Table of Contents
Central government is going to expand and universalize Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) – SABLA. Subsequently, this sarkari yojana will help out of school girls in the age group of 11-14 years to get appropriate nutrition & health services. Moreover, this scheme will cover additional districts in 1 year up to 30 November 2018.
Central govt. sanctions SAG Scheme in the year 2010 and implements this scheme in 205 districts. Afterwards in the year 2017-18, govt. expands this scheme in 303 other districts (total-508 districts). Now the central govt. is going to universalize this scheme in the remaining districts in the FY 2018-19.
In addition to this, govt. will also implement Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY) along with this scheme. Even all the districts of North Eastern (NE) Region will get included under its phase-wise expansion.
Objectives of Scheme For Adolescent Girls (SAG)
The main objectives of SAG are as follows:-
- To promote self development and empowerment of adolescent girls.
- Subsequently, this scheme will improve their nutrition and health status.
- To promote awareness about health, hygiene and Adolescent Reproductive & Sexual Health (ARSH).
- This scheme also focuses on providing home-based skills and life skills along with mainstreaming these girls into formal / non-formal education.
- Furthermore, SAG scheme will also deliver guidance on public services such as PHC, Post Office, Bank, police Station.
Official Notification – Candidates can see the official notification for expansion of SAG Scheme using the link given below:-
Scheme For Adolescent Services (SAG) – Details
SAG is a centrally sponsored scheme implemented under the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme. Subsequently, Anganwadi Centers have the responsibility to deliver this service. Furthermore, to see more details about the scheme, please click the link given below:-
SAG Scheme (SABLA)
KSY & SAG Scheme Funds Allocation
The details of the allocated funds under SAG & KSY scheme (data for previous 3 years) are as follows:-
|Financial Year||Funds Released for Scheme For Adolescent Girls (SAG)||Funds Released For Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY)|
|2014-15||Rs. 61,021.36 lakh||Rs. 1489.05 lakh|
|2015-16||Rs. 47,040.57 lakh||Rs 545.56 lakh|
|2016-17||Rs. 47,700.06 lakh||Rs. 566.27 lakh|
|2017-18||Rs. 33,359.64 lakh||Rs. 464.71 lakh|
The above mentioned data is given by Minister of State for Women and Child Development, Dr. Virendra Kumar in Rajya Sabha.