Table of Contents
Odisha Free Smartphone Yojana 2020 has been announced by the Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on 17 November 2020. He interacted with the people of Swabhiman Anchal today through video conferencing. At the event he also launched the free mobile phone distribution scheme.
Odisha Free Smartphone Yojana 2020
CM Naveen Patnaik has announced that the state government will provide free smart mobile phones to all families in the Swabhiman Anchal. Odisha Chief Minister mentioned that “I am very happy to start the distribution of mobile phones in the area from today.” CM Naveen_Odisha interacts with people of Swabhiman Anchala & launches mobile phone distribution programme.
Free Mobile Phone Distribution Scheme in Odisha
This Odisha Free Smartphone Yojana would help people of the area to connect to other areas and would also help children study online. Earlier in July 2018, CM visited the Swabiman Anchal, inaugurated the Gurpriya Bridge and announced a special package of Rs 100 crore under the SETU scheme to lead the development work of the region.
Afterwards, the state govt. has increased the amount of the special package to Rs. 215 crore. This package focused on education, livelihoods, communications, drinking water, irrigation, housing, banking and other sectors in the district. CM said steps have been taken for promotion of turmeric cultivation, processing and branding in the area to grow good quality turmeric in the area.
Earlier Free Smartphone Yojana 2018 in Odisha for Women Farmers
Odisha govt. had launched Free Smartphone Yojana 2018 to provide internet enabled mobile phones to women farmers. This scheme had enabled small and marginal women farmers to have access to market prices, weather based info and new agricultural products. To avail free of cost smartphones, women had to make online registration during the Kharif Season.
The state govt. had launched this new scheme in phases with disbursal of Android phones to around 70% of women farmers in 1st phase. Cooperation Minister Surya Narayan Patro had announced this scheme for women farmers as the previous smartphone scheme were applicable only for male farmers.
This scheme had a major impact on the agricultural production in Odisha. Moreover, the primary objective was “doubling the farmers income by 2022”.
Free Smartphone Yojana 2018 Features
In all the previous free smartphone schemes in Odisha, only the male farmers were entitled to avail the benefits. Now the female farmers were also enabled to get Android based mobile phones with 4G Internet Connectivity. The important features and highlights of this Odisha free smartphone yojana were as follows:-
- Now all the women farmers were getting free smartphones to boost their agricultural production.
- With these smartphones, women empowerment was the main focus. This scheme was to enable women farmers to receive tips from agricultural department.
- Women farmers were to utilize these smartphones to ensure better crops productivity and higher produce depending on the nature of soil and climatic conditions.
- These free mobile phones had enabled small and marginal farmers to access up-to-date market related information. Women were able to gather info. on current prices of agricultural commodities in different markets. Even they were able to use message service to know the value of their own crop produce.
- All the weather based information was visible on their mobile phones and alerts facility was also provided.
- Furthermore, farmers were even able to gather info. on various Odisha Government Schemes currently running for the welfare of farmers.
The total number of women farmers in the state was very less, so the state govt. had focused on its effective implementation.
Free Smartphone Yojana 2018 Application Form
Just like Free Smartphone Yojana in other states, farmers had to make online registration to get android based phone. These mobile phones were also provide info. regarding crop loans schemes of Odisha govt.
For this reason, the co-operation department had opened a new dedicated portal. All the women farmers were required to fill and submit the completed application form at this new portal.