Table of Contents
All India Council for Technical Education has started AICTE PG Scholarship Scheme 2020. Now M.Tech/ M.E./ M.Arch course students can fill AICTE PG (GATE / GPAT) Scholarship application form for the current academic year 2020-21. All the interested students can apply online for Rs. 12,400 stipend on GATE / GPAT Courses at aicte-india.org before last date. The online registration lines for Post Graduate Students are now open, check eligibility criteria, instructions attachments and complete details here.
AICTE PG Scholarship Scheme 2020
All the students who have received admission in the institutions affiliated with AICTE in the current academic year 2020-21 can avail benefits of AICTE PG Scholarship Scheme 2020. For this purpose, applicant must possess a valid GATE score at the time of admission to be eligible for AICTE PG (GATE / GPAT) Scholarship as announced on aicte-india.org. In this article, we will tell you about the complete process of applying online, eligibility, stipend amount and other aspects of the scheme.
How to Apply Online for AICTE PG (GATE / GPAT) Scholarship 2020
Online proposals are invited from AICTE approved Institutions for the academic year 2020-21 for disbursement of Post Graduate Scholarship through DBT to the students admitted in AICTE approved programs of M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./M.Arch with valid GATE/GPAT score card. Below is the complete process to apply online for AICTE PG Scholarship Scheme (GATE / GPAT) 2020:-
- Step 1: Firstly visit the official website at https://aicte-india.org/
- Step 2: At the homepage, click at the “PG Scholarship (GATE / GPAT)” link present under ‘Quick Links‘ section or directly click this link
- Step 3: In the new window, click at the “Apply for PG Scholarship (GATE / GPAT)” link or directly click here
- Step 4: At the new page, scroll down to reach the “Click here to proceed to GATE / GPAT Scholarship Student Verification ID tab” button and click it.
- Step 5: Afterwards, the AICTE PG (GATE / GPAT) Scholarship Scheme 2020 apply form will appear as shown below:-
- Step 6: Here in this Student ID Verification application form for AICTE PG Scholarship Scheme 2020, applicants can fill in details. It includes State, Institute Permanent ID, Student ID, Date of Birth.
Finally, applicants can click at the “Validate” button to complete the AICTE Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme registration process. It is important to note that Student ID / Institute Permanent ID may be obtained from your institute. For new institutes / deemed universities current application number and permanent ID are same.
People can even check the AICTE PG (GATE / GPAT) Scholarship apply online process as shown below:-
Eligibility Criteria for AICTE PG Scholarship Scheme
Only those candidates fulfilling the below mentioned criteria are eligible for the AICTE PG (GATE / GPAT) Scholarship Scheme:-
- Only GATE/GPAT qualified candidates are eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship.
- Candidates admitted for part time courses are not eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship.
- Bank account name and candidate name should be same.
- Joint accounts are not permitted for GATE/GPAT scholarship.
- Student must have general saving account in the bank. (Minor/no frills account will not be accepted)
- Gate candidates admitted in engineering and architecture program and GPAT candidates admitted in pharmacy program alone are eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship.
- Admissions before or after GATE/GPAT validity shall not be considered for GATE/GPAT scholarship.
- Creamy layer OBC candidates who had qualified under OBC category are not eligible for GATE scholarship.
- Candidates qualified under SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/Physically Handicapped not having authentic certificate are not eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship.
GATE/GPAT scholarship shall be given from date of commencement of classes/date of admission (whichever is later) to completion of courses/date of submission of thesis. The GATE/GPAT scholarship will be disbursed for a maximum period of 24 month or till completion of courses/date of submission of thesis whichever is earlier.
List of Documents Required for AICTE PG (GATE / GPAT) Scholarship
Here is the complete list of documents required for AICTE Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme 2020:-
- Recent authentic non-creamy layer certificate[NCL] is required for OBC candidates (not more than 1-year old)
- Documents in support of SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/Physically Handicapped certificate shall be attested by the institute principal or gazetted officer
- SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/Physically Handicapped certificate should be in Hindi/English otherwise it should be translated and verified in Hindi/English by notary officer or by the principal in institute letter head. Student shall upload both original and translated certificate
- All other attachments shall be self-attested by the candidate
It is important to note that only clear and readable attachments shall be accepted as necessary attachments.
Stipend Amount in GATE / GPAT Scholarship Scheme by AICTE
As per the official advertisement, students will get monthly stipend of Rs. 12,400 per month for a duration of 2 years or till their course is completed, whichever happens sooner. In addition, students will also get an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000 as per the scholarship notification.
AICTE in order to ensure the development of technical education in India awards Post Graduate Scholarship of Rs. 12,400/- per month to full-time GATE/GPAT qualified students admitted to AICTE approved postgraduate programs in AICTE approved Institutions/ University Departments. Read general guidelines of PG Scholarship Scheme for GATE / GPAT at link – Click Here
AICTE Helpline Number
Here are the helpline contact numbers of AICTE, 011-29581333 (Only for Technical Queries), 29581338, 29581119. Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What are the eligibility criteria for grant of PG Scholarship
Post Graduate Scholarship is entitled only to full time GATE/GPAT qualified students admitted to AICTE approved programs viz. Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture and Master of Pharmacy courses in AICTE approved Institutions and AICTE approved University Departments.
Are the students qualifying GATE/GPAT exam after seeking admission in the course, eligible for grant of PG Scholarship
Any student who qualifies the GATE/GPAT exam after the date of admission shall not be eligible for grant of scholarship for the reasons whatsoever it may be.
What is the procedure for applying online for grant of PG Scholarship through DBT
Proposal for grant of PG Scholarship are called for through advertisement in leading newspapers. Students/Institutes are advised to follow the procedure and guidelines contained therein. Copy of the advertisement can be viewed by visiting AICTE portal at http:www.aicte-india.org/bulletin.php
What are the document required to be uploaded by the student
Scanned PDF copy of GATE/GPAT score card, passbook, aadhaar card, caste certificate, Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) certificate for OBC (not more than 1 year old)
Can the Joint Account with family members be uploaded
No, Joint account is not accepted. Only Basic General Savings account/Normal account should be opened in the name of the student in any Nationalized bank. Student should open “NO FRILL ACCOUNT”
What is the last date to apply online for AICTE PG Scholarship Scheme
31 December 2020
For more detailed FAQ’s, click at the link – https://www.aicte-india.org/sites/default/files/PG%20FAQ.pdf