Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approves continuation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin beyond March 2019. Under PMAY-G Phase 2, the central govt. has set a total target of construction of 1.95 crore houses upto FY 2022. PMAY-G is an ambitious rural housing scheme where all the deprived families in rural areas would get their own house.
Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has approved launch of PM Awaas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) Phase II after expiration of previous phase. All the PMAY-G beneficiaries will get funds which are going to be transferred electronically directly into the bank accounts.
All the left out rural households who are homeless or living in dilapidated houses subject to a ceiling of 1.95 crore would be provided pucca houses by 2022.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) Phase II
The important features and highlights of PM Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) Phase 2 are as follows:-
- CCEA approves continuation of rural housing scheme PM Awaas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) in Phase II till 2019-20 as per existing norms of PMAY-G Phase 1. The central govt. has set a target of 60 lakh houses which involves financial implication of Rs. 76,500 crore. In this, central govt. share is Rs. 48,195 crore and state share is Rs. 28,305 crore.
- The total target for PMAY-G Phase 2 is to construct 1.95 crore houses till FY 2022.
- All the additional eligible households from the final Awaas+ list would get included in the Permanent Wait List (PWL) of PMAY-G housing scheme. The upper ceiling of construction of houses is 1.95 crore and high priority will be given to those states / UTs where PWL is exhausted. The central govt. has allocated target to these States / UTs with the approval of the Minister of Rural Development in consultation with the Ministry of Finance.
- Union govt. will continue Program Management Unit (PMU) and National Technical Support Agency (NTSA) till FY 2019-20.
- The central govt. will allow borrowing for additional financial requirement through existing EBR mechanism till the validity of the PMAY-G Scheme.
The central govt. will continue PMAY-G scheme beyond 2019-20 upto 2021-22 in the next finance commission cycle.
This is going to be done after due appraisal and approval based on 3rd party evaluation of the scheme as per the extent procedure. Moreover, there would be reduction in administrative expenses from 4% to 2% of programme funds.
The central govt. will bifurcate 2% of the programme funds which are allocated for administrative component. The central govt. shall retain 0.30% of the programme funds. The remaining 1.70% of the programme funds shall be released to the states / UTs as administrative fund.