Central government has launched Gobar Dhan Scheme for Farmers. Subsequently, this scheme will help in managing and reuse cattle dung and thus makes the nation “Open Defecation Free”. Accordingly, farmers can reuse this waste as compost and fertilizer in agriculture. Thus, this agri-focused scheme in Union Budget 2018-19 will improve the life of villagers.
Gobar Dhan stands for Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan. This scheme will focus on managing cattle dung and use it as bio-fuel / bio-CNG. Accordingly, this scheme is another step of central govt. to “Double the Farmers Income by 2022”.
Latest Update – PM Modi has mentioned Gobar Dhan Scheme in 41st Man Ki Baat Programme on 25 February 2018. Accordingly, PM asked farmers to convert waste into compost, bio-gas and bio fuel. This will reduce pollution as well as will generate additional income for the farmers. For this, govt. will open Gobar Dhan Yojana Portal. Moreover, this scheme will help in realising the dream of Doubling Farmers Income by 2022.
In Union Budget 2018-19, central govt. has also launched National Health Protection Scheme. Furthermore, central govt. has also made an announcement to increase the Minimum Support Price to 1.5 times the production cost in this year Union Budget.
Gobar Dhan Scheme
The important features and highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
- Central govt. has launched Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan (Gobar Dhan) Scheme to promote the management of cattle dung and reusing it.
- Subsequently, this scheme will contribute towards “Swachh Bharat Mission” and help in making India ODF Free.
- In addition to this, Gobar Dhan scheme will improve the life of people living in rural areas.
- Moreover, farmers can utilize this solid waste & cow dung in their farms and reuse it as compost, fertilizer, bio-gas and also as bio-fuel.
- Furthermore, central govt. has also taken other decisions to open various health and wellness centers in villages, improvement of infrastructure for rural business centers, better connectivity between villages and cities and also centers for higher education.
Central govt. has also identified 115 districts where govt. will make investment in various social services and develop them as role models. Accordingly, these social services will include health & education, nutrition, rural electrification and drinking water in a timely manner.
PM Modi Man Ki Baat – 41st Programme
In his 41st address to the Nation (Man Ki Baat), PM Modi has announced that the central govt. is going to launch an Online Gobar Dhan Yojana Portal to connect farmers to buyers. Central govt. aims to create new jobs through waste collection and transportation. Moreover under Swacch Bharat Mission Gramin, govt. will focus on converting dung, farm waste, kitchen waste into biogas energy.
Under this scheme, govt. will lay special emphasis of “waste to health” and “waste to energy” through biogas for villages. This Gobar Dhan Scheme will make villages clean and raise the income of the small and marginal farmers.