Haryana government has launched Mukhyamantri Tirth Darshan Yojana on 5 May 2023. Under this scheme, the state govt will bear the travel expenses of pilgrimage to Ayodhya for people aged 60 years and above. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of new Teerth Darshan Yojana in Haryana.
Haryana Mukhyamantri Tirth Darshan Yojana 2023
Chief Minister started Mukhyamantri Tirth Darshan Yojana on 5 May 2023 (also happens to be CM’s birthday) in which state govt. will bear all travel expenses of passengers. While launching the Teerth Darshan Yojana, CM flagged off the first batch of buses carrying around 200 people from Panchkula. These buses took the beneficiaries to Ambala Cantt and from there, they travelled to Ayodhya via train. The trip concluded on 8th May 2023.
“Tirth Darshan” is commonly used in India, particularly in relation to religious tourism. “Tirth” refers to pilgrimage sites, and “Darshan” means to have a sight or view of a deity or holy place. Several state governments in India have initiated various schemes and programs to promote religious tourism, such as providing financial assistance or subsidizing travel expenses for pilgrims visiting sacred sites. Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana will be implemented across the entire Haryana state.
Haryana Tirth Darshan Yojana Overview
|Name of Scheme||Mukhyamantri Tirth Darshan Yojana|
|Who Launch it||CM Manohar Lal Khattar|
|Implementation Department||Tourism Department, Haryana|
|Eligible Beneficiaries||Senior Citizens above 60 years of age|
|Assistance||Govt. to bear expenditure of pilgrims to travel to religious place|
Eligibility Criteria for Chief Minister Tirth Darshan Yojana in Haryana
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Haryana state.
- Applicants can belong to either Below Poverty Line (BPL) or Non-BPL category.
- He / She must be a senior citizen i.e above 60 years of age.
- For BPL category people, entire tirth yatra would be free i.e full expenditure will be borne by the state government.
- For Non-BPL category people, 70% expenditure would be borne by the Haryana govt. while rest 30% would be borne by the beneficiary himself.
- The beneficiaries of CM Tirth Yatra yojana would be selected through draw.
List of Documents Required for CM Tirth Darshan Yojana
- Residence Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate
- BPL Card
- Recent passport size photograph
Where to get Haryana Mukhyamantri Tirth Darshan Yojana Application Form PDF – From Tehsil / SDM Office / DC Office