The state govt. of Delhi is running a free coaching scheme for meritorious students belonging to SC / ST / OBC or General (EWS) category. In 2018, Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana was open only for SC and ST students but the scheme was later extended to students from other backward classes (OBC) and those from families with annual income less than Rs. 8 lakh p.a, popularly called Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
What is Delhi Free Coaching Scheme 2021
Under Delhi Free Coaching Scheme, state government provides free of cost coaching for the preparation of civil services, law, engineering, banking and other competitive entrance examinations. The state govt. bears the entire fees of the coaching of the SC, ST, OBC, EWS category students. Around 15,000 students have enrolled this year for coaching classes for various competitive exams at empanelled centres under a Delhi government scheme for children belonging to marginalised communities and economically backward households.
Delhi free coaching scheme 2021 is for the empowerment of the poor students through education. This scheme is applicable for the all the meritorious students across the state. The name of this scheme is “Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana”. Under the scheme, students can avail free coaching at 46 empanelled private coaching centres — and, under special provisions, some non-empanelled centres too — for a wide range of competitive exams including UPSC, CDS, banking exams, medical and engineering entrances, prominent law university entrances and management school exams.
In 2018, when the scheme was open only for SC/ST students, around 5,000 students enrolled. The next year witnessed enrolment of 15,000 students after the scheme was opened for OBC and EWS students.
Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana Latest Update
Chief minister Arvind Kejriwal’s resolve to uplift the poorest of poor students gets strength. Under the Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana (scheme), meritorious students belonging to SC/ST/OBC and EWS categories receive free coaching from private institutes for competitive exams. Delhi government has resumed online and offline coaching classes for students enrolled under its Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana (JBMPVY).
Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas scheme was suspended last year in the light of the Covid-19 pandemic. Earlier this year, the government issued public notices announcing that it has resumed. A monitoring committee is going to be set up to keep a check on the beneficiaries and coaching institutes.
Maintaining Quality of Education in Coaching Classes
CM said “In online coaching classes, quality of education should be maintained and it should be ensured that children are participating in the sessions. Under the scheme there is also a provision that apart from empanelled institutions, candidates can also take admission in big coaching institutes.” Under the scheme, children from SC/ST/OBC and economically weaker (EWS) category receive private coaching for JEE, NEET and civil services. The government also finances private coaching of eligible meritorious students.
Delhi Government Schemes 2021दिल्ली सरकारी योजना हिन्दीPopular Schemes in Delhi:DDA Housing SchemeDelhi Govt School Non Plan Admission for Class 6th / 9th at edudel.nic.inHow to Apply for Temporary Ration Card Coupon in Delhi
It is the dream of CM Arvind Kejriwal that even the poorest of poor kids who want to become someone prominent receive assistance and support in fulfilling their dreams. If a kid from a family earning less than Rs. 8 lakh per annum is talented, they will no longer have to face the hurdles of poverty, the Kejriwal government will provide them free coaching. Other than tuition fees, we will also provide a stipend of Rs. 2,500 to the beneficiary students so that they do not face problems in their commute.
Benefits of Delhi Free Coaching Scheme 2021
Students can avail the scheme to prepare for examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board, Staff Selection Commission, Railway Recruitment Board, banks and insurance companies and to prepare for medical and engineering pre-examinations.
The state government has reserved about 15000 seats in 46 different reputed coaching institutions across Delhi. The maximum financial assistance a student can avail under the scheme was also increased from Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 1 lakh. Out of the total students who can be enrolled under the scheme, 75% would be those who have completed their studies from govt. and rest 25% from private schools.
Provisions of Delhi Free Coaching Scheme
Delhi government has specified the provisions for this free coaching scheme which are as follows:-
- All the students who have passed class 10th and 12th and whose family income is below Rs 2 Lakh p.a will get 100% financial assistance for coaching. Accordingly, the state government will bear their entire fees of coaching classes.
- Moreover, the state govt. will provide the financial assistance of 100% of the coaching fee to the students whose family income is between Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh. However, the maximum amount is Rs. 1 Lakh.
- The maximum financial assistance which can be given under this scheme is Rs. 1 Lakh
Coaching Fees under Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana
Below is the duration and quantum of fee for each coaching programme
How to Apply Offline for Delhi Free Coaching Scheme
The candidates who wish to get free coaching under the scheme will have to follow the procedure as given below.
- The candidates will have to apply for the financial assistance by making registrations with any of the coaching centers present in the list.
- Candidates have to appear for the qualification (eligibility) test of that particular coaching center.
- All the qualified candidates can then apply for the financial assistance for fees payment as per their eligibility.
- The state govt. will bear coaching fees of up to Rs 1,00,000 for preparation of IAS, IPS, Railways, banking and other competitive examinations.
- All the qualified candidates will also get Rs 2,500 Per Month as expenses for books and study material for the entire duration of coaching.
- The state govt. will directly transfer the money into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- However only 50 % of admissible coaching fee is to be provided by the Govt. for students who avail 2nd time coaching facility under the scheme
Eligibility for the Scheme
The students who wish to apply for Delhi free coaching scheme must fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below.
- Must be a permanent resident of Delhi
- Must be of SC / ST / OBC / General (EWS) category
- For EWS category, family income must be less than 8 Lac per annum and for other categories, caste certificate must be present.
- Should have passed 10th & 12th from Delhi
Documents Required for the Scheme
Below is the complete list of documents required for application under Delhi free coaching scheme
- 4 Passport Size Photos,
- Aadhar Card,
- Caste Certificate,
- Income Certificate,
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificates (Marksheets)
Delhi Free Coaching Scheme Guidelines
The detailed revised guidelines of the free coaching scheme in Delhi can be downloaded in PDF format from the official website of SC / ST welfare department of Delhi government using the below given link.
Jai Bheem Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana Guidelines:
Implementation of Delhi Free Coaching Scheme
This scheme was required because many intelligent students lacks proper coaching from the renowned institutes. Therefore, the success rate for them is low in the competitive entrance examinations. This scheme is going to provide financial support for such candidates as follows:
- Department will put an advertisements to inform various coaching centers about the scheme.
- Afterwards, the department will go the institutes to make their voluntarily registration for this scheme.
- Finally, govt. will prepare a list of credible coaching centers and ask the candidates to make registrations.
The state govt. is going to launch this Delhi Free Coaching Scheme for the up-liftment of students belonging to lower categories. Delhi Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana will result in better performance of the SC / ST candidates in the competitive examinations.
Students can call the central helpline number for all Delhi government schemes at 011-23379511.
For more information about the scheme, visit the official website of SC / ST Welfare department at http://scstwelfare.delhigovt.nic.in
Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana – How to Apply Online
After successful implementation of Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana, Delhi government has raised monetary aid from Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 1 lakh. Under this scheme, students belonging to scheduled caste (SC) / scheduled tribe (ST) gets free coaching for national level competitive exams. Here we are going to tell you that how you can apply online for Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojna and make registration for free coaching scheme.
The state govt. of Delhi has decided to raise monetary allocation for scheme from Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 1,00,000. Now with this increased assistance, students would be able to get desired coaching for UPSC, NEET, civil services, law, engineering (IIT-JEE, AIEEE), banking and other competitive entrance examinations. Most of the unprivileged students who got free coaching under AAP party government scheme have cracked JEE Mains and NEET Exam this year.
Changes in Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojana
Under this Free Coaching Scheme for students in Delhi, the state govt. has made some changes. The new changes are described as below which will now prevail:-
- All the SC / ST / OBC / EWS and Physically Handicapped candidates will get scholarship from Delhi govt. to prepare for competitive examinations.
- SC / ST / OBC students to get free coaching and their entire fees would be borne by the state government. For EWS category, if family income is less than Rs. 2 lakh then Delhi govt. will bear their entire coaching fees. However if family income is b/w Rs. 2 to Rs. 8 lakh, then maximum coaching assistance will be Rs. 1 lakh.
- All the candidates who have made Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana Registration will get Rs. 2500 per month as stipend.
- Students will get free coaching classes to prepare for engineering and medical examinations. All the graduate and post graduate students will also get free coaching for civil services, defense exams & other competitive exams.
- More than 5,000 students to get free coaching under this Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana every year.
Delhi Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojana Online Registration
All the students will have to make registration for the free coaching scheme for SC / ST students at the official website through the link here – delhi.gov.in
For this, candidates must have cleared the examination of the respective coaching center. Students will have to make Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana Registration very carefully. All the students can submit the completed application form through online mode at official website. Moreover, students can even deposit the registration forms at the coaching centers itself.
List of Empanelled Coaching Institutes in Scheme
Here is the complete list of all 8 empanelled coaching institutes under Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojana:-
Delhi Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana Extension to EWS / OBC Students
Delhi govt. has extended Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana to include students of economically weaker sections (EWS) & other backward classes (OBC) category. This Free Coaching Scheme in Delhi was previously applicable only to students of scheduled caste (SC) & scheduled tribes (ST) category. Now students from poor families can even avail the benefits of this Jai Bhim CM Pratibha Vikas Yojna.
The state govt. will now provide Rs. 1 lakh as coaching assistance to students which was previously Rs. 40,000. Students from any caste, category can avail free coaching under Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana. This decision was taken in the cabinet meeting chaired by CM Arvind Kejriwal held at Delhi Secretariat on 3 September 2019.
Announcement of Delhi Free Coaching Scheme Extension to OBC & Poor EWS Students
The state govt. of Delhi is laying special emphasis on improving the standards of education in the state. Delhi govt. provides loans of upto Rs. 10 lakh to students for admissions in reputed colleges after passing class 12th. The govt. is also providing assistance for coaching to get admission in medical, engineering courses in colleges.
There are a number of students who are born in poor families but are intelligent. The state govt. wants to explore such talented students by providing them free coaching under Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana. No student must be deprived of quality education due to lack of money.
For this purpose, the state govt. will bear expenses upto Rs. 1 lakh for coaching. All the students who have passed their 10th and 12th class from Delhi and whose family annual income from all sources is less than Rs. 8 lakh are eligible for this scheme.
All the graduate and post graduate students will also get free coaching for UPSC, civil services, banking, defense exams & other competitive examinations. The state govt. has also made a panel of such institutes which have signed agreement with Delhi govt. to implement this Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana.
In case the student gets admission in coaching in these empanelled institutes, then state govt. will transfer money directly to these institutes. In case the student gets admission in other coaching institute which is not in the list of empanelled institutes, then govt. will transfer money to the bank account of the students.
Free Coaching Scheme & an App for loans for Students in Delhi
The state government of Delhi has launched Free coaching scheme and an app to apply for loans for students. Under the scheme, the state government will provide loan facility and free coaching for competitive exams for students of the SC, ST, OBC and minority communities. These two initiatives were launched by the Delhi government on 6 December 2017.
The state government informed that SC/ST welfare department was already providing coaching to students but now selected students will get free coaching in other reputed institutions as well. Delhi state government will bear entire the fees of the students. These schemes are operational by the welfare of students of SC, ST, OBC and minority communities, Delhi government.
However, these two initiatives were launched at an event at Chhatrasal Stadium on December 6, by the CM of Delhi with members of the communities.
Main highlights of Free Coaching Scheme
- This scheme will provide coaching for engineering and medical entrances as well as Central and State government-held exams for various services.
- Subsequently, the beneficiary students will be selected from 75 % of government schools while 25 % students of private schools.
- Moreover, the students whose family income is under or below Rs. 2 lakh annually. The Delhi government will bear 100% of the fees.
- Besides, the students whose family income is between Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 8 lakh per annum. The government will pay coaching fees upto a max. limit of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Under the scheme, the state government will cover around 5000 students every year.
Changes in Quantum of Fees for Delhi SC / ST Free Coaching Scheme
The admissible coaching fees in respect of various courses would be as under:-
— Civil Service (Preliminary) / State Civil Services (Preliminary) = Rs. 1.5 lakh (Min. 5 Months)
— Civil Service (Mains) / State Civil Services (Main) = Rs. 1.5 lakh (Min. 4 Months)
— Entrance Examination for engineering, medical courses = Rs. 1 lakh (Min. 4 Months)
— Bank PO and related exams = Rs. 50,000 (Min. 4 Months)
— SSC Examinations = Rs. 25,000 (Min 4 months)
Apart from financial assistance towards coaching, beneficiaries are also paid a stipend of Rs 2,500.