MP Pashudhan Bima Yojana 2023 has been launched by the Madhya Pradesh government. This scheme offers insurance coverage to indigenous cattle owned by farmers. Pashu Dhan Bima Yojana would help such pashupalak kisan in mitigating the loss they suffered due to death of cattle. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the Madhya Pradesh Pashudhan Beema Yojna.
MP Pashudhan Bima Yojana 2023
Here are the details which are available till date about the MP Pashudhan Bima Yojana as announced by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
How to Get Pashu Dhan Bima Yojana Insurance Benefits
Here is how a beneficiary from either APL or BPL or SC or ST category would be able to get Pashu Dhan Bima Yojana insurance benefits:-
- Cattle Owners will have to inform the insurance company about the death of the insured cattle within 24 hours.
- The doctors from the Animal Husbandry Department would perform an autopsy of the cattle’s body.
- Doctors will then prepare a report in which the cause of death of the cattle would also be mentioned.
- The officials will have to submit the insurance claim to the insurance company within 1 month duration.
- The insurance company will have to settle the claim of the Pashudhan Bima Yojana beneficiaries in 15 days.
How Many Animals Could Be Insured in Pashu Bima Yojana MP
Each cattle owner beneficiary of the Pashu Bima Yojana MP can insure 5 animals. Around 10 animals in the category of sheep, goat, cow, buffalo etc. are counted as 1 unit, therefore cattle owners can insure 50 animals at a time. Now check the subsidy amount which APL, BPL, SC, ST category beneficiaries will get on their insurance premium.
Duration of Insurance Coverage in Pashudhan Bima Yojana
The maximum rate of insurance premium would be 3% for one year and 7.5% for three years. The cattle owners can insure their cattle for one to three years.
The cattle owners in the various categories would get subsidy on insurance premium on the following basis:-
- Above Poverty Line category: APL category cattle owners would get a 50% subsidy on insurance premium.
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) category: BPL category cattle owners would get 70% subsidy on insurance premium.
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes category: All SC / ST beneficiaries will get 70% subsidy on insurance premium.
Implementation of Pashu Dhan Bima Yojana
As per official information, the MP Pashu Dhan Bima Yojana has been implemented across all the districts. Accordingly, the cattle including the milch animals would be covered under Pashu Insurance Scheme.