A new nri.up.gov.in portal has been launched for Non Resident Indians by CM Yogi Adityanath on 24 August 2020. At this portal, people can apply online for UP NRI Card, Overseas Employment, grievance registration and other online services. NRIs especially from Uttar Pradesh will be benefited as it will not only bring in investment but also assist those seeking jobs abroad. In this article, we will tell you about the registration / application form filling process for UP NRI Card & Overseas Employment.
The nri.up.gov.in website will also provide a platform for NRIs keen to know about their roots or those seeking help from the UP government related to their homes or families in the state. Chief Minister mentioned that NRI Department portal would stop Indians from getting defrauded or end up being harassed abroad in the name of jobs.
UP NRI Card 2020 – How to Apply Online
Below is the complete process of how to apply online and fill UP NRI Card registration / application form:-
- Step 1: Firstly visit the official NRI department website at http://nri.up.gov.in/
- Step 2: At the homepage, click at the “Apply for NRI Card” link under ‘Services of Department” section or directly click at http://nri.up.gov.in/upnri-app/ link as shown here.
- Step 3: Upon clicking this link, the UP NRI Card Apply Online page will open comprising of the NRI Login / प्रवासी भारतीय लॉगिन and new user registration link. At this page, click at the “Click Here for New Registration” link as shown here.
- Step 4: Then the “NRI Registration / प्रवासी भारतीय पंजीकरण” page which will be the UP NRI Card online registration form will appear as shown below:-
- Step 5: Here applicants can enter their basic details such as name, date of birth, passport number, current residing country, mobile number, email ID, interest and click at the “Register” button.
- Step 6: After successful registration, each applicant will get a ‘User ID‘ and ‘Password‘ with which they can make login at the page opened in Step 3 above.
In order to check the UP NRI Card application form filling process in detail, click the link – Guidelines to Use NRI Portal
Apply for Overseas Employment at UP NRI Portal
Here is the complete process to apply for Overseas Employment at the UP NRI Portal:-
- Step 1: Firstly visit the same official UP NRI department website at http://nri.up.gov.in/
- Step 2: At the homepage, click at the “Apply for Overseas Employment” link under ‘Services of Department” section or directly click at http://nri.up.gov.in/upnri-app/ link as shown here.
- Step 3: On clicking this link, the UP Overseas Employment Apply Online page will open comprising of the NRI Login / प्रवासी भारतीय लॉगिन and new user registration link. At this page, click at the “Click Here for Overseas Employment” link as shown here.
- Step 4: The complete application process showing page for UP Jobseekers for Overseas Recruitment will appear as shown below:-
- Step 5: At this page, click at the “Job Seeker Registration” link to open the NRI UP Overseas Employment online registration form as shown below:-
- Here applicants can enter their job title, name of applicant, father’s name, residential / correspondence address, mobile no, e-mail address, gender, marital status, educational / professional qualification, name of trade, skills acquired, experience, passport details, countries in which job is required, resume, image, signature.
Upon entering the information, click at the “Submit” button to complete the Overseas Employment Apply Online process at NRI UP Portal.
Grievance Redressal / Helpline Number for UP NRI Department
The Grievance Redressal Mechanism: A dedicated Grievance Redressal Portal to ensure timely disposal of all grievances of NRIs/ PIOs/ OCIs and migrants belonging to the state of Uttar Pradesh. The portal provides real time status of the grievances file. Information about the district and the police station which are handling the grievance will be available online. Here are the helpline number for any person who is feeling any difficulty or technical issue in availing any service at the UP NRI department official website.
- For Services, Schemes & Policies related issues, feel free to contact at +91 522 4954646, 4042663.
- People can even mail your query at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need any technical assistance regarding UP NRI Portal then contact technical helpline number +91 522 4150500.
Official Launch of UP Govt. NRI Portal by CM Yogi Adityanath
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has officially launched UP Govt. NRI Portal at nri.up.gov.in. This NRI dept. official website would not only help in investment in UP but would also provide an opportunity for those who want to go abroad. The portal would prove to be helpful to overseas Indians and NRIs to get their problems resolved with local administration or state government. CM mentioned that “There are many who are living abroad but are in constant touch with their village and family. But because they are abroad, they could not find a platform to help their families resolve their local problem – problems related to their house, issues with local administration. This portal would provide that platform as well.”
NRI UP Gov Portal to Promote Tourism
Just like Maha Kumbh organized in Prayagraj, Yogi said that NRI UP Gov Portal will help in promoting tourism in the way Kumbh was publicised. The branding of events not only changes perception about Uttar Pradesh state but also help promote events like Deepotsava in Ayodhya, Dev Deepawali in Varanasi, Holi in Barsana. Similar to Gujarat NRIs who are famous, the UP state has many NRIs. It includes a large section of the labour force in the Middle East along with others living in different parts of the world who wish to contribute in their own way to the state.
Chief Minister had recent interaction with ambassadors of different countries like France, Japan, South Korea. They suggested that there should be tourism packages as per the interest of the people of their country. Such packages would also be displayed on this portal, which would act as an interactive platform for NRIs for all their problems. Last year, many had shown interest in Deepotsava in Ayodhya and therefore we have decided to stream those cultural events live on this portal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the UP NRI Portal:-
What is the official link to access UP NRI Portal
The official link to access UP NRI portal is nri.up.gov.in
Who launches this Uttar Pradesh NRI Department Website & When
This UP NRI department website is officially launched by CM Yogi Adityanath on 24 August 2020.
What are the online services available at the UP NRI Portal
NRI Department of UP provides online services of apply for UP NRI Card, UP Pravasi Bhartiya Ratna Puraskar, participate in UP NRI Divas, register grievance, ask queries, provide feedback & suggestions, apply for Overseas Employment.
Who qualifies to apply for UP NRI Card
All those Non-resident Indians who belongs to Uttar Pradesh state can apply for UP NRI Card. This will bring investment in UP state.
Who can apply for Overseas Employment
All those people residing in Uttar Pradesh state who are seeking jobs abroad can apply for Overseas Employment online services.
For more details, visit the official NRI Department of Uttar Pradesh website at nri.up.gov.inSAVE AS PDF