Tripura government has launched Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana 2023 for students. In this scheme, the state govt. will provide Rs. 5000 to all students who are in undergraduate courses to buy smartphones. In this article, we will tell you about the important aspects of the CM Yuva Jogajog Yojna. Here will tell you about Free Smartphone Distribution Scheme registration process, merit list, selection process, eligibility criteria and other important details. These details would serve the purpose of information in case you want to enroll yourself under Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana.
About Tripura Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana 2023
Tripura govt. has decided to provide 5000 rupees to the students who are in their final year of graduate courses. Through the implementation of this scheme, the state govt. wants to ensure that the students have access to the internet through that they can open the doors to digitalization.
Latest Update of Distribution of Grant for Free Smartphone Scheme
Keeping its pre-poll promise ahead of the last assembly elections, the Tripura government has announced that it will provide smartphones to more 15,000 undergraduate students under the Mukhyamantri Yuva Yogajug Yojana. Education minister Ratan Lal Nath said 15,000 final-year students will be selected from 40 educational institutions, including 22 government degree colleges and two universities, and each of them will receive Rs 5000 for buying a smartphone in the current financial year.
The scheme was introduced last year and 7,274 students had received the amount and Rs. 3.67 crore was disbursed for this purpose. This year, the budget allocation for the scheme has been increased to Rs. 7.50 crore.
Tripura Smartphone Scheme Details
|Name of Scheme||Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana|
|Launched by||Department of Industries and Commerce|
|Beneficiaries||Students of under graduate (UG) courses|
|Objective||To provide grant to enable students to purchase Smartphone|
|Launch date||6th May 2020|
Benefits of Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana
The Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana has several benefits which a student of final year of UG courses can avail. The first benefit is the availability of Rs. 5,000. This financial assistance would be applicable to all students who are completing their graduation courses. Also with this grant amount of Rs. 5000, students would be able to buy smartphones and open doors to digitalization. Through the implementation of the CM Yuva Yogayog Yojana, the student will be able to get employment through internet platforms.
Objective of Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana
In the digital world, everyone needs a smartphone. So, the govt. of Tripura has started Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana with the objective of providing smartphones to the final year students who can not afford it. Earlier in May 2021, the council of ministers took decision of providing 15,000 final year students in 40 higher educational institutions and an amount estimated is Rs 7.50 crore to be spent purpose.As per the commitment in the ‘Vision Document’, Mukhyamantri Yuva Yugayug Yojana was launched in the 2020-21 fiscal year and 7,274 students of final year were given smartphones spending an amount of Rs 3.67 crore, he added.
Eligibility Criteria for Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana
To be eligible for the scheme, the student must follow the following Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana eligibility criteria given below:-
- The student must be a resident of Tripura state.
- Student must be studying in a college present in Tripura state.
- A student must be in the final year of the course to become eligible for Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana.
- The scheme is not applicable for students who are getting their degree from the colleges which are not in the state.
- The student can avail the benefits of Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana once in the lifetime.
- Applicant must buy a smartphone after the transfer of grant in his/ her name.
List of Documents Required for Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana
Following documents are required to attach while filling out Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana application form for scheme:-
- Voter ID card
- Aadhar card
- Educational certificate
- College registration form
- Working mobile number
- Working email ID
Tripura Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana Registration Process
To apply for the Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana, applicants will have to follow the further mentioned procedure:-
- First of all, visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal at https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Then go to the new registration option or directly click
- A new page appears on the screen, read all the details and tick the checkbox.
- Select the continue option and registration form appears on the screen.
- Login with ID and Password if you are already registered with the portal.
- Thereafter you have to fill the application form after choosing the scheme you are applying for.
- Upload the necessary documents and “Submit” the application form.
Important Points to Remember
- People must take a print out of the Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana application form for any future reference.
- Fill the details in the CM Yuva Yogayog Scheme application correctly with utmost care.
- People must crosscheck the information before submitting the Free Smartphone Distribution Scheme form.
How to Apply Online for Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana
Under the Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana (MYYY), the scheme provides grant of Rs 5000/- each to the final year college students of the state for purchasing smartphones, with a view to empower them digitally and help them leverage the advantages of an interconnected world.
For FY 2021-22, applications are invited from the eligible candidates through bms.tripura.gov.in. The start date for online application for free smartphone scheme in Tripura was 6 December 2021 while last date to apply online is 7 January 2022. In financial year 2021-22, grant of Rs 5000 will be provided to 15,000 final year students of Tripura for the procurement of smart phone. During the financial year 2020-21, a total 8,893 of college students throughout the state have applied and 7,274 of final year students got the benefit under the scheme.
Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana List of Colleges
- Agartala Government Medical College
- Ambedkar College
- Bir Bikram Memorial College
- College of Agriculture
- The College of Fisheries, Lembucherrra (Id: C-26834)
- College of Teacher Education, Kumarghat, Unakoti District. (Id: C-54019)
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- Dasarathdeb Memorial College
- Government College of Art and Craft
- The Government Degree College, Dharmanagar (Id: C-9575)
- Government Degree College, Amarpur
- Government Degree College, Kamalpur (Id: C-9579)
- The Government Degree College, Khumlwng
- Government Degree College, Gandacharra
- The Government Degree College, Kanchanpur
- Government Degree College, Longtarai Valley
- Government Degree College, Santirbazer
- The Government Degree College, Teliamura
- Government Law College
- Institute of Advance Studies in Education
- Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar College
- KabiNazrulMahavidyalaya (Id: C-9601)
- Maharaja Bir Bikram College
- Maharaja Bir Bikram University, Agartala
- Micheal Madhusudan Datta College
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Agartala
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- Netaji Subhas Mahavidyalaya
- Rabindra Nath Thakur Mahavidyalaya, Sepahijala
- Ramkrishna Mahavidyala
- Regional College of Physical Education
- Regional Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology
- Sachin Deb Barman Memorial Music College
- Swami Vivekananda Mahavidyalaya, Mohanpur
- Tripura Institute of Technology
- Tripura University, Agartala
- Women’s College
How to Check Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana Merit List
Around 15,000 students from 40 educational institutions have been selected to be given grant under Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana. These students are from 22 government degree colleges in Tripura. The state govt has not yet disclosed the merit list of selected students. We will update here all students name as soon as government Tripura state government will release it officially. Till then, you can the details of the scheme from this article and keep visiting this page for regular updates.
Uploading of Mobile Invoice with Mukhyamantri Yuva Yogayog Yojana Online Application Form
Yes, students must upload the GST-enabled Invoice of the purchased mobile in the portal, which has to be duly counter-signed & stamped by the Government College/ Institute/ University Authority, with a Verification Remarks. In addition, the Applicant must also upload His/ Her Photograph, “Last Year Mark-sheet” and Bank Account document indicating His/ Her Name, Account No. & IFSC Code.
The Invoice must contain “GST Account No. of the Seller”, “Name & Address of Shop from where Purchased”, “Name of the Buyer (which could be the student or his/her Parents)”, IMEI No. of the Mobile Set, Date of Purchase, and Purchase Amount.
Additionally, the Applicant shall enter the Purchase Amount in the “Miscellaneous Fee (Other Than Admission/ Tuition Fee)” field provided in NSP 2.0 during Application. This is to re-iterate that the Government College/ Institute/ University Authority, shall
duly verify that all the stated information are legibly recorded on the Invoice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes
No. Only the student’s presently pursuing final year course in undergraduate degree in any Government College / Institute / University in Tripura.
Can the students apply anytime during the year
No. Students can only apply online on the National Scholarship Portal at https://scholarships.gov.in, for a particular time period, as notified by the “Government of Tripura”, from time to time.
Are all courses covered under the ambit of the scheme
No, the benefit will be awarded to all Undergraduate Degree Courses only.
Are students enrolled in private universities (not funded by either Central or State Government) eligible to apply
Are only final year undergraduate students eligible to apply
Yes, only those students who presently pursuing final year course in undergraduate degree in any Government College/ Institute/ University in Tripura are eligible to apply.
Is it mandatory that invoice of the purchased mobile must be in the name of student
No, name of the parents of the student also be permitted.
Is there any need for uploading of “Previous Year’s Marksheet” along with the online application form
Yes, students have to upload Marksheet of last semester or both semester of Previous Year.
Are the students who have enrolled in some course in distance mode considered eligible for award of benefit
No. these categories of students will not be considered for award of benefit.
Is there any minimum mark for grant of “Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana”
Download Guidelines of Mukhyamantri Yuva Yogayog Yojna
The Mukhyamantri Yuva Yogayog Guidelines are now available in PDF format, which can be checked using the link –