Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin has been approved by the Narendra Modi Government on 23rd March in a cabinet meeting. The rural housing scheme will help achieve housing for all by 2022 in Rural areas across the country.
Latest Update – Beneficiaries can check their IAY / PMAYG Beneficiary Details or SECC Family Member details using the link – IAY / PMAYG Beneficiary & SECC Family Member Details. Also, All India Final BPL List 2018 is now available – Click Here
To address the gap in rural housing and in view of Government’s commitment to provide “Housing for All” by 2022, the scheme of IAY has been re-structured into Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) w.e.f. 1st April, 2016.
UPDATE – Number of homes to be constructed under PMAY-G has been increased by 33% from 3 Crore to 4 Crore by the year 2022. Read more about the revised PMAY-G targets.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin will be implemented in rural areas across the country except Delhi and Chandigarh. Below are the highlights of the housing for all by 2022 – Rural.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin – Highlights
- Government to construct 1 crore pucca (permanent) houses for the rural poor in the next three years.
- A total of 4 Crore homes would be constructed under PMAY-G in rural areas across the country by the year 2022.
- The scheme is expected to boost job creation in rural areas.
- The project will be implemented in a span of three years from 2016-17 to 2018-19 with a budget of Rs. 81,975 crore.
- Of the total estimated expenditure, Rs. 60,000 crore will come from budgetary allocations and the remaining through Nabard.
- The cost of unit (house) assistance is to be shared between central and state governments in the ratio 60:40 in plain areas and 90:10 for north-eastern and hilly states.
- Beneficiaries of the rural houses would be chosen according to data taken from the Socio-Economic Caste Census of 2011
- An allowance of Rs. 120,000 in plain areas and Rs. 130,000 in hilly areas will be provided for construction of homes.
- The unit size will be enhanced from the existing 20 sq.mt. to up to 25 sq.mt. including a dedicated area for hygienic cooking.
- Provision of toilets at Rs. 12000/- and 90/95 days of unskilled wage labour under MGNREGA over and above the unit cost.
- Funds will be transferred electronically directly to the account of the beneficiary.
- The beneficiary would be facilitated to avail loan of up to 70000 rupees for construction of the house which is optional.
- Special Projects to be sanctioned to states based on situational exigencies and special needs.
- NEW UPDATE: Home loans up to Rs. 2 Lakh taken in 2017 for maintenance or up-gradation of homes under PM Awas Yojana – Gramin will receive interest subvention of 3%.
The scheme is also expected to generate employment in the rural areas, especially in the construction sector which is currently the 2nd largest employers in India.
PMAY-G Home Loan Scheme 2017
Narendra Modi on 31st December 2016 has announced new home loan scheme for PM Awas Yojana – Gramin beneficiaries. Under the new home loan scheme, the beneficiaries will be provided interest subvention of 3% on home loan of up to Rs. 2 Lakh taken in 2017 for new house construction or extension of housing in rural areas.
Find complete details about the PMAY-G home loan scheme 2017 such as subsidy, interest rates and EMI calculation.
हिंदी में पढ़ें: प्रधान मंत्री आवास योजना – ग्रामीण
PMAY-G Selection of Beneficiaries
Identification and selection of beneficiaries shall be done by the community through the Gram Sabha, from the SECC 2011 list, based on the housing deficiency and other social deprivation parameters. The government follows a 6 step process to prepare the final list of beneficiaries of PMAY-G. The six steps are as below:
There are 13 automatic exclusion parameters based upon the candidates from the original SECC data list will be removed as follows:
- Motorized two/three/four wheeler/ fishing boat
- Mechanized three/ four wheeler agricultural equipment
- Kisan Credit Card with credit limit of Rs.50,000 or above
- Household with any member as a Government employee
- Households with non-agricultural enterprises registered with the Government
- Any member of the family earning more than Rs.10,000 per month
- Paying income tax
- Paying professional tax
- Own a refrigerator
- Own landline phone
- Own 2.5 acres or more of irrigated land with at least one irrigation equipment
- 5 acres or more of irrigated land for two or more crop seasons
- Owning at least 7.5 acres of land or more with at least one irrigation equipment
After this, the list of eligible candidates will come out and be categorized into two sub groups.
Definition of Kutcha House
Houses with kutcha wall – Houses where the material used for wall is Grass/thatch/bamboo or plastic/polythene or mud/unburnt brick or wood or stone not packed with mortar.
Houses with kutcha roof – Houses where the material used for roof is Grass/thatch/bamboo/wood/mud or plastic/polythene or handmade tiles.
The complete draft of the PMAY-G can be downloaded from this link.
The status reports of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) can be viewed on the official website at http://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/Home.aspx
Under the parent scheme, PM Awas Yojana – Urban, the government aims to develop 20 million homes by the year 2022. The government so far has sanctioned the construction of more than 5 lakh homes under the scheme.