Jammu and Kashmir administration is inviting online applications for Domicile Certificate at jk.gov.in/jkeservices/. The UT govt. has started the process of distributing domicile certificates to its residents on 27 June 2020. According to J&K Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) Rules 2020, all those who have been living in Jammu and Kashmir for more than 15 years can apply for the certificate. All the interested people can now make citizen registration and apply by filling Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate Online Application Form 2020.
Children of West Pakistan Refugees, Valmikis, displaced persons, PoK families and Kashmiri migrants settled outside J&K and those living for 15 years, besides kin of Central government officials would now be entitled for domicile. Subsequently, this domicile certificate would be utilized for government jobs in J&K.
As per the Domicile Act 2020, people of J&K belonging to different sections who have been living in UT for the last 7 decades but were deprived of their legitimate citizenship rights would now be issued domicile certificate.
Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate Online Application Form 2020
Below is the complete process to apply online for Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate:-
- Firstly visit the official website at https://www.jk.gov.in/jkeservices/home
- The JK State e-Services Application homepage will appear as shown here:-
- All the new users will have to click at the “Citizen Registration” link or directly click at https://www.jk.gov.in/jkeservices/cznregistration
- Accordingly, the J&K Domicile Certificate Online Registration Form 2020 will appear as shown below:-
- Here applicants can enter the citizen registration details, residential / current address details, permanent address details, mobile number, e-mail ID, login details. Applicant are also required to upload the Passport size scan photo (jpg image) in the clear background of size less than 50 kb. The applicable photo size in pixels in 591*537 px.
- Applicants can submit this completely filled in Domicile Certificate application form to complete the registration process:-
- Afterwards, people can make login using ‘Login ID’ and ‘Password’ generated after Citizen Registration.
- After Login, Applicant has to click on the e-services tab in the left menu and thereafter click on the department to which he has to avail the service. For example, Scholarship schemes under Social Welfare Department or Domicile Service Using General Administration Department.
- Accordingly, the Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate Application Form filling link will appear as shown below:-
- Accordingly, fill in all the details in the opened application form and submit it online to get domicile certificate in Jammu and Kashmir.
The e-application-cum-issuance of domicile certificate has been developed by Jammu and Kashmir e-Governance Agency (JaKeGA). Online domicile certificate is a people-friendly initiative across the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. Domicile certificates must be issued within a stipulated time frame and any laxity or malpractice on the part of the issuing authority shall invite strict administrative action.
Who are eligible to Apply online for J&K Domicile Certificate
All the people who falls in the mentioned categories would be eligible for Domicile Certificate in Jammu & Kashmir:-
- Under the new J&K Domicile Rules, all those persons and their children who have lived for 15 years in Jammu and Kashmir or have studied for seven years are eligible.
- Also, those people who had appeared in class 10 or 12 examinations in an educational institution in the UT are eligible for domicile certificates.
- Children of central government officials, all India service officers, officials of PSUs and autonomous body of the central government, public sector banks, officials of statutory bodies, central universities and recognised research institutes of the Centre, who have served in Jammu of Kashmir for a total period of 10 years, will also be eligible for domicile status in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Besides, all those migrants and their children who are registered with the relief and rehabilitation commissioner will be granted a domicile certificate.
- Children of those residents of Jammu and Kashmir who reside outside the Union Territory in connection with their employment of business or other professional or vocational reasons have become eligible for grant of domicile status.
People falling in these categories can apply online for J&K Domicile Certificate through the process specified above.
Jammu and Kashmir Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) Rules 2020
The govt. has notified Jammu and Kashmir Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) Rules 2020 on 18 May. This act allows non-locals, including non-local government employees to register for domicile certificates. The permanent resident certificate (PRC) holders and other applicants can apply for the issuance of domicile certificate online by providing their Aadhaar number. Applicants can receive the domicile certificate through online mode. PRC holders will be able to receive their domicile certificate through this application without having to visit any office.
The LG observed that the UT government has taken this people-friendly initiative to provide domicile certificate through online mode across the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu also launched the e-application-cum-issuance of domicile certificate in Jammu and Kashmir.
For more details, visit the official website at https://www.jk.gov.in/jkeservices/home