|PDF Name||CPWS Scheme 2023 Guidelines PDF|
|Last Updated||December 9, 2022|
|No. of Pages||34|
|PDF Size||1.30 MB|
|Topic / Tag||Govt Scheme Guidelines|
|Source(s) / Credits||Sarkari Yojana|
CPWS Scheme 2023 guidelines available to download in PDF format at Watersoft-official website of RWSS at rwss.ap.gov.in. CPWS scheme full form is Comprehensive Protected Water Supply.
CPWS Scheme 2023
Rural Water Supply is being implemented through various types of infrastructure created from time to time, i.e., hand pumps to bore wells, PWS Schemes, CPWS Schemes. As per the 73rd Constitutional amendment, the Government of Andhra Pradesh has devolved the following functions to the Panchayat Raj Institutions (PRIs) in respect of Rural Water Supply Department vide G.O.Rt. No 569 Dt. 22-12-2007, of P.R& R.D (RWS-I) as noted below with the technical assistance of RWS&S Department.
- The Operation and Maintenance of Multi village schemes (ie:CPWS Schemes) is to be looked after by the Zilla Parishads.
- Operation and Maintenance of all the individual PWS Schemes (single village schemes) is to be looked after by the concerned Gram Panchayats.
- The Operation and Maintenance of Hand pumps in a Mandal is to be looked after by the Mandal Parishads.
- The funds required for the Operation and Maintenance of the above Schemes are being directly released to the concerned Zilla Parishads, Gram panchayats and Mandal Parishads by the Commissioner, PR &RE under 13th Finance Commission Grant.
- Operation and Maintenance of Hand pumps in a Mandal is to be looked after by the Mandal Parishads.