Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022: CM Naveen Patnaik has laid foundation of a much awaited mega water supply project under Buxi Jagabandhu Assured Water Supply to Habitations (BASUDHA) scheme. Odisha govt. launches mega pipe water scheme to supply potable piped water of 147 water scarce villages of Puri and Ganjam districts. The primary objective of the Basudha scheme is to provide adequate safe water to rural people for drinking and domestic purposes on a sustainable basis.
Basudha project was launched on 23 November 2018 at a function organized at Salt Ground in Huma town in Ganjam district through video conferencing. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the Odisha Basudha Scheme.
Basudha Scheme Allocation in Odisha Budget 2022
Now we will firstly describe the announcement about Basudha Scheme in Odisha Budget 2021-22.
- A massive investment of Rs. 12,000 crore for piped drinking water which includes Rs. 2,419 crore under BASUDHA, Rs. 6,300 crore under Jal Jeevan Mission and Rs. 560 crore towards operation and maintenance of water supply systems.
- Off-budget resources like OMBADC (Rs. 2,150 crore) and DMF (Rs. 665 crore) are employed in convergence mode for piped water supply in 8 mineral bearing districts.
- Rs. 395 crore is proposed under Odisha Integrated Sanitation Improvement Project, Rs. 160 crore under Urban Sewerage, Rs. 190 crore under Urban Sanitation, and Rs. 215 crore under the Swachha Bharat Scheme to keep our cities clean.
- Individual Household Latrine (IHHL) being provided to make every village and habitation Open Defecation Free (ODF) certified. Rs. 200 crore is provided for the rural component of the Swachh Bharat Mission
- Rs. 30 crore is provided to expand the coverage of beneficiaries under the Menstrual Hygiene Scheme KHUSHI‐Distribution of sanitary napkins.
Portable Piped Water Supply to All – Mega Pipe Water Scheme
Under Basudha Scheme, the state govt. is going to provide drinking water to 147 villages which includes 55 in Ganjam block and 92 in Krushnaprasad block. This mega Pipe Water Scheme (PWS) will be implemented by the Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water Department.
Hyderabad-based GVPR Engineers Limited will executed this project and is expected to benefit water scarce villages of Puri and Ganjam districts. The plant will source water from Rushikulya river with an estimated cost of around Rs. 203 crore.
Basudha Yojana Helpline Number
CM has also launched the Basudha helpline number 1916 which is dedicated grievance management initiative for rural water supply in the state. People can make complaints regarding drinking water supply in rural areas at this helpline number before 6 a.m to 6 p.m. All the grievances are going to be addressed in a given time frame.
The BASUDHA scheme was firstly launched in the November 2018 as a tribute to Buxi Jagabandhu with an outlay of Rs. 600 crore. The state government had provided Rs. 1,000 crore for the scheme in 2018-19. Odisha govt. has build 78 state-of-the-art water testing laboratories across Odisha to ensure that the supplied water meets the necessary quality standards. Over 5 lakh samples are being tested in these laboratories in a particular year.
Source / Reference Link: https://finance.odisha.gov.in/sites/default/files/2021-02/Budget%20highlights%202021-22-Eng.pdf