Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched Digital India Internship Scheme 2023. Under this skill development initiative, govt. will provide Rs. 10,000 per month as stipend to youngsters along with training certificates. Central Government will select 20 students for this session i.e summer 2022 batch and will offer renumeration per month to youths / interns. Interested candidates can apply online for the internship at www.nic.in.
Digital India Internship (DII) is an opportunity for a student to secure first hand and practical work experience under the guidance of a qualified and experienced Supervisor/Mentor. It also aims at active participation in the learning process through experimentation and putting into practice the knowledge acquired in the classrooms. Under Digital India Internship Scheme for Summer 2022 batch, the internship will be offered at NIC, Headquarters, New Delhi and NIC State Centres.
Digital India Internship Scheme 2023 is a major step towards the realization of transformative initiative of Digital India. All the interested and eligible candidates can fill the online application forms for summer training.
Digital India Internship Scheme Online Application Form 2023
Below is the complete procedure to apply online for internship:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website https://www.nic.in/
STEP 2: On the homepage, click at the “Digital India Internship” link which will take the candidate to an external website.
STEP 3: Then the NIC Digital Internship Internship Summer 2022 apply online page will open as shown below:-
STEP 4: Fill all the necessary details and click the “Login” button to apply online for NIC Digital India Internship Scheme (Summer 2022 Batch).
STEPS to Apply Online for NIC Digital India Internship Scheme
- Interested and eligible students need to apply online ONLY on the Web Portal of NIC for the Internship Scheme (URL: http://www.nic.in).
- The Students needs to get Recommendation Letter forwarded by the Institution on the Letter Head of the Institute.
- The Students needs to upload certificates of completed degrees and last result available.
- The student will be required to submit a write-up not less than 100 words and not more than 250 words under the subject `Statement of Purpose’ bringing out the purpose/benefits of the scheme.
- Students have to select maximum two choices of interest.
- Student will be asked to submit a self-declaration for conversion formula of CGPA into percentage with attestation from their educational institution.
Areas for Internship Slots
- Blockchain Technology
- AI and Machine Learning
- Micro Services
- Data Analytics
- eService Delivery
- Cloud Automation
- Text Analytics and Ontology
- Chat Bot
- Software Documentation
- Software Development
- IOT and AI
Eligibility Criteria for Digital India Internship Scheme 2023
The candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to become eligible for Digital India Internship Scheme:-
- Indian students from recognized universities in India who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination and pursuing B.E/ B.Tech, M.E/ M.Tech/ MCA, MSc (Electronics)/ MSc(CS)/ MSc(IT), DoEACC ‘B’ level shall be eligible.
- Possessing minimum qualifications as above shall not guarantee internship in NIC. Candidates having exposure in the area of intended internship with good academic background and having higher qualification, based on need shall be given preference.
- The students who are in the last semester or who will pass out in summer 2022 will not be eligible for the internship.
Important Dates for Digital India Internship Scheme 2023
Candidates must remember all the dates while the online application form for this summer internship by MeitY. The important dates are shown in the figure below:-
Selection & Placement under Internship Scheme
Selection – The Interns will be shortlisted and selected by the respective Groups/Divisions for their concerned domain. For selection of interns, personal or Skype Interview, may be conducted, if deemed necessary. No TA / DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the personal interview.
Placement – Every batch of Interns or individual Interns, as the case may be, will have a Scientific/Technical Project Supervisor/Mentor from NIC. The internship is neither an employment nor an assurance of an employment with NIC.
Stipend & Certificate of Internship
Stipend – A token remuneration of Rs. 10,000/- per month would be paid to an Intern, subject to satisfactory performance, duly certified by his
Supervisor/Mentor. The remuneration shall be paid after the completion of internship on submission of Report duly accepted by NIC.
Internship Certificate – Certificates will be issued by NIC to the Interns on the completion of internship and submission of Report duly countersigned and accepted by Training Division, NIC.
Duration of Internship
The minimum duration of internship shall be of two months, extendable up to three months, depending on the performance of the candidate, requirement of NIC and time the Intern is willing to spend with NIC. The detailed time schedule of various activities is indicated above. Summer internship will start from 1st June 2022.
— For all other details, candidates can download the official notification in the PDF format through the link given here – https://www.meity.gov.in/writereaddata/files/DIInternship-Scheme-NIC-2022.pdf
— Email: [email protected], vidya[dot]kosh[at]nic[dot]in,
— Address: A-Block, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003,