Telangana government is soon going to launch Geetha Karmikula Bima Scheme 2023 for toddy tapers. Under this scheme, the state govt. will provide an insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakh to toddy tapers. Read below to check the detailed information regarding various aspects of Telangana Geetha Karmikula Bima like Highlights, Objectives, Features & Benefits, Application Procedures, and much more.
About Telangana Geetha Karmikula Bima Scheme 2023
Under the new Geetha Karmikula Bima Scheme, the kin would receive Rs. 5 lakh in the event of death of a toddy tapper for any reason. The sum would be directly deposited into the bank accounts of the family members. The CM instructed ministers to formulate guidelines for the scheme and Chief Secretary to initiate immediate steps.
CM KCR reiterated his government’s commitment to the welfare of various societal groups on 2 May 2023 when he unveiled a unique program called the Geeta Karmikula Bima, which will provide toddy tappers with an insurance cover of Rs. 5 lacks, similar to the Rythu Bheema program already in place for farmers. CM also promised that the state govt. will buy the entire harvest, including paddy stocks exposed to rainwater at the same price, for farmers affected by unseasonal rains.
When discussing the ongoing paddy procurement and the plan of action to be put in place to prevent losses in the wake of rain ravage, the Chief Minister requested that Agriculture officials make a plan in advance to ensure that the paddy harvest is finished as soon as possible, preferably in March of the following year, to prevent crop losses brought on by calamities in the summer.
Short Brief of Geeta Karmikula Bima Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Geetha Karmikula Bima Scheme|
|Date of Announcement||2 May 2023|
|Announced by||CM KCR|
|Objective||To provide insurance coverage to toddy tapers in TS state|
|Insurance Coverage Amount||Rs. 5 Lakh|
Objectives of Geetha Karmikula Beema Scheme
Many families are losing their bread-earners as tappers are dying after accidentally falling from palm trees while tapping toddy and supporting such families is the duty of the state government. In these circumstances, the financial aid provided under the insurance coverage should be transferred directly and without delay into their bank accounts. Ex gratia payments have been made by the government in the past for deadly accidents involving toddy tappers, but the procedure took time. The innovative Rythu Bima farm program was designed by the government and was being successfully implemented, benefiting thousands of farmer families throughout the Telangana state. The same benefits should accrue to the toddy tappers.
Salient Features of Geetha Karmikula Bima Scheme
Some of the key features and benefits of Geetha Karmikula Bima are as follows:-
- If a toddy tapper unintentionally dies while gathering toddy from palm trees in the fields, insurance money in the amount of Rs. 5 lakhs will be promptly put into the bank accounts of the corresponding family members.
- State Finance Minister T Harish Rao and Excise and Prohibition Minister V Srinivas Goud were given instructions by the Chief Minister to create rules for the new insurance program.
- Although the government was giving Ex-gratia to the families of the victims, there was a delay in the process. Once insured through Geetha Karmikula Bima, the insurance sum would be paid out in a week.
- The government assured the farmers that the State government would buy the paddy stocks that had been exposed to rainwater and that it would buy the wet paddy down to the last grain, paying the same price as for the dry paddy.
- The government also assured the farmers that they would not be let down at any cost, allaying their anxieties. The State government stayed dedicated to assisting agriculture by taking responsibility for their difficulties.
Geetha Karmikula Bima Scheme Apply Online Process
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has only made announcement regarding the Geetha Karmikula Bima Scheme. The government has not yet revealed the modalities and application form filling process for this. However, it is expected that Geetha Karmikula Bima scheme registration process will begin soon. As soon as the apply online process for GKBS begins, we will update it here.