Andhra Pradesh govt. has launched Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme for students. Through this AP Jagananna Vasati Deevena scheme, govt. will provide financial assistance to ITI / Polytechnic / Degree students to pay their hostel and mess charges in institutions. AP cabinet committee has also approved 2 other schemes namely Jagan Anna Vidya Deevena Scheme and YSR Kapu Nestam Scheme. This scheme aims to improve the Gross Enrolment Rate (GER), provide quality higher education, ensure continuation of students in the stream of higher education, and equip the students with essential skills.
All the students will get financial assistance directly into the bank account. AP YSR cabinet also approved allocation of Rs 2,300 crore every year for AP Jagananna Vasathi Deevana Scheme. More than 11.44 lakh students are expected be benefited from Vasati Deevena Scheme and Vidya Deevena. Under Jagan Anna Vasathi Deevena Scheme, AP govt. will give the specified amount to students in 2 equal installments in the month of February and July.
Details of AP Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme 2021
In this article, we will provide the complete details about the AP Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme 2021.
Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Amount for 1st / 2nd Installment
Under Jagananna Vasathi Deewana, the government provides for the hostel and mess charges of BPL students. This amount would be given in 2 installments in the month of February and July every year. The assistance amount given under the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme would be as follows:-
- Industrial Training Institute Courses (ITI) students – Rs. 10,000 every year (Rs. 5,000 in 1st installment, Rs. 5,000 in 2nd Installment)
- Polytechnic students – Rs. 15,000 (Rs. 7,500 in 1st installment, Rs. 7,500 in 2nd Installment)
- Degree students – Rs. 20,000 (Rs. 10,000 in 1st installment, Rs. 10,000 in 2nd Installment)
Eligibility Criteria for AP Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
- The students pursuing the following courses are eligible-
- The students must be enrolled in the following institution
- Government or Government Aided
- Private Colleges affiliated to State Universities/ Boards.
- The family’s annual income should be less than Rs 2.5 Lakh per anum.
- Beneficiaries should only have the wetland below 10 acres/ agricultural land below 25 acres/ or wetland and agricultural land under 25 acres.
- The beneficiaries should not own any four-wheelers (Car, Taxi, Auto, etc).
- Government employees are not eligible for the scheme. All sanitary workers irrespective of their salary/ recruitment, are eligible.
- If anyone in the family is availing pension then he or she is not eligible for the scheme.
How to Fill Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme Application Form
Link to Online application: Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
Whom to contact
The Social Welfare Department is the Nodal Department for execution of the scheme.
List of Documents Required to Apply Online for Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
The following documents are required if you are applying for the scheme in the Andhra Pradesh region:-
- Residential proof
- Aadhar card
- College admission certificate
- Admission fee receipt
- Income certificate
- BPL or EWS certificates
- Parents’ occupational certificate
- Non-tax payer declaration
- Bank account details
Jagananna Vasathi Deevena First / Second Installment Release Date
Each beneficiary students of Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme would be paid the assistance amount in installments as mentioned above. Full fee reimbursement is provided for SC/ST students irrespective of courses. The release date of installments under Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme would be as follows:-
Andhra Pradesh Government Schemes 2021Popular Schemes in Andhra Pradesh:AP Transport Learner's Licence (LLR) Online Application FormAP Ration Card Application Forms PDF DownloadAP YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme
First Installment – July Month of the academic year
Second Installment – February Month of the academic year
For eg- if a student takes admission in either ITI or polytechnic or degree course in the month of April 2020, then he would get the first installment in July 2020 and second installment in February 2021.
Salient Features of Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme 2021
The important features and highlights of AP Jaganna Vasathi Deevena Scheme:-
- The state govt. will help students in paying off their hostel and mess charges. The assistance amount (per year) is given as follows:-
- ITI students will receive Rs. 10,000 (Rs. 5,000 in 1st phase & Rs. 5,000 in 2nd phase).
- Diploma / Polytechnic students will get Rs. 15,000 in 2 equal installments.
- Degree students will get Rs. 20,000 (Rs. 10,000 in 1st Phase & Rs. 10,000 in 2nd phase).
- The Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme amount would be paid in two installments. 1st installment to be given in the month of July and 2nd installment to be given in February.
- This amount would be given into the bank account of student’s mother.
The allocation for AP Jagananna Vasati Deevena Scheme is increased by Rs. 1500 crore as compared to allocation made by TDP government. A total number of 11,44,490 students are expected to get benefit from Jagan Anna Vidya Deevena Scheme and Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme.
An Overview of Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
|Launched Date:||24 February 2020|
|Name of Scheme:||Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme|
|State Name:||Andhra Pradesh|
|Major Beneficiaries:||Students of AP State|
|Objectives:||To provide financial assistance for studies|
|1st Installment Release Date:||July month of academic year|
|2nd Installment Release Date:||February month of academic year|
|Applicable Courses:||ITI, Diploma / Polytechnic, Degree Courses|
|Incentive Amount:||Rs. 10000 for ITI, Rs. 15,000 for Diploma, Rs. 20000 for Degree Students|
|Online Application Link:||https://navasakam.ap.gov.in/|
|Announced / Launched by:||CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Applicable Year:||2020, 2021, 2022 and so on|
AP Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme 2021
Under Jagan Anna Vidya Deevena Scheme, AP govt. will provide 100% fee reimbursement to students. All the students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, backward classes, minorities, Kapus, economically backward classes and differently-abled categories will be reimbursed. AP cabinet committee has allocated Rs. 3400 crore for full fee reimbursement scheme. This fee reimbursement will be extended to students pursuing B Tech, B Pharmacy, M Tech, M Pharmacy, MBA, MCA, BEd and such courses.
Any student whose annual family income is less than Rs. 2.5 lakh are eligible under Jagan Anna Vidya Deevena Scheme. All those students which have 10 acres of wetland and 25 acres of dry land are also eligible for the benefit. There is no income limit for students hailing from families of sanitation works and those who are professionally dependent on taxi, auto, and tractor. However, The income taxpayers will not be eligible.
AP YSR Kapu Nestam Scheme
AP cabinet also approves YSR Kapu Nestam Scheme for women from Kapu, Balija, Telaga, Ontari communities. Under this scheme, women b/w age of 45 to 60 years will be given an assistance of Rs. 15,000 per annum. Each beneficiary will get Rs 75,000 in five years to help them improve their living conditions. The cabinet approved implementation of YSR Kapu Nestham scheme with an allocation of Rs 1,101 crore and Rs 900 crore every year thereafter.
AP Vahana Mitra Scheme Phase 2
AP govt. has also allocated Rs. 63 crore for implementation of Vahana Mitra Scheme Phase 2 for auto, taxi, maxi cab owners cum drivers. Under this scheme, each driver / owner will get Rs. 10,000 per annum for annual maintenance of their vehicles. A total amount of Rs. 236 crore is distributed to beneficiaries in these two phases of Vahana Mitra Scheme. The registration process for AP Vahana Mitra Scheme beneficiaries will continue next year.
In addition to this AP Navaratanalu’s Pedhalandariki Illu (Housing Scheme) scheme also got approved and Rs. 25 lakh houses to be constructed.