The state government of Karnataka is going to launch its much awaited Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya LPG scheme to provide a LPG connection to all BPL families of the state. Under the Anila Bhagya scheme, the state government would provide a LPG gas connection along with a gas stove and two cylinder refills to each beneficiary of the state.
Under Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya LPG Scheme, the state government will target around 15-20 lakh beneficiaries in the state. The beneficiaries can avail the scheme benefits by making registrations through online or offline modes. The application forms for the scheme would be invited through online mode and the registration process is expected to start in next 15 days.
After the applications are made, the government would take about 30 days to process the applications and provide scheme benefits. Any BPL holder who has not availed the benefits of centrally sponsored free LPG connection scheme PM Ujjwala Yojana can apply online for Anila Bhagya.
Anila Bhagya Online Registration / Application Form
The applications for the Anila Bhagya scheme will be invited through the online mode at the official website of Karnataka State government or a dedicated scheme portal. The interested candidate can follow the prescribed steps to make online registration for the scheme.
The details of the website where the online applications for Anila Bhagya can be made will be available only after the scheme is launched.
The offline application forms for the scheme can be submitted to the nearest Gram Panchayat in rural areas while people living in urban areas can apply for the scheme by visiting their respective ward offices.
Once the applications are made, the details of the applicants would be matched against the SECC-2011 data list to make sure the beneficiary has not already availed free LPG connection under PM Ujjwala Yojana. Applications of candidates found to have already availed Ujjwala Yojana benefits would be rejected.
Eligibility Criteria for Anila Bhagya
Below is the basic criteria for Anila Bhagya free LPG scheme
- The benefit of the scheme is only for Karnataka citizens belonging to BPL category.
- The applicant should possesses Aadhar number.
- The beneficiaries of Ujjwala scheme will not be able to take the benefits of the scheme.
- After submitting the form, the name of beneficiary will be cross-checked with the data of Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011.
Anila Bhagya scheme earlier was expected to be launched in Mid-July but delayed due to some reasons.
Highlights of Anila Bhagya LPG Scheme
Below given some features of the scheme:-
- Online registrations for the scheme will be started in next 15 days.
- All BPL cardholders are eligible to take the benefits of the scheme.
- The process of application will be completed within one month.
- The distribution of LPG connection under the scheme will begin in December.
- The government is prepared to cover about 15 lakh beneficiaries in the state.
- The government has earmarked total outlay of Rs. 1100 crore to implement of scheme.
- Total cost of per connection is Rs. 4,040.
Karnataka State govt. has allocated Rs. 1350 crore in Karnataka Budget 2018-19 to benefit 30 lakh people.
According to the notification, the central government’s Ujjwala scheme has failed to cover all the beneficiary in the state. As per the released data, only 6-7 lakh beneficiaries have taken the benefits of Ujjwala scheme which was insufficient compared to requirement.
In addition, gas companies in the state are working on improving the infrastructure in rural areas to provide door to door delivery of cylinders. The state government would also deliver the two burner gas stoves at the residences of beneficiaries.
Below is the scheme advertisement published by the Chief Minister on his FB profile