Online application forms for Vidya Lakshmi education loan scheme are being invited through the official portal of the scheme. Under the scheme, the students will get education loan facility for higher studies in several recognized colleges / universities in India. This scheme was launched by finance ministry of India in August 2015. The needy students can make online registration at Vidhya Lakshmi portal at www.vidyalakshmi.co.in.
Under the Vidyalakshmi education loan scheme, all the students from all over the country will be able to get education loan from several private as well as public sector banks in India. The students can fill the online application form for education loan by going to the Vidhya Lakshmi portal at vidyalakshmi.co.in. This portal has been developed under the patronage of Ministry of Finance & Ministry of Human Resource Development along with Indian Banks Association.
Moreover, on the portal, the student will get all details in pertaining of various loan schemes and facilities for pursuing higher education. This portal is a first of its kind portal for students who are seeking education loan for higher studies. The student can make their registration at official website vidyalakshmi.co.in as per the given below procedure.
Online Application Form for Vidya Lakshmi Education Loan
Below is the step by step procedure to fill Vidya Lakshmi education loan online application form
- Visit at the official website at www.vidyalakshmi.co.in
- If the student already have an account on the portal, just login to make the application. Otherwise click on Register link.
- Fill all the details in the registration / sign up form, click on terms and conditions link to read the T&C’s and accept it by clicking the checkbox and then click “Submit” button at the bottom of the form.
- After registration, candidate will get a link on their email – id. By using the link, candidate can login using his/her email and password.
- Here the student have to click on Loan Application Form or can click on “Search for loan scheme”. A new tab will open. .
- On this tab, student can search the all details of loan scheme by filling the details as shown in the image above.
- Afterward, click on “Loan Application Form”, an application form will appear on the screen where the student have to fill all the required details.
- After filling the details click on “Submit” button.
Below given a screenshot of all the options on the portal
A reference / application number will be provided to all the students after completing the application. This reference number can later be used to check the status of the application or by clicking on “Application Status” link in the user login dashboard.
List of Banks for Vidya Lakshmi Education Loan
However, as per the Vidya Lakshmi Portal, there are 41 banks in total which are registered to provide education loan under the scheme. Below is the list of 29 major private and public sector banks which are providing education loan under Vidya Lakshmi Scheme. Interest rate for the loan may vary from bank to bank.
|S. No.||Bank Name|
|3||Bank of Baroda|
|4||Bank of India|
|5||Bank Of Maharastra|
|6||Bharatiya Mahila Bank|
|9||central Bank of India|
|13||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|14||Punjab & Sind Bank|
|15||Punjab National Bank|
|16||State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur|
|17||State Bank of Hyderabad|
|18||State Bank of India|
|19||State bank of Mysore|
|20||State Bank of Travancore|
|23||Union Bank of India|
|24||United Bank of India|
|26||Axis Bank Ltd|
|29||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
The interested candidate can also make Call or Fax on Tel – (022) 2499 4200 and Fax – (022) 2497 6351. They can also mail on their email id [email protected] for any query about the scheme, application process or anything else.
For more information, please visit the official Vidya Lakshmi Portal at www.vidyalakshmi.co.in.