Department of School Education and Literacy is inviting online applications for National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS). Under this scheme, all the meritorious students belonging to the economically weaker sections will be given scholarships after class VIII. All the students of Class IX, X, XI, XII will get scholarship of Rs. 6000 per year to pursue their studies. Interested candidates can apply online and fill National Means cum Merit Scholarship Online Application Form at scholarships.gov.in
Scholarship rate is fixed at Rs. 500 per month and there are 1 lakh scholarships to be given to Class 9th students. Candidates will continue to receive this amount and they can apply for renewal in class 10th, 11th, 12th. This scholarship will assist students to study in State govt. / Govt. aided & Local body Schools.
The main aim is to reduce the dropout rate after class 8th. Interested and eligible candidates can make registration at National Scholarship portal and apply for National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme before 31 October 2018.
National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) Application Form
Below is the complete procedure to apply online for NMMSS Scholarship 2018 for meritorious poor students:-
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in
- At homepage, go to “Central Schemes” section and click at “Department of School Education & Literacy” sub-section. Next hit at “Apply” button in front of ‘National Means cum Merit Scholarship’ or directly click this link
- Then National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018 Apply Online / Login Page will appear:-
- Then click at “New Student ? Register Here” link as shown in the above figure. Afterwards, NMMS Scheme Registration Form will appear as follows:-
- Fill the essential details, click at the “Register” button to get Username and ID on your registered Mobile Number.
- After candidates can “Login” using the details sent on Mobile number, Verify OTP, Change Password and then click at “Apply” link on the dashboard to fill the NMMS Scheme Online Application Form 2018 which will appear as follows:-
- Fill complete details and click at the “Save & Continue” button to complete online application process for NMMSS Scholarship Scheme 2018-19.
Students of NVS, KVS, Sainik Schools and private schools cannot fill the NMMSS Scholarship Application Form. District Education Officer will forward the list to State Nodal officers who has to verify the beneficiaries and confirm the awardees of scholarship.
NMMS Scholarship 2018-19 – Rate & Number of Scholarship
Central govt. offers a total number of 1 lakh scholarships @ 6000 p.a (500 p.m) to the selected students of Class IX every year. These scholarships are continued /renewed in Class 10th to Class 12th for study in State govt. / Govt. Aided / Local Body Schools. State Bank of India (SBI) holds the responsibility to disburse this amount directly into the bank account of students through Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
Each State / UT conducts State level Examination for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. This includes Mental Ability Test (MAT), Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Candidates must pass MAT & SAT at-least 40% marks. For reserved category, this cut off is 32% marks. Central govt. will provide 100% funds for the scheme.
NMMSS Scholarship Scheme 2018-19 – Eligibility & Details
Every candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to become eligible for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme:-
- The total family income of all the candidates from all sources must not exceed Rs. 1.5 lakh per annum.
- All the students will get reservation on the basis of State govt. norms.
- All the students must have secured 55% marks or equivalent in Class 7th to appear in the NMMSS Scholarship Examination for Class 8th.
- For further classes i.e from class 9th to 12th, candidates must have secured at-least 55% marks in the previous final examination. (Relaxable by 5% for SC/ ST)
For more detail on Eligibility Criteria, click the link – NMMSS Scholarship 2018-19 Guidelines
Note – All the students of Class 9th and 10th needs to apply under Pre-Matric scholarship category while students of class 11th and 12th need to apply under Post-Matric scholarship category. For renewal of Scholarship, click the link – Apply for PMMS Scholarship Renewal
— For more details, visit the official website https://scholarships.gov.in/