Uttar Pradesh government has launched a new UP Free School Uniform Scheme on 6 November 2021. The decision to start Free School Dress Scheme was taken in a cabinet meeting held on 22 October 2021 and this yojana is now launched. CM Yogi Adityanath has transfered cash assistance of Rs. 1100 to bank accounts of parents of 1.8 crore students studying in schools under Basic Shiksha Parishad through direct benefit transfer.
The assistance under UP School Dress Yojana is for purchase of uniforms, sweaters, shoes, socks and school bags. The amount under यूपी मुफ्त स्कूल ड्रेस योजना has been credited directly to the bank accounts of the parents of the bonafide students. In UP Muft School Bag / Uniform Yojana, students from classes 1 to 8 in government and government-aided primary schools are eligible.
UP Free School Uniform Scheme (यूपी मुफ्त स्कूल ड्रेस योजना) 2021
UP Free School Uniform Scheme 2021 is a new initiative of the state govt. where govt. has transfered money to beneficiaries to enable them to purchase a uniform, sweater, socks, school bags, shoes and stockings. The amount of Rs. 1100 under UP Free School Bag / Uniform / Sweaters / Shoes scheme is credited to the accounts of the parents of class 1st to 8th students. यूपी मुफ्त स्कूल ड्रेस योजना money is paid to the parents of beneficiary students through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode i.e directly into their bank accounts.
Eligibility Criteria for UP Free School Bag / Uniform Scheme
Only those students who fulfill the below mentioned criteria will be eligible for UP Free School Bag / Uniform Scheme 2021:-
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- He / She must be a student.
- Applicant must be studying in class 1st to 8th in any of the government or govt-aided school in UP state.
- Rs. 1100 assistance to be credited into bank accounts of parents of students for purchase of socks, shoes, sweaters, uniform, bags.
Benefits of UP Free School Uniform / Bag Scheme
Here are some of the major benefits of the UP Free School Uniform Scheme for Class 1st to 8th students:-
- UP Free School Uniform Scheme will ensure a transparent system for distribution of assistance for school uniforms, sweaters, shoes and school bags.
- It will develop a market for school dress, sweaters, shoes, bags at the local level.
- UP Free Uniform / Sweaters / Shoes / School Bag Scheme will generate self-employment opportunities in rural areas.
- Due to timely availability of proper facilities to the students, their attendance will improve.
- Learning-teaching environment will also improve with the implementation of UP Free School Dress Scheme.
With this arrangement, the state, district and block level administrative officers will be in a position to focus more on improving the quality of education by being free from the procurement process. At present, free uniforms are provided to the students of classes 1 to 8 by the Uttar Pradesh govt. which are arranged through different processes. Due to this, timely supply of uniforms remains a challenge and sometimes complaints regarding the quality are also received.
UP Muft School Dress Yojana Amount
An amount of about Rs. 1980 crore will be transferred through DBT in the bank accounts of parents of more than 1.80 crore students for free uniforms.
An Overview of UP Free School Dress Scheme
For uniforms, shoes, socks, sweaters and school bags, the parents of the students from Classes 1 to 8 studying in government primary and aided schools will be given money directly in their accounts. About Rs. 1,800 crore will be spent on this. Presently, the uniforms, shoes, school bags are provided to the students through the schools for free. For carrying forward the scheme, the parents of 1.6 crore students will be provided a total amount of about Rs 1,800 crore through direct benefit transfer (DBT).