Sahib-Delhi||4 days|
|10.||Delhi-Vaishno Devi-Jammu-Delhi||5 days|
|11.||Delhi-Shirdi-Shani Shinglapur-Triyambakeshwar-Delhi||5 days|
|12.||Delhi-Bodh Gaya-Sarnath-Delhi||6 days|
|14.||Delhi-Vailankanni Church-Delhi||4 days|
|15.||Delhi-Kartarpur Sahib Corridor-Delhi||4 days|
Around 77,000 pilgrims can avail the benefits of Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra Yojana in Delhi and 1,100 pilgrims from each assembly constituency would be selected. All the selected applicants would also be entitled for an accidental insurance coverage of Rs. 1 lakh.
Eligibility Criteria for Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana
- The applicant/spouse must be a resident of the territorial jurisdiction of NCT of Delhi.
- The applicant must have completed 60 years of age (as on 1st January of the year in which the Application for availing the Yojana is submitted)
- The applicant/spouse must NOT be employed with Central/State Government or Local/Autonomous bodies.
- The applicant/spouse must NOT have ever availed the scheme in the past.
- The age of the attendant must be more than 21 years (In case opting for attendant)
Mandatory Documents Required for Delhi Free Pilgrimage Scheme
- Application in the prescribed form along with Self Declaration
- Self-Attested copy of medical certificate mentioning the applicant/Spouse is mentally/physically fit to undertake the proposed journey.
- Self-Attested Copies of Delhi Voter ID Card.(For Applicant/Spouse)
- Self Declaration.
- Copy of Certificate from MLA for residence of his/her constituency or any Minister from GNCT of Delhi or Chairman, Tirath Yaatra Vikas Samiti GNCT of Delhi.
List of Documents to be attached with CM Tirth Yatra Scheme Application Form
- Voter Id card of the Applicant, Spouse and Attendant
- One Passport size Coloured Photograph of the applicant (Size 5cm x 4.5cm Or 2”x1.75”)
- Should include full face, front view and open eyes
- Should be of full head from top of hair to shoulder
- Should be in a plain white or off-white background
- Shouldn’t be shadows on the face or background
- Should have a natural expression (closed mouth)
- Should not include sunglasses or hats
Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana Guidelines PDF
- In case it is found that any applicant/spouse has ever availed the Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana in the past, they will be liable to repay the entire amount incurred for the yatra along with a penalty of 25%.
- Applicant/Spouse above 60 years of age will have a choice to take one attendant with him provided the age of attended must be above 21 years of age.
- Incase travelling with spouse, the facility of only one attendant will be available.
- Incase applicants won’t be able to undertake the pilgrimage, he/she has to provide intimation upto the 07 days before the travel date. Otherwise, he/she shall not be eligible to apply under this scheme again
- The Yatris will not be allowed to take or use any inflammable material or liquor or any intoxicating articles
- Yatris will be fully responsible for his/her jewellary and belongings during the yatra.
- Yatris are expected to behave in a civilized manner as per the requirements of the TirthYatra.
- Yatris are required to follow the instructions of the Liason Officer.
- The Government or the TirthYatra Vikas Samiti will not be responsible for any accident or mis-happening during the journey
The Delhi government bears all the expenses on the pilgrimage, including the travel, food and accommodation charges. Facilities like paramedical staff and attendants are also provided during the journey. One attendant aged 21 or more can accompany each traveller. The government bears the expenses for the attendant too.
Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana Guidelines PDF –
Delhi Govt Tirth Yatra Yojana Conditions List
All the applicants must fulfill the following conditions to apply online for Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra Yojana in Delhi:-
- Applicant must be a permanent resident (citizen) of Delhi.
- He / She must be at-least 60 years of age.
- All the selected senior citizens can take one assistant of 21 years or more with them. Delhi govt. will bear the entire cost of senior citizens along with their assistants.
- Government Officers, Employees and Workers cannot take the benefits of this scheme.
- All the selected candidates will have to make a self certification that all the details entered by them are correct.
- Only those citizens who have not taken the benefit if this scheme earlier are eligible.
- All the selected pilgrims will also get an insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Govt. will use Air Conditioned (AC) buses for travel. Even the food and breakfast will be arranged by the state government.
- Application Forms needs to be submitted online. Application forms will also be filled by the Office of the Divisional Commissioner Office, Office of the concerned MLA or office of pilgrimage committee.
- Lottery Draw is the only technique for the selection of candidates.
- Concerned authorities will verify that the selected beneficiary is from Delhi and other information furnished by him is correct.
After approval in Jan 2018, the Kejriwal government in FY 2019 launched the free pilgrimage scheme under which people aged 60 years and above and their attendants are provided free pilgrimage every year. Initially, there were five pilgrimage sites under the scheme and later, seven more sites were added to it. In 2021, firstly Ayodhya and then Vailankanni Church have been included in this scheme taking the total number of routes covered to 15.
Under this scheme, people over the age of 60 are taken for a pilgrimage free of cost. Senior citizens availing free pilgrimage are issued certificates by the MLAs of their respective areas. The ministers of the Delhi government and the chairman of the Tirth Yatra Vikas Samiti also issue certificates to the applicants.