West Bengal government invites WB Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana 2021 online registration form at banglashasyabima.net for farmers. WB state govt. will provide crop insurance to farmers for Kharif 2019, Rabi 2019-2020, Kharif 2020 season under this Bangla Sashya Bima (BSB) Scheme. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details such as Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana registration form, list, how to use insurance calculator and report loss.
West Bengal Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana 2021
Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme 2021 was launched in collaboration with the Agriculture Insurance Company (AIC) of India. Farmers will not have to pay any premium amount to avail the Bangla Shasya Bima Scheme benefits. On behalf of the farmers, the state govt. will bear the Bangla Sasya Bima crop insurance premium. All the Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme beneficiaries would be paid insurance in 4 stages and the amount would be calculated per hectare. The official website for the scheme is https://banglashasyabima.net/ and people can even utilize insurance calculator at the homepage.
Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana Registration / Login at banglashasyabima.net
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website at banglashasyabima.net
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at the “Register” tab present in the header to open the Bangla Fasal Bima online registration form:-
STEP 3: Fill in all the details and click at “Sign Up” tab to proceed to login page as shown below:-
STEP 4: Here applicants can enter the email ID, password, select season and then hit at “Log In” button to make Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana login.
BSB Rabi Application Form PDF Download
At the homepage, click at the “Application Form for Rabi 2021” link present in the header to download BSB Rabi Application Form PDF as shown below:-
WB Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana Apply – Report Crop Loss
Here are the name of the insurance companies along with their toll free number and e-mail ID to apply for Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana. People can simply call on these numbers or send an e-mail to report crop loss in West Bengal.
Kharif Season 2020
Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd., Toll Free – 1800 572 0258, E-mail ID – [email protected]
Rabi Season 2019-2020
- National Insurance Company Limited, Toll Free – 1800 345 0330, E-mail ID – [email protected]
- United India Insurance Company Limited, Toll Free – 1800 345 8237, E-mail ID – [email protected]
Kharif Season 2019
- Agriculture Insurance Company of India Limited, Toll Free – 1800116515, E-mail ID – [email protected]
- The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd., Toll Free – 9000168717, E-mail ID – [email protected]
Check Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana Application Status
The link to check is available at the official website. At the homepage, click at the “Application Status – Know your application status on every step” or directly click at https://banglashasyabima.net/application_status. Then the page to check Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana Application Status will appear as shown below:-
Here applicants can click at the “Application ID” and then click at the “Search” button to know Bangla Shashya Bima Yojana application status.
Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana Search Voter Card – Download Insurance Certificate
In order to perform Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana search voter card, visit the official website at banglashasyabima.net. Then at the official website, click at the Farmer’s Corner section or directly click at https://banglashasyabima.net/voter_search
The page to search details of Farmers Crop Insurance (Fasal Bima) through voter card and download insurance certificate will appear as shown below:-
Here enter the voter card number, select season, year and then click at “Search” button to know details of Farmers Crop Insurance Scheme in West Bengal and download insurance certificate.
Salient Features of WB Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana
Here are the important features and highlights of Bangla Shasya Bima (BSB) Scheme:-
- Type of Scheme – Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana is a crop insurance scheme for farmers.
- Company to Provide Insurance – Agriculture Insurance Company of India.
- Districts Covered – Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Purba Bardhaman, Paschim Bardhaman, Purba Medinipur, Malda, Hooghly, Nadia, Murshidabad, Cooch Behar, Birbhum, Purulia, Dakshin Dinajpur, North 24 Parganas and South 24 Parganas.
- Premium Amount – Free of cost for farmers as WB state govt. will pay full premium
- Crops Covered for Insurance – BSB scheme in West Bengal to cover aman paddy, aus paddy, jute and maize.
- Eligible Beneficiaries – All farmers taking loans (granted / applied for) and even those not taking loans can avail Bangla Shasya Bima Scheme insurance benefits.
- Stages for Payment of Insurance – Under West Bengal Bangla Shashya Bima Yojana, the insurance would be paid in 4 stages as mentioned below:-
- For any losses suffered during planting
- Losses suffered during cultivation
- The losses occurred during the period post-cutting when crops are lying in the field
- Losses caused due to adverse weather situations.
- Amount Calculation – The state govt. of West Bengal will decide the amount of insurance which would be calculated on per hectare basis.
This BSB crop insurance scheme will enable farmers to cover up their losses in case their crops gets damaged due to any reason. The state govt. wants to raise the annual income of the farmers and to enable them to lead a life of dignity and honour. Farmers plays a very important role in the GDP of the state as well of the entire country. So, the state govt. is focusing on raising their living standards which will ensure higher GDP in the coming years.
Furthermore, West Bengal govt. wants to reduce the suicide rate of farmers which occurs when farmers suffers from losses in agriculture. West Bengal Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana will also prevent farmers from falling into debt trap.
Helpline Number for Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana
- Direct Helpline Number – 8336900632, 8373094077, 8336957181
- For any Insurance claim related query contact here: 18005720258 (10 am to 6 pm), [email protected]
- For any technical related issue of BSB portal and mobile application, please drop an email at [email protected]
For more details, visit the official website at https://banglashasyabima.net/