Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana – The state govt. of Delhi is running a free coaching scheme for meritorious students belonging to SC / ST / OBC or General (EWS) category. The scheme was was earlier only for SC and ST students but the scheme was extended to meritorious students of general (EWS) category in Delhi. Under this scheme, Delhi government is providing free coaching for the preparation of civil services, law, engineering, banking and other competitive entrance examinations.
The state govt. bears the entire fees of the coaching of the students whose family income is less than Rs. 8 lakh. This scheme benefited around 5,000 eligible students of the state in 2019-20.
Delhi free coaching scheme 2020 is for the empowerment of the poor students through education. This scheme is applicable for the all the meritorious students across the state. The name of this scheme is “Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana”.
Delhi Free Coaching Scheme 2020
Students can avail the scheme to prepare for examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board, Staff Selection Commission, Railway Recruitment Board, banks and insurance companies and to prepare for medical and engineering pre-examinations.
The state government has reserved about 15000 seats in 46 different reputed coaching institutions across Delhi. The maximum financial assistance a student can avail under the scheme was also increased from Rs 40,000 to Rs 1 lakh.
Out of the total students who can be enrolled under the scheme, 75% would be those who have completed their studies from govt. and rest 25% from private schools.
Delhi government has specified the provisions for this free coaching scheme which are as follows:-
- All the students who have passed class 10th and 12th and whose family income is below Rs 2 Lakh p.a will get 100% financial assistance for coaching. Accordingly, the state government will bear their entire fees of coaching classes.
- Moreover, the state govt. will provide the financial assistance of 100% of the coaching fee to the students whose family income is between Rs 2 lakh to Rs 8 lakh. However, the maximum amount is Rs. 1 Lakh.
- The maximum financial assistance which can be given under this scheme is Rs. 1 Lakh
Below is the duration and quantum of fee for each coaching programme
How to Apply for Delhi Free Coaching Scheme
The candidates who wish to get free coaching under the scheme will have to follow the procedure as given below.
- The candidates will have to apply for the financial assistance by making registrations with any of the coaching centers present in the list.
- Candidates have to appear for the qualification (eligibility) test of that particular coaching center.
- All the qualified candidates can then apply for the financial assistance for fees payment as per their eligibility.
- The state govt. will bear coaching fees of up to Rs 1,00,000 for preparation of IAS, IPS, Railways, banking and other competitive examinations.
- All the qualified candidates will also get Rs 2,500 Per Month as expenses for books and study material for the entire duration of coaching.
- The state govt. will directly transfer the money into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- However only 50 % of admissible coaching fee is to be provided by the Govt. for students who avail 2nd time coaching facility under the scheme
Eligibility for the Scheme
The students who wish to apply for Delhi free coaching scheme must fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below.
- Must be of SC / ST / OBC / General (EWS) category
- Family income must be less than 8 Lac per annum
- Should have passed 10th & 12th from Delhi
Documents Required for the Scheme
Below is the complete list of documents required for application under Delhi free coaching scheme
4 Passport Size Photos, Aadhar Card, Caste Certificate, Income Certificate, 10th & 12th Certificates
Delhi Free Coaching Scheme Guidelines
The detailed revised guidelines of the free coaching scheme in Delhi can be downloaded in PDF format from the official website of SC / ST welfare department of Delhi government using the below given link.
Jai Bheem Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana Guidelines: http://scstwelfare.delhigovt.nic.in/
Implementation of Delhi Free Coaching Scheme
This scheme was required because many intelligent students lacks proper coaching from the renowned institutes. Therefore, the success rate for them is low in the competitive entrance examinations. This scheme is going to provide financial support for such candidates as follows:
- Department will put an advertisements to inform various coaching centers about the scheme.
- Afterwards, the department will go the institutes to make their voluntarily registration for this scheme.
- Finally, govt. will prepare a list of credible coaching centers and ask the candidates to make registrations.
The state govt. is going to launch this scheme for the up-liftment of students belonging to lower categories. Delhi Free Coaching Scheme will result in better performance of the SC / ST candidates in the competitive examinations.
Students can call the central helpline number for all Delhi government schemes at 011-23379511.
For more information about the scheme, visit the official website of SC / ST Welfare department at http://scstwelfare.delhigovt.nic.in
Delhi Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojana Apply Online – Free Coaching Registration
After successful implementation of Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana, Delhi government has raised monetary aid from Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 1.5 lakh. Under this scheme, students belonging to scheduled caste (SC) / scheduled tribe (ST) gets free coaching for national level competitive exams. Here we are going to tell you that how you can apply online for Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojna and make registration for free coaching scheme.
The state govt. of Delhi has decided to raise monetary allocation for scheme from Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 1,50,000. Now with this increased assistance, students would be able to get desired coaching for UPSC, NEET, civil services, law, engineering (IIT-JEE, AIEEE), banking and other competitive entrance examinations.
Most of the unprivileged students who got free coaching under AAP party government scheme have cracked JEE Mains and NEET Exam this year.
Delhi Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana (SC / ST Free Coaching)
Under this Free Coaching Scheme for SC / ST students in Delhi, the state govt. has made some changes. The new changes are described as below which will now prevail:-
- All the SC / ST / OBC and Physically Handicapped candidates will get scholarship from Delhi govt. to prepare for competitive examinations.
- SC / ST students to get free coaching and their entire fees would be borne by the state government.
- All the candidates who have made Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana Registration will get Rs. 2500 per month as stipend.
- Students will get free coaching classes to prepare for engineering and medical examinations. All the graduate and post graduate students will also get free coaching for civil services, defense exams & other competitive exams.
- More than 5,000 students to get free coaching under this Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana.
This SC / ST Free Coaching Scheme was launched in December 2017. In 2018-19, 4,953 students had taken coaching from 8 empanelled institutes under Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana. This includes 945 UPSC aspirants and 3100 SSC aspirant candidates. Moreover, there were 47 students preparing for engineering and 58 students preparing for medical competitive examinations. Out of these, around 13 students qualified for JEE Main and 22 students cleared NEET.
Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojna Eligibility Criteria
Below is the complete eligibility criteria for Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojna:-
- For those students whose family income from all sources is less than Rs. 2 lakh, the state govt. will bear full cost of coaching.
- All those students whose parental income is Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 6 lakh, the Delhi govt. will bear 75% of cost of coaching.
- Students will have to clear the selection criteria laid down by the coaching institutes.
Quantum of Fees for Delhi SC / ST Free Coaching Scheme
The admissible coaching fees in respect of various courses would be as under:-
— Civil Service (Preliminary) / State Civil Services (Preliminary) = Rs. 1.5 lakh (Min. 5 Months)
— Civil Service (Mains) / State Civil Services (Main) = Rs. 1.5 lakh (Min. 4 Months)
— Entrance Examination for engineering, medical courses = Rs. 1 lakh (Min. 4 Months)
— Bank PO and related exams = Rs. 50,000 (Min. 4 Months)
— SSC Examinations = Rs. 25,000 (Min 4 months)
Apart from financial assistance towards coaching, beneficiaries are also paid a stipend of Rs 2,500.
Delhi Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojana Online Registration
All the students will have to make registration for the free coaching scheme for SC / ST students at the official website through the link here – delhi.gov.in
For this, candidates must have cleared the examination of the respective coaching center. Students will have to make Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana Registration very carefully. All the students can submit the completed application form through online mode at official website. Moreover, students can even deposit the registration forms at the coaching centers itself.
List of Empanelled Coaching Institutes in Scheme
Here is the complete list of all 8 empanelled coaching institutes under Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojana:-
For 2019-20, an allocation of Rs. 40 crore has been made for the scheme. Delhi government is also likely to soon clear a scheme for funding higher education of SC students abroad.
Delhi Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana Extended to EWS / OBC Students
Delhi govt. has extended Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana to include students of economically weaker sections (EWS) & other backward classes (OBC) category. This Free Coaching Scheme in Delhi was previously applicable only to students of scheduled caste (SC) & scheduled tribes (ST) category. Now students from poor families can even avail the benefits of this Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojna.
The state govt. will now provide Rs. 1 lakh as coaching assistance to students which was previously Rs. 40,000. Students from any caste, category can avail free coaching under Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana.
This decision is taken in the cabinet meeting chaired by CM Arvind Kejriwal held at Delhi Secretariat on 3 September 2019.
Delhi Free Coaching Scheme Extended to OBC & Poor EWS Students
The state govt. of Delhi is laying special emphasis on improving the standards of education in the state. Delhi govt. provides loans of upto Rs. 10 lakh to students for admissions in reputed colleges after passing class 12th. The govt. is also providing assistance for coaching to get admission in medical, engineering courses in colleges.
There are a number of students who are born in poor families but are intelligent. The state govt. wants to explore such talented students by providing them free coaching under Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana. No student must be deprived of quality education due to lack of money.
For this purpose, the state govt. will bear expenses upto Rs. 1 lakh for coaching. All the students who have passed their 10th and 12th class from Delhi and whose family annual income from all sources is less than Rs. 8 lakh are eligible for this scheme.
All the graduate and post graduate students will also get free coaching for UPSC, civil services, banking, defense exams & other competitive examinations. The state govt. has also made a panel of such institutes which have signed agreement with Delhi govt. to implement this Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana.
In case the student gets admission in coaching in these empanelled institutes, then state govt. will transfer money directly to these institutes. In case the student gets admission in other coaching institute which is not in the list of empanelled institutes, then govt. will transfer money to the bank account of the students.
Free Coaching Scheme & an App for loans for Students to be Launched in Delhi
The state government of Delhi is going to be launched Free coaching scheme and an app to apply for loans for students. Under the scheme, the state government will provide loan facility and free coaching for competitive exams for students of the SC, ST, OBC and minority communities. These two initiatives will launch by the Delhi government on 6 December 2017.
The state government has informed that the welfare department of SC / ST is already providing coaching to students but now the selected student will get the coaching in the reputed institution. In addition, the state government will bear the entire the fees of the students. These schemes will be operational by the welfare of students of SC, ST, OBC and minority communities, Delhi government.
However, these two initiatives to be launched at an event at Chhatrasal Stadium on December 6, by the CM of Delhi with members of the communities.
Free Coaching Scheme & an App for Students
As per the released notification, the SC / ST Department was taken a place on rent and hire some teachers to provide coaching classes but they were irregular and not that well attended. Therefore, the state government is going to launch a new scheme for students of SC, ST, OBC and minority communities. Under the scheme, the student will study alongside general category students at reputed coaching centres.
Main highlights of Free Coaching Scheme
- This scheme will provide coaching for engineering and medical entrances as well as Central and State government-held exams for various services.
- Subsequently, the beneficiary students will be selected from 75 % of government schools while 25 % students of private schools.
- Moreover, the students whose family income is under or below Rs. 2 lakh annually. The Delhi government will bear 100% of the fees.
- Besides, the students whose family income is between Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 6 lakh per annum. The government will pay 75% of the coaching fees.
- Under the scheme, the state government will cover around 5000 students every year.
Apart from this, the state government will also launch a mobile App on the same day at Chhatrasal Stadium. This App will launch for the members of the SC, ST, OBC and minority communities. By using the app, these members will be able to apply for small loans to establish their own enterprises.
The Delhi SC/ST/OBC/Minority and Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (DSFDC) will provide the paperwork for the loans offered at the initial stage. After this, the paperwork will be completed within a week with the help of this new launching mobile app, as per the notification.