|PDF Name||PM USP Yojana 2023 Guidelines PDF|
|Last Updated||April 14, 2023|
|No. of Pages||4|
|PDF Size||0.35 MB|
|Topic / Tag||Govt Scheme Guidelines|
|Source(s) / Credits||Sarkari Yojana|
Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan Yojana or PM USP Yojana 2023 guidelines available to download in PDF format at scholarships.gov.in.
About PM USP Yojana
This PM-USP Yojana aims to provide financial assistance to students belonging to poor families to bear their expenses while pursuing higher education. The scholarships are awarded by Ministry of Education, Government of India on the basis of results of Higher Secondary / Class XII Board Examination.
PM Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan Yojana Eligibility
- Students who are above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent;
- Pursuing regular degree courses and not correspondence or distance mode or pursuing Diploma courses;
- Pursuing courses at colleges/institutions recognized by All India Council for Technical Education and respective Regulatory Bodies concerned;
- Not availing benefit of any other scholarship schemes including State run scholarship schemes/ fee waiver & reimbursement scheme;
- Students with gross parental/family income upto Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum are eligible for scholarship under the scheme. Income certificate will be required only for the fresh applicants;
- Student changing his/ her college/institute of study will be allowed to continue/renew the scholarship provided the course of study and the institution is having valid AISHE Code; The AISHE code can be checked in the portal https://aishe.gov.in/aishe/aisheCode
- Students who missed to apply for renewal of application online on NSP will be allowed to apply for renewal of scholarship for subsequent year on NSP, if he/she fulfils eligibility condition for renewal;
- For renewal of scholarship in each year of study, besides getting at least 50% marks in the Annual Examination, maintenance of adequate attendance of at least 75%, will also be the criteria. Complaints against the student regarding any in disciplined or criminal behaviour including any complaints of having indulged in ragging, will lead to forfeiture of scholarship;
- Beneficiaries/ Applicants under the scheme must apply online in the National Scholarships Portal (www.scholarships.gov.in) for the fresh/ renewal scholarships. Fresh/Renewal applications sent directly to the Ministry of Education shall not be accepted.