West Bengal government was inviting WB Prachesta Prakalpa Scheme 2022 apply online form at wb.gov.in. The new scheme namely Prachesta was earlier launched on 10 April 2020 to provide financial assistance to such labourer / daily wage earner / worker who had lost employment or livelihood opportunities due to outbreak of Corona Virus (COVID-19). People were able to download WB Prochesta Prokolpo Application Form PDF from the official website at wb.gov.in.
West Bengal Prachesta Prakalpa Scheme Latest Updates
The labourers, daily wage earners, workers in unorganized sector does not have any alternative sustainable source of income and are passing through extreme distress were able to apply. The financial assistance of one time ex-gratia payment of Rs. 1,000 was provided to each such person. For this purpose, people needs to download WB Prachesta Prakalpa registration / application form PDF and submit it to the concerned authorities.
Check the Prochesta Prokolpo apply offline process, eligibility criteria, where to submit application form and complete details. The start date to apply for Prachesta scheme was 15 April 2020 while last date to apply was 15 May 2020.
WB Prochesta Prokolpo Application Form PDF Download Online
Now this process to apply for Prachesta Scheme is not relevant. Below was the complete process of how to download WB Prochesta Prokolpo application form in PDF format:-
STEP 1: Firstly applicants had to visit the official govt. of West Bengal website at https://wb.gov.in/
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at the “Know More” tab under ‘Prachesta‘ section as shown below:-
STEP 3: Direct Link – https://wb.gov.in/upload/MCLNEWS-200420181145543.pdf
STEP 4: Accordingly, the WB Prochesta Prokolpo Application Form PDF got displayed as shown below:-
STEP 5: Here applicants were to enter their personal details, contact details, bank account details to completely fill up the application form. A recent passport size photograph was also to be affixed and signature were to be placed on this form.
All the intended beneficiaries under the Prachesta Scheme of West Bengal had to apply by filling the registration / application form and submitting it personally. No bulk applications were accepted.
Availability of WB Prachesta Prakalpa Registration Form Offline
For all those candidates who were finding it difficult to download the Prachesta Prakalpa Scheme application form PDF as mentioned above, obtaining the form offline was an option. The application form was to be obtained free of cost from the following offices:-
A) Office of the District Magistrate or offices designated by the District Magistrate
B) Office of the Commissioner, Kolkata Municipal Corporation
Eligibility Criteria for WB Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme
All the applicants were to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to become eligible for Prachesta Scheme in West Bengal:-
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The labourer / daily wage earner / unorganized sector worker must be the sole bread winner of the family.
- He / She must not be an existing beneficiary of the state govt’s social security scheme like old age pension, widow pension, disability pension, Samajik Suraksha Yojana (SSY).
- Only 1 person from a single family would be eligible. Single family includes husband, wife and unmarried children.
- District Magistrate / KMC Commissioner should be satisfied that applicant has lost his employment / livelihood opportunity due to COVID-19 lockdown. Moreover, applicant does not have any alternate source of income.
- District Magistrate / KMC Commissioner should also has reason to believe that labourers / daily wage earners / workers is passing through extreme distress.
Submission of Filled Up WB Prochesta Prokolpo Application Form
Each applicant who wanted to avail assistance was to submit the filled in Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme application form along with the necessary documents to:-
1) The District Magistrate in district areas.
2) The Commissioner, Kolkata Municipal Corporation in case applicant is residing in the Kolkata Municipal Corporation area.
After receiving the application, a preliminary enquiry was made by the District Magistrate / Commissioner of KMC to ensure eligibility under the scheme. Labour department of West Bengal was the nodal department to implement this Prachesta scheme.
Digitization of WB Prachesta Scheme Beneficiaries
All the eligible applications were digitized and uploaded in the “Prachesta link” in the state portal which can be accessed using the link – https://wb.gov.in/
As the digitization process was over, the WB Prachesta Prakalpa Scheme list of beneficiaries was forwarded to the Labour dept. for sanction of assistance amount.