Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has started Food Safety Mitra (FSM) Scheme 2019 to improve ease of doing business. Now people can apply online to become either Digital Mitra or Hygiene Mitra or Trainer Mitra. The FSM Scheme 2019 online registration process has already started from 26 September 2019 at official website fssai.gov.in/mitra/. All the interested candidates can check FSM scheme eligibility, roles & responsibilities. certification process and details of renewal.
India’s food regulator FSSAI celebrates the World Food Day by launching innovative initiatives to strengthen food safety administration and scale up “Eat Right India” movement. FSSAI is creating an ecosystem of food safety mitras who will assist FBOs with licensing and registration, training and auditing hygiene at different institutions such as schools, colleges and corporate campuses.
All the interested people can now fill Food Safety Mitra Scheme online registration / application form online at official website.
Food Safety Mitra (FSM) Scheme Apply Online Form
Below is the complete process to apply online for Food Safety Mitra (FSM) Scheme 2019:-
- Firstly visit the official FSM scheme portal at fssai.gov.in/mitra/
- At the homepage, click at the “Apply Now” button or directly click this link
- The Food Safety Mitra (FSM) Scheme apply online form will appear as shown below:-
- Here candidates can select the FSM type as either Digital Mitra or Trainer Mitra or Hygiene Mitra and enter other details.
Finally, candidates can click at “Register Yourself” button to complete FSM scheme online registration process. Also check FSM Scheme official press release to know more about initiatives launched by FSSAI on World Food Day.
FSSAI Food Safety Mitra (FSMs) Scheme Details
FSSAI has launched Food Safety Mitra (FSMs) Scheme on 16 October 2019 to strengthen food safety administration. FSM scheme will support small and medium scale food businesses in accordance to the food safety law. This would be done by facilitating licensing and registration, hygiene ratings and training.
In addition to this, Food Safety Mitra Scheme will also create new employment opportunities for youth particularly with food and nutrition background. FSM will undergo training and certification by FSSAI to do their work and get paid by food businesses for their services. The first batch of 15 FSMs were awarded certificates on the official launch of FSM scheme.
FSM Scheme Beneficiaries Roles & Responsibilities
The following are the roles and responsibilities of people who would be beneficiaries of Food Safety Mitra Scheme:-
- Registration & Licensing (Digital Mitra) – All the individuals with entrepreneurial mindset and IT skills can help food businesses with their compliances.
- Hygiene Auditors (Hygiene Mitra) – Domain experts from food industry are encouraged to get associated under FSM to become hygiene auditors.
- Food Safety Training (Trainer Mitra) – Any persons who are in food business or food professionals can be the certified as Food Safety trainers.
Click at FSM responsibilities for more information on Food Safety Mitra roles and responsibilities.
Food Safety Mitra Eligibility / Certification Process
Check the Food Safety Mitra (FSM) eligibility criteria through the link given below:-
FSSAI FSM Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Also check the complete certification process for FSM Scheme 2019 by FSSAI through the link below:-
FSSAI FSM Certification Process
FSSAI will ensure complete transparency, integrity & quality in training, audit or filing of applications.
— FSM Scheme Renewal & Cancellation Policy
— In case of any query, candidates can send an e-mail to email@example.com or can contact us at +91-11-22237435, +91-11-22237435.