Central government is inviting Gobar Dhan Scheme 2021 online registration form at https://sbm.gov.in/Gobardhan/. The scheme namely Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources (Gobar) Dhan Scheme was firstly announced by the then FM Arun Jaitley on 1 February 2018. Gobar-Dhan shall benefit rural people in general and women in particular from clean bio gas fuel. It would be done through improvements on health and improvement in cleanliness in the villages.
Gobar Dhan initiative shall support biodegradable waste recovery and conversion of waste into resources. This shall provide economic and resource benefits to farmers and households and also support creating clean villages which is the objective of Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin). This Gobar Dhan Scheme will focus on managing cattle dung and use it as bio-fuel / bio-CNG. Accordingly, this scheme is another step of central govt. to “Double the Farmers Income by 2022”.
PM in Man Ki Baat Programme urges farmers to convert waste into compost, bio-gas and bio fuel. This will reduce pollution as well as will generate additional income for the farmers. For this, govt. has opened Gobar Dhan Yojana Portal.
Unified Portal of Gobardhan Yojana 2021
Gobardhan was launched to ensure cleanliness in villages by converting bio-waste including cattle waste, kitchen leftovers, crop residue and market waste to improve the lives of villagers. This will provide economic and resource benefits to farmers and households. Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation is working with concerned Departments/ Ministries/ State Governments, public and private sector institutions and village communities to give this a shape of ‘Janandolan’ so that community collective action on Gobardhan is achieved. The unified portal can be accessed through the link – http://sbm.gov.in/gbdw20/Home.aspx
Gobardhan will benefit rural people in general and women in particular from the use of clean fuel, improved cleanliness in villages and through improvement in health. This initiative will support biodegradable waste recovery and conversion of waste into resources, reduction of GHG emission, reduction in import of crude oil, give boost to entrepreneurship and promote organic farming.
Gobar Dhan Scheme Online Registration Form 2021
Below is the complete process to fill Gobar Dhan Scheme Online Registration Form 2021:-
Step 1: Firstly visit the official website at http://sbm.gov.in/Gobardhan/
Step 2: At the homepage, click at the “Registration” tab present in the main menu as shown here:-
Step 3: People can even click at the direct link at http://sbm.gov.in/Gobardhan/Registration.aspx to open the Gobar Dhan Scheme online registration form 2021 as shown below:-
Step 4: In this form, all the applicant farmers can enter personal details such as name, e-mail ID, address details such as complete address, state / block / district / gram panchayat / village, registration details such as USER ID, enter mobile no, OTP code, password, captcha code.
Finally, applicants can click at the “Submit” button to complete the Gobar Dhan Scheme online registration form 2021. After successful registration, applicant farmers can make “Login” using their username, password and click at “Log In” button.
Objectives of SBM Gobardhan Scheme
The main objectives of the SBM Gobardhan Scheme are hereby mentioned to increase rural income, rural jobs and to keep villages clean. Gobardhan Scheme aims:-
- To support villages safely manage their cattle waste, agricultural waste and in long run all organic waste.
- To support communities convert their cattle and organic waste to wealth using decentralized systems
- Promotion of environmental sanitation and curb vector borne diseases through effective disposal of waste in rural areas.
- Convert organic waste, especially, cattle waste to bio gas and fertilizer for use in rural areas.
Gobar Dhan Yojana Impact on Gram Panchayats
Accordingly, Gobar Dhan Scheme 2021 aims to positively impact the Gram Panchayats with 3Es, which are as follows:-
- Energy : Self-reliance with respect to energy through utilisation of agricultural and animal waste to generate bio-energy through bio-gas plants.
- Empowerment : Engaging rural people, especially women self-help groups in construction, management and day to day operations of bio-gas plants.
- Employment : Generating jobs among the rural youth and women through collection of waste, transportation to treatment plants, management of treatment plant, sale and distribution of bio-gas generated etc.
The scheme is intended to manage and convert cattle dung and solid waste in farms to compost, bio-slurry, bio-gas and bio-CNG. This initiative shall support biodegradable waste recovery and conversion of waste into resources.
Benefits of Gobardhan Yojana
- Effective biodegradable waste management.
- Reduction of GHG emission.
- Reduction in import of crude oil.
- Employment opportunity for the local community.
- Boost to entrepreneurship.
- Additional income for farmers/ local village community from organic waste.
- Promotion of organic farming.
Check Gobar Dhan Scheme Application Status
The current status of applications under the Gobar Dhan Scheme (as on 5 February 2021) is given in the table below:-
|Application / DPR Received||341|
|Application / DPR Awaiting Approval||198|
|Number of Villages where Application / DPR Received||320|
|Application / DPR Approved||118|
|Application / DPR Approved by Block||170|
|Number of STAC Formed||23|
|Total Number of Technical Agency Empanelled||130|
Principles of Gobardhan Scheme in India
- Aggregate cattle waste and convert it to biogas for domestic and industrial purposes.
- Bio-slurry as a by product of the biogas process, used as bio-fertilizer.
- Actively involve the community /SHG / milk coops in operation and management.
- Focus on making the process economically viable for all in the value chain.
- Entrepreneurship for the large scale production of compressed biogas and bio-fertilizers.
Salient Features of Gobar Dhan Yojana
The main aim of Gobar Dhan Yojana is to make farmers self reliant apart from converting waste to energy. This scheme will help in managing and reuse cattle dung and thus makes the nation “Open Defecation Free”. Accordingly, farmers can reuse this waste as compost and fertilizer in agriculture. This agri-focused scheme was firstly announced in Union Budget 2018-19 to improve the life of villagers. The important features and highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
- Central govt. has launched Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan (Gobar Dhan) Scheme to promote the management of cattle dung and reusing it.
- Subsequently, this scheme will contribute towards “Swachh Bharat Mission” and help in making India ODF Free.
- In addition to this, Gobar Dhan scheme will improve the life of people living in rural areas.
- Moreover, farmers can utilize this solid waste & cow dung in their farms and reuse it as compost, fertilizer, bio-gas and also as bio-fuel.
- Furthermore, central govt. has also taken other decisions to open various health and wellness centers in villages, improvement of infrastructure for rural business centers, better connectivity between villages and cities and also centers for higher education.
Central govt. has also identified 115 districts where govt. will make investment in various social services and develop them as role models. Accordingly, these social services will include health & education, nutrition, rural electrification and drinking water in a timely manner. Farmers can even check the Gobar Dhan Scheme User Manual at https://sbm.gov.in/Gobardhan/UserManual/OperationalManual_AgencyV1.0.pdf
Project Models of Gobardhan Scheme 2021
Here are the 4 project models which families can adopt to implement Gobardhan Scheme, details of each one is mentioned below:-
This model can be adopted by households which have three(3) or more cattles. Households construct biogas plants for which information, technical and financial assistance will be provided under SBM(G). The biogas and slurry generated from the plants are used for cooking and as manure by the households.
The biogas plants can be constructed for a minimum number of households (5 to 10). The plants can be operated and managed by GP/SHGs. The gas generated will be supplied to households/restaurants / institutions and slurry can be used by the community as organic manure in agriculture or sold to farmers.
In this model , individual biogas plants are installed in number of households in a village/ group of villages. The biogas generated is used by the households and the slurry is collected at a common place, separated to solid and liquid parts and then fortified and sold as biofertilizers.
CBG plants can be set up by Entrepreneurs / Cooperative Societies/ Gaushalas etc. The raw biogas produced is compressed and can be used as vehicular fuel and / or sold to industries. The slurry generated is converted into organic manure / bio-fertilizer and can be sold to farmers.
For more details, click the link – http://sbm.gov.in/gbdw20/SLRM_AboutUs.aspx
Progress of Gobardhan Yojana Till 2021
- 212 Bio-Gas/CBG Plants – Functional
- 16 Bio-Gas/CBG Plants – Construction completed
- 17 Bio-Gas/CBG Plants – Construction in progress
- 70,735 Installed Capacity of Bio-Gas/CBG (in m3)
- 1,73,366 Capacity of Slurry (in Litres )
- 52 Number of districts covered
PM Modi Man Ki Baat – 41st Programme
In his address to the Nation (Man Ki Baat), PM Modi has announced that the central govt. is going to launch an Online Gobar Dhan Yojana Portal to connect farmers to buyers. Central govt. aims to create new jobs through waste collection and transportation. Moreover under Swacch Bharat Mission Gramin, govt. will focus on converting dung, farm waste, kitchen waste into biogas energy.
Under this scheme, govt. will lay special emphasis of “waste to health” and “waste to energy” through biogas for villages. This Gobar Dhan Scheme will make villages clean and raise the income of the small and marginal farmers.