Andhra Pradesh govt. credits Rs. 1024 crore into bank accounts of beneficiaries under Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme 2022. Through this AP Jagananna Vasati Deevena scheme, govt. will provide financial assistance to ITI / Polytechnic / Degree students to pay their hostel and mess charges in institutions. AP govt. will soon release amount under 2 other schemes namely Jagan Anna Vidya Deevena Scheme and YSR Kapu Nestam Scheme. This scheme aims to improve the Gross Enrolment Rate (GER), provide quality higher education, ensure continuation of students in the stream of higher education, and equip the students with essential skills.
All the students will get financial assistance directly into the bank account. More than 10.68 lakh students are expected be benefited from Vasati Deevena Scheme. Under Jagan Anna Vasathi Deevena Scheme, AP govt. will give the specified amount to students in 2 equal installments. Chief Minister said that Rs 3,329 crore was spent alone on the scheme since the formation of YSRCP government.
Details of AP Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme 2022
AP Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy has credited Rs 1024 crore into the bank accounts of mothers of 10 lakh students under the second installment of Vasathi Deevena scheme for the academic year 2021-22. CM mentioned that only education has the power to change the world, eradicate poverty and backwardness of society, which is why no child has to be deprived of education. The state government launched the scheme in order to provide quality education for the students and to ease the financial burden on parents. Under the scheme, boarding and hostel fees for students are paid by the government. In this article, we will provide the complete details about the AP Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme 2022:-
Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Amount for 1st / 2nd Installment
Under Jagananna Vasathi Deewana, the government provides for the hostel and mess charges of BPL students. This amount would be given in 2 installments. The assistance amount given under the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme would be as follows:-
- Industrial Training Institute Courses (ITI) students – Rs. 10,000 every year (Rs. 5,000 in 1st installment, Rs. 5,000 in 2nd Installment)
- Polytechnic students – Rs. 15,000 (Rs. 7,500 in 1st installment, Rs. 7,500 in 2nd Installment)
- Degree students – Rs. 20,000 (Rs. 10,000 in 1st installment, Rs. 10,000 in 2nd Installment)
Eligibility Criteria for AP Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
- The students pursuing the following courses are eligible-
- The students must be enrolled in the following institution
- Government or Government Aided
- Private Colleges affiliated to State Universities/ Boards.
- The family’s annual income should be less than Rs 2.5 Lakh per anum.
- Beneficiaries should only have the wetland below 10 acres/ agricultural land below 25 acres/ or wetland and agricultural land under 25 acres.
- The beneficiaries should not own any four-wheelers (Car, Taxi, Auto, etc).
- Government employees are not eligible for the scheme. All sanitary workers irrespective of their salary/ recruitment, are eligible.
- If anyone in the family is availing pension then he or she is not eligible for the scheme.
How to Fill Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme Application Form
Link to Online application: Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme Apply Online Link
Whom to contact
The Social Welfare Department is the Nodal Department for execution of the scheme.
List of Documents Required to Apply Online for Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
The following documents are required if you are applying for the scheme in the Andhra Pradesh region:-
- Residential proof
- Aadhar card
- College admission certificate
- Admission fee receipt
- Income certificate
- BPL or EWS certificates
- Parents’ occupational certificate
- Non-tax payer declaration
- Bank account details
Jagananna Vasathi Deevena First / Second Installment Release Date
Each beneficiary student of Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme would be paid the assistance amount in installments as mentioned above. Full fee reimbursement is provided for SC/ST students irrespective of courses. 2nd installment is credited into the bank account of beneficiaries on 8th April 2022.
Salient Features of Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme 2022
The important features and highlights of AP Jaganna Vasathi Deevena Scheme:-
- The state govt. will help students in paying off their hostel and mess charges. The assistance amount (per year) is given as follows:-
- ITI students will receive Rs. 10,000 (Rs. 5,000 in 1st phase & Rs. 5,000 in 2nd phase).
- Diploma / Polytechnic students will get Rs. 15,000 in 2 equal installments.
- Degree students will get Rs. 20,000 (Rs. 10,000 in 1st Phase & Rs. 10,000 in 2nd phase).
- The Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme amount would be paid in two installments.
- This amount would be given into the bank account of student’s mother.
The allocation for AP Jagananna Vasati Deevena Scheme is increased by Rs. 1500 crore as compared to allocation made by TDP government. A total number of 10,68,150 students are expected to get benefit from Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme.
An Overview of Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
|Launched Date:||24 February 2020|
|Name of Scheme:||Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme|
|State Name:||Andhra Pradesh|
|Major Beneficiaries:||Students of AP State|
|Objectives:||To provide financial assistance for studies|
|2nd Installment Release Date:||8th April 2022|
|Applicable Courses:||ITI, Diploma / Polytechnic, Degree Courses|
|Incentive Amount:||Rs. 10000 for ITI, Rs. 15,000 for Diploma, Rs. 20000 for Degree Students|
|Online Application Link:||https://navasakam.ap.gov.in/|
|Announced / Launched by:||CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Applicable Year:||2020, 2021, 2022 and so on|
AP Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme 2022
Under Jagan Anna Vidya Deevena Scheme, AP govt. will provide 100% fee reimbursement to students. All the students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, backward classes, minorities, Kapus, economically backward classes and differently-abled categories will be reimbursed. AP cabinet committee has allocated Rs. 3369 crore for full fee reimbursement scheme. This fee reimbursement will be extended to students pursuing B Tech, B Pharmacy, M Tech, M Pharmacy, MBA, MCA, BEd and such courses.
Any student whose annual family income is less than Rs. 2.5 lakh are eligible under Jagan Anna Vidya Deevena Scheme. All those students which have 10 acres of wetland and 25 acres of dry land are also eligible for the benefit. There is no income limit for students hailing from families of sanitation works and those who are professionally dependent on taxi, auto, and tractor. However, The income taxpayers will not be eligible.
AP YSR Kapu Nestam Scheme
AP cabinet also approves YSR Kapu Nestam Scheme for women from Kapu, Balija, Telaga, Ontari communities. Under this scheme, women b/w age of 45 to 60 years will be given an assistance of Rs. 15,000 per annum. Each beneficiary will get Rs 75,000 in five years to help them improve their living conditions.